CISSP EXAM Attempt on Nov 2017

Discussion in 'CISA/CISM/CISSP' started by Faiz Kazi, Dec 18, 2017.

?

Did You liked the post?

1. Like

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Dislike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Faiz Kazi

Faiz Kazi Member

Hi,

as could not remember when required.Also as the new exam pattern is introduced from mid Dec 2017, I felt the question set was tougher than my previous attempt.
    I did reattempted cissp exam on 29th Nov 2017, I did attend full class of online training from simplilearn,
    As Cissp syllaibus is too vast still the trainer did his best to cover it and explain the concepts clearly and precisely.

My Exam preparation
    Read Shon Harris and Cissp Sybex , solved cissp official practice question all domain specific and 250 series practice test, Reffered to simplilearn recorded lectures and read the trainer provided notes once as revision. Solved 2 sets of bonus practice test from sybex. studied for atleast 60 days including the training.

Unfortunately could not clear the exam and scored 630. I experienced 20% of the questions which were covered in Shon Harris or Official CBK which confused me while attempting the same during the exam
    Though i have seeked lots of knowldege but the certificate is yet to be acheived.

CISSP Training improvement Suggestions for simplilearn.
    1. The trainer should provide and share the recent exam experience of his students during the training.
    2. The trainer or Simpli learn should include topics a bit in detail from Official CBK or shon Harris.
    3. The test provided by simpli learn should be close to the Cissp Sybex Online Question set , providing exact look an feel of Cissp Exam. Hotspot questions should be included in the practice test.
    4. Trainer should provide all tips and information about the Cissp New exam pattern and share recent attempt experiences.

Best of Luck for all attempting CISSP Exam.

Regards

Faiz Kazi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2017
  2. venkata kishna r koppir

venkata kishna r koppir Active Member

Thanks for the detailed information. This really helped me to plan my preparation. Was this your second attempt? Was the latest test that you took was on No29th?

3. Faiz Kazi

Faiz Kazi Member

Yes, this was my second attempt on 29th Nov 2017, but unfortunately could not clear. Now CISSP is following CAT process which will have 100-150 questions reducing the time limit upto 3 hrs and reviewing your answer is eliminated in the new exam pattern. The cissp syllaibus will have a minor change by april 2018 . hence it is better to attempt before april 2018.