For Tim: Preparation for March 2018 Exam (5th edition syllabus)

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Muthukumar Muthuvelu, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Muthukumar Muthuvelu

Tim,

I just started preparing from last month mid (Dec), and i am going through the online classes.
    Till now i went though only 4 chapters of Simplilearn material/PmBOK.

What do you suggest me for better preparation to take exams by march with 5th edition Pmbok?
    Can you give me a detailed plan, that i must follow to succeed under your guidance.

2. Mukesh Sahu

Mukesh Sahu Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Muthukumar,

We have forwarded your query to Tim. He will answer to your query within 24 hours.

3. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Hi - thanks for the question. I'll give you a high-level overview, and you can ask specific questions.

Please get through the entire content once - whether it is online, through a live batch of sessions, or both. With this in place...

You should at this point baseline your performance. If this is your first time studying the material, your initial score will be only about 40-70% correct.

You can use our practice exams as a good baseline. They have random questions. For an effective baseline, however, when you go through the questions, please make the experience as real as possible. Afford yourself about 1.2 minutes for each question, and use only paper, pencil, and a standard calculator (6 functions). This will place you in a relatively similar experience as your formal exam.

At this point, spend time reviewing the questions you are getting wrong. Stay active in the forums, and in live sessions, avail yourself to post-session discussions. You will have mastered the questions you got wrong when you know *why* the correct answer is correct, and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. Don't stop until you have this knowledge.

From there on out, for the rest of your preparation, select about 20 to 50 practice questions daily, and drill on them. Perform the same level analysis and discipline on them as you did your baseline. By following this, within about 6 or so weeks, you can be ready to take the exam.

MANY people have prepared quicker. It is up to you to determine your urgency. When you are scoring consistently about 80 to 85% correct, you have enough knowledge to pass the exam. However, you also need to consider that confidence plays a role, and focus does as well.

4. Muthukumar Muthuvelu

Thanks a lot for the detailed guidance, Tim. I am following the classes and also doing revisions for each chapter immediately as iterations (every 2 chapter or 4 chapter together). I will start with practice questions too.
    Great job from you and simplilearn as a whole. Thanks again.

5. AbuSiddik

AbuSiddik Active Member

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot as I have the same question.
    You have told that we need to do simplilearn practice exam? but we have found simulation test in simplilearn syllabus, where we can find those practice exam? can you please send the link or any other link simplilearn have for Q&A.

6. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

There are a couple places you can go for the Simplilearn practice exams.

• You can go through the syllabus tab within your online course (lms.simplilearn.com), and should find practice exams you can use. They are directly after the video recordings you are reviewing.
    • You can also download Simplilearn's PMP Exam Mentor (instructions in this thread). The app is available for Android, Apple, Microsoft devices.