FAQ Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Simplilearn Support' started by Shruti, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shruti

Shruti -

This section will provide answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
    It has been written in such a way to make it easy for everyone to understand and be as search friendly as possible.

It has been divided into sections to make it easier to find the answers you're looking for.
    Click on the links below to go to each section.

This thread will be updated periodically. The information in this FAQ has been compiled from various sources, including questions asked here on Support Forum

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to it, either directly or indirectly.

2. Shruti

Shruti -

Exam & Certification

1. How do I book my exam?
    Once you complete the training, send us an email through Help and Support to get your exam booked.

2. How do I reschedule my exam?
    For ITIL®, PRINCE2®, Six Sigma, and other certification exams, the voucher validity can be extended only once for exceptional cases. So contact us through Help and Support at least 7-8 business days prior of the voucher expiry to reschedule the exam.

3. What is the validity of my exam voucher?
    The details about the exam voucher validity are given below. The delegate has to take the exam before the expiry date to avoid paying re-examination fee.

PEOPLECERT – 1 Year
    EXIN – 1 Year
    CSME – 30 Days
    APMG – 30 Days

4. What happens if I face some technical issues while taking exams?
    You have to contact Examination Institute Service Desk. They will examine the scenario and then decide if you will be allowed to take the exam again or you will have to re-pay for the same.

In case of any power failures or Internet issues, you may try to re-login to the exam. However, the timer will be ticking. If you are unable to re-join before the allotted time gets over, you will be scored on the number of questions answered. We suggest you make necessary arrangements before taking the exam. The details will be available on the mail sent by EI once the exam is booked.

APMG: servicedesk@apmgroupltd.com +44 (0) 1494 452 450
    PEOPLECERT: info@peoplecert.org
    CSME: support@csme.us (248) 937-1846 Ext 0

PEOPLECERT: Use the webform to ask your question. You also have a contact form under the option ‘Create Ticket’, in your Candidate Portal (My Login). More contact details can be found under the menu item 'Contact' in your Portal.

5. What is the process to reevaluate the exam?
    As mentioned in the link, ‘Proctor Now’ exam results cannot be appealed because the review is carried out by two independent teams before reaching the final decision. Due to the volume of exams taken, it is difficult to provide specific details for every candidate, unless they ask for further information. Screenshots are not shared with the candidates.

These are remote exams without any physical proctor; therefore, guidelines have to be followed implicitly. The review and results are based entirely on the footage. Therefore, even if there is a single lapse in review, the results are revoked and it’s not possible to give all the candidates the benefit of doubt based on explanations provided by them. It is extremely important that all aspects are clearly fulfilled to avoid any doubt/ambiguity.

6. My exam has been declared void. What do I need to do to register a complaint?
    You can send your complaint through Help and Support. You will receive your complaint ticket number, using which we can follow up with the Examination Institute. However, as these are remote exams with no invigilator physically present, it is extremely important that all aspects are clearly fulfilled to avoid any doubt/ambiguity.

7. I have received vouchers for the wrong location. What do I do now?
    Please send an email to Help and Support for the correct voucher.

8. I appeared for the exam, but have not received the results yet. What needs to be done?
    Usually the exam result is released by the Examination Institute (EXIN, APMG, CSME, PEOPLECERT) within 10-11 business days. You can check it by logging to your candidate portal. Result and e-certificate will be available on the EI website. In case it is still reflected as Pending, send an email to Help and Support with the following details:

Full Name:
    Exam Date:
    Course Name:
    Candidate ID:
    Exam ID:

9. How is the exam conducted by Simplilearn?
    For Simplilearn courses i.e. Six Sigma, Big Data & Hadoop, and Lean, the examinations are conducted online. The examination link is valid for 7 days under “My Tests” on LMS. You can take the exam at your convenience by pausing or resuming on the course.

For vendor examinations i.e., ITIL®, PRINCE2®, Professional Agile & Scrum, and COBIT® the exams are online webcam proctored. You can take the exam from home or office with the help of a computer, webcam, and good Internet bandwidth. Here are the rules set up by EI for every ProctorU exam:

1 Mbps line is sufficient. However, if there are any network drops detected by the APMG Secure software, then you will not be allowed to take the exam.

You can take the exam anytime within the validity period from the date of booking. Webcam Proctored exam consists of 3 steps:

Step 1 - System Test (Tests Webcam, Audio, Internet Speed)
    Step 2 - Verification (Photo ID, 360 degree room scan etc.)
    Step 3 - Taking the Exam

(Back to the FAQ Main)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    Utkarsh Chaudhari and mlletech like this.
  3. Shruti

Shruti -

Learning Management System (LMS)

1. I am not able to play the content on my mobile/PC.
    You can have issues accessing content if you are using your office system with security settings enabled on it. If not, you can try these steps for addressing your issues -

1. Open IE. Go to Tools > Internet Options.
    2. Switch to the "Advanced" Tab.
    3. Scroll down to the "Multimedia" sub-heading. Make sure the box next to "Play sounds in web pages" is checked. Click "OK". Restart Internet Explorer. Test to see if sounds will now play.
    4. Delete Cookies.
    5. Update the Flash Player.
    6. You can try using a different browser, e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.

If you are using your home network, then try these steps -

1. Delete Cookies.
    2. Update the Flash Player.
    3. You can try using a different browser, e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.

If you still face issues in playing content, you can contact us through Help and Support or chat with us to get an instant solution.

2. My progress is not showing 100% even after going through all chapters.
    Share the error screenshot through Help and Support so that we can fix the issue. In case you are looking for course completion certificate, please share the details with us, so we can do the needful.

3. I paid for the course, but it is still not activated.
    Course is activated immediately from Simplilearn after successful enrollment. In case it is not showing active for your account, you can contact our support team 24/7 through Help and Support for all course activation queries.

4. Do I have to pay for any further extensions for the subscribed course?
    Yes, you have to pay 50% of the total course fee for seeking further extensions for e-learning.

5. Where can I get the downloadable content in LMS?
    You can get the downloadable content in the download center of your LMS Account by following the path given below:
    lms.simplilearn.com → Login using your registered email ID and password → My courses → Download Center.
    For any support-related queries, you can contact our support team 24/7 through Help and Support.

6. I am unable to see my complete test package
    You can see your tests in your LMS account by following the path given below:
    lms.simplilearn.com → Login using your registered email ID and password → My Tests.
    You can find your additional tests in “Explore Free Tests” in the drop down on the right hand corner of the LMS page.

7. I enrolled for a wrong course. How can I swap the course?
    You can swap your course by sending a mail with complete details, like your registered email ID, Order Number, course name, etc., through Help and Support. Our support team will get back to you and share the details required to enroll for the new course.

8. I will not be able to go through the course for some duration. Can I pause the subscription for that period?
    Yes, you can pause the subscription for the desired duration. You have to contact our support team through Help and Support mentioning your details and the period during which your subscription needs to be paused. Please note that you have to contact the support team for reactivation of the course as it is not an automated process.

9. Is it possible to swap the subscribed course with my colleague/friend?
    You have the option of swapping the course with your colleague/friend. For this, you have to send a mail to us through Help and Support mentioning your registered email ID, payment order number, the subscribed course etc. You are also required to provide us with details of the person with whom you wish to swap the course with. On receipt of the request, our support team will get back to you with an update on the processing of the request.

10. Is there any specific duration/time for accessing the content?
    No, there is no specific duration or time for accessing the e-learning content. You can access your e-learning 24/7.

11. How do I retrieve my LMS password?
    You can retrieve your password by sending a mail to our support team through Help and Support. Our team will send you a link and a new password using which you can login to your LMS account and change the password for your account.

12. What is the procedure to access the content after enrollment?
    On successful registration of the course you will receive two confirmation mails from Simplilearn with details of your course package and account activation details. Follow the steps given below to login to your account: Login to lms.simplilearn.com with your registered email ID and password
    Go to “My courses” and get started with your e-learning.

(Back to the FAQ Main)

4. Shruti

Shruti -

Refund/Money Back – Guarantee Policy

1. What is Simplilearn Money Back Guarantee? Is it applicable to all types of training?
    Simplilearn offers Money Back Guarantee, provided one fulfills the given criteria:

• You have to appear for the exam within 30 days of completing the training. If there are no available slots at the nearest training center, or if your application is pending for audit with PMI, then such requests are considered exceptional cases by Simplilearn.
    • You need to score more than 80% in 3 out of 5 simulation tests.
    • If you appear and fail in the exam, Simplilearn will reimburse the re-examination fee.
    We also offer a Money Back Guarantee for the All Access Online course, provided you raise a request with Simplilearn within 7 days of registering for the session, and you should not have attended more than one day of the training session. You may attend any number of sessions in this one day.

2. Can I get refund if I am not comfortable with classroom rescheduled dates?
    You can contact Simplilearn for a refund of the course fee if any event is cancelled and the rescheduled dates do not suit you. In all such scenarios we will refund 100% of the course fee paid by you to Simplilearn.

3. Are any charges deducted from the amount paid while processing refunds?
    We deduct 10% of the total paid fee for all refund requests received for classroom/instructor-led trainings if you contact us 7 days (or more prior) to the session.
    Simplilearn deducts 5% of the total course fee paid towards administrative charges for all online self-learning courses. Refund requests received within 3 days of subscription with the course access will be refunded not exceeding 50%

4. What are the terms and conditions for refund?
    Simplilearn gives you the option to request refund for all types of training enrolled for, in accordance with these set of terms and conditions:

• In case Simplilearn Solutions cancels an event, 100% refund will be paid to the delegate.
    • If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days (or more) prior to the event, 10% of total paid fee will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded to the delegate.
    • If a cancellation is done by a delegate 7 days (or less), prior to the event, no refunds will be made.
    • For Online Training if the cancellation is done by the delegate within 3 days of subscribing, 5% of total paid fee will be deducted as administration fee. If the cancellation is done by the delegate after 3 days of subscribing, no refund will be made. No refund will be made if the delegate approaches Simplilearn after 3 days of course subscription.
    • For all third party courses, 100% refund will be made to delegates if he/she approaches Simplilearn within 3 days of course subscription.
    • For All Access Online Pass, Simplilearn allows refund to the delegates only where the participant has not attended online classes for more than one day, and approaches us within 7 days of registration for the session.
    • For Duplicate Payments refund of the duplicate payment made by the delegate will be processed via the same source (original method of payment) within 5 to 7 working days after intimation by the customer.
    Please note all refund requests will be processed within 30 days of the receipt of requests.

5. Do I get refund if Simplilearn cancels training sessions?
    You are eligible for 100% refund of course fee paid if Simplilearn cancels any event due to some unforeseen event or some unavoidable circumstances.

6. I enrolled for the course today and now I came to know that exam fee is not included in it. Can I get full refund?
    Yes, you are eligible for refund and Simplilearn pays 100% of the course fee paid.

7. I am not happy with the training and want full refund of the course fee paid.
    Simplilearn allows you to request a refund if you are not satisfied with the trainer or the content when you have enrolled for All Access online training and have not attended the sessions for more than one day. For enrollments done under Online Self Learning, you should not have accessed more than 50% of the course content and should come to us within 3 days of subscription to the course.

8. I have issues in playing content of the course and want my money back.
    You can send a request through Help and Support .We shall process a refund for you if the request is within 3 days of subscription to the course and e-learning progress is not more than 50%

9. I ended up paying twice for the same order number. How do I get the refund?
    You can send a mail through Help and Support mentioning clearly the order details. Refund of duplicate payment made will be reimbursed via the same source (original method of payment) within 5 to 7 working days after intimation from your side.

10. There is a fraudulent payment on my card, and I want the fee it to be refunded.
    For any fraudulent payments, you can contact us through Help and Support mentioning payment date, transaction Id/payment order number, amount paid, and contact number. We shall get back to you after investigating and receiving update from our finance team. Meanwhile, we request you to immediately block your card and contact your Bank for further information and action.

(Back to the FAQ Main)

5. Shruti

Shruti -

User Experience

1. How do I get my payment invoice?
    You can find the invoice on LMS under the following path:

lms.simplilearn.com -->Click on circle available on right hand side of page → View Invoice → Select Order No → Submit.

In case of any discrepancies, contact us through Help and Support with proper details to send you the manual invoice.

2. How do I get my course completion or PDU certificate?
    Once you login to LMS, you will get an option “Get Your Certificate” on the bottom of the page. Click on “Request Certificate” tab. Select the courses for which you want certificates and provide the details as it should appear on the Certificate. You will receive the soft copy of the certificate within 24-48 business hours.

3. What is the process for referring a candidate to Simplilearn?
    Once you login to LMS, you will get an option as “Know someone who would like this course?” or visit our Refer & Earn website (click here) , refer your friends and get eligible for refer & earn voucher upto 5000 INR / $ 100 per referral”. From the day your referral enrolls for the course, it will take 20-21 business days for our team to get the confirmation and share the Amazon voucher.

4. Can I try the sample tests before registering for the program?
    Yes, you can try our demo content as well as practice test from our website before enrolling for the course. You need to login to our website and register yourself. Then login to lms.simplilearn.com using your registered credential and access the demo test/content under “More”.

5. Who do I contact when facing issues while enrolling for the course?
    Please try this basic trouble shooting:

• Request you to delete cookies & caches from the web browser setting and try using some other updated browser i.e., Google Chrome 43.
    • You might be facing such issues due to security settings i.e., Firewall or pop up blocker etc. We suggest you to use your personal computer.
    In case you still face the same problem, please send the screenshot through Help and Support.

6. Who do I contact for recordings of LVC session attended?
    Please send an email to getcertified@simplilearn.com with your request. Our team will send you the link for recorded session of the batch you attended within 48 business hours.

7. The quality of recordings received is not good. Can I get new recordings?
    Usually, the recorded sessions are shared by the trainer after training. However, write an email to getcertified@simplilearn.com with the request for new recorded sessions. We will share it with you if it is available with us.

8. Do I get a hard copy of EI/ PDU/ Training completion certificate?
    We have discontinued providing hard copy of the PDUs/ Training completion certificate.

However, for the EI related certificate (APMG/CSME/EXIN/PEOPLECERT) ITIL® Foundation, PRINCE2®, COBIT® etc., you have to pay USD 40 to Examination Institute (APMG/CSME/EXIN/PEOPLECERT) and send your request to them for hard copy of the certificate.

(Back to the FAQ Main)

Felix k(4613) likes this.
  6. Shruti

Shruti -

Course Content

1. Can I get trainer assistance on queries related to topics for Online Self Learning course after enrollment?
    Once you login to LMS, you have an option to share your query via messaging on the right. As these queries need to be addressed by our trainer and SME, we need at least 3-4 business days to answer your questions.

2. Is there any difference between classroom and online training material?
    Study materials will be the same for both classroom and online training.

3. Is Simplilearn content aligned with the latest version of PMBOK, BABOK, and (ISC)2 etc.?
    Yes, our content is aligned with the latest version of PMBOK, BABOK and (ISC)2.

4. Do I get a hard copy of the study material on enrolling for the course?
    Currently, we have discontinued providing hard copies of the study materials. However, the PDF content available on LMS under “Download Center” can be used for offline reference.

5. What certifications will be covered in All Access Online Classroom Pass?
    You can access 25+ certification courses for 90 days multiple times with this package. Certification exam is not included. You have to pay the examination fee separately. Kindly send an email to us through Help and Support for more details.

6. Contents in the eBook are missing/incomplete information provided in the eBook.
    eBooks consist of summaries covered in the audio-video chapters for offline reference. However, in case there are any discrepancies, errors, or typos, we request you to share your feedback/suggestions with us through Help and Support

7. What is the process for VMware Hadoop installation?
    We have given a VM instruction and guide in LMS under “Download Center”, which the learners can download. The VM has Ubuntu server and Hadoop pre-installed. The learners can learn from the course, and then use this VM to practice the features in real time.

8. Are the questions covered in Simplilearn Simulation tests and main exams similar?
    Yes, the questions covered in Simplilearn Simulation tests will be almost similar and will help you get an idea about the question pattern. We suggest our participants to go through the practice tests and score at least 80% to be prepared.

9. Whom should I contact to give feedback regarding content correction/update?
    You can always reach us through Help and Support with proper details or screenshots of the issues where corrections are required, so we can check with our content team and get it rectified.

10. How do I get my project reviewed to get a functional certificate for Six Sigma?
    For Six Sigma Black Belt, you have to send us your quality domain related projects through Help and Support to get it reviewed by our trainer. Once it is approved, we will share the functional certificate.

(Back to the FAQ Main)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.