Business Analysis Certification - CCBA / CBAP eligibility criteria

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Om Prakash Bang, May 29, 2015.

1. Om Prakash Bang

Om Prakash Bang Well-Known Member
    Alumni

Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis(CCBA®)

To apply for the Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis exam and earn the CCBA® designation, a business analyst will need to be knowledgeable in all six knowledge areas of A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), with proficiency in at least two. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
    • Minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOK® Guide in the last 7 years
    • Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
    • Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
    • Two references* from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
    • Signed Code of Conduct
    Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)

To apply for the Certified Business Analysis Professional exam and earn the CBAP® designation, a business analyst will need to be knowledgeable in all six knowledge areas of A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide), with proficiency in at least four. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
    • Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with BABOK® Guide in the last 10 years
    • Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
    • Minimum 35 hours of Professional Development in the past four years.
    • Two references* from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
    • Signed Code of Conduct
    *References must meet the following conditions:
    • At least one of the references must be a current contact.
    • All references must have known the applicant for at least six months.
    • A career manager is defined by IIBA as the person who is responsible for providing and preparing the applicant’s annual performance review.
    • Project managers cannot be references unless they are also the applicant’s career manager. The reference form must clearly indicate they fill both roles or the reference will not qualify.
    • Only two references will be assessed during the application assessment process.
    • It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the reference submits their form in time to be considered for the exam date of interest and to do any necessary follow-up with their references.
    Source: http://www.iiba.org/

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    supriya_36 and Truly Langford like this.
  2. Shruti

Shruti -

Good Read Om! This is really useful information:)

3. Truly Langford

Thanks a lot for all this great information. It's really useful to know, especially for anyone going into the field of Big Data and Analytics. Not really the kind of career you can jump into right out of college. You need both advanced degree and experience on the job to be able to acquire some of these more prestigious certifications.

4. Anurag_3

Anurag_3 Member
    Alumni

5. Anurag_3

Anurag_3 Member
    Alumni

Hello Om,

I need assistance in filling up the CBAP form.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Anurag

6. Om Prakash Bang

Om Prakash Bang Well-Known Member
    Alumni

7. Anurag_3

Anurag_3 Member
    Alumni

Hello Om,

Please check your mail address.

8. Jyoti_40

Jyoti_40 New Member

Hello,
    I am a techno functional ERP consultant in FIN/SCM modules from past 15 years. Is there any future for me analytics industry if I learn the same from a good private institute. Is ERP and Analytics combo having any future? Any suggestions shall be appreciate.

9. Aara

Aara New Member

Hey Great Information :

This is very important information for students or readers I also done CBAL certification course but I did Koenig Solutions training center.