Hi. Any one started recently to study ? Have sched...

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Prashant Raturi, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Prashant Raturi

Hi. Any one started recently to study ? Have scheduled exam for March 22 today. Have recently unlocked Simplilearn certificate and read through Headfirst. Now moving onto PMBOK.

2. Prashant Raturi

Good. Since I started late, I was in a fix whether to extend studying plan for 4-6 months. I pushed myself to study daily for just 2-3 weeks and now I think another 45 days should be enough to appear for exam. Beyond that I may start forgetting/losing motivation. Now targetting 200 practice questions every week till exam. We can discuss doubts/tips here. Others plz participate as well, will help us all.

3. _8598

_8598 Member

Hi Prashant. I am planning to take the same date. Can you email me at mayafull28@gmail.com? I have materials I can share. Also would like to ask you some query. Thanks.

4. Prashant Raturi

5. Aws Nabeel Shehab

I sit for exam in 24 Dec i faild for the first try, i search for online training then start with simplilearn i found that i miss a lot of connections between chapters i have read rita book pm book but still need expirence in stiuation questions. Study well and pay attention to all details do not neglect or pass a sentence without understandin the meaning or where you will use it in your project.

6. Piyush Nahar

Piyush Nahar Member

Prashant Pls mail me details on "Piuy20@yahoo.co.in".

7. Priyamwada

Priyamwada Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Thank you for the valuable insight.

Happy Learning!
    Priyamwada Singh - Global Teaching Assistant

Aws Nabeel Shehab likes this.
  8. Prashant Raturi

Thought to post a quiz from exam's point of view - do you know the difference between triangulation and beta estimation ? Others can do the same

9. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Triangulation is a term used to a standard average (mean) - taking 3 data points and dividing by their number (3). The term 'beta' is the statistics term for our PERT estimate - the weighted 3-point estimate. This inserts the concept that the Most Likely estimate has a greater chance of occurring than either of the extremes (P+(4*ML)+O)/6. We divide by 6 here, because that is the count of the individual data points.

10. _19820

_19820 Member

Hello, could you please tell me where you are finding practice questions? I understood that Simplilearn had an app for that, outside the chapter and e-book questions. Thanks for any help.

11. Prashant Raturi

There are tonnes of practice questions on net. I think with just one month to go, focus should be on quality of questions. I think Simplilearn 5 sample tests are great. Also Oliver Lehman's 75 online + 175 pdf questions are good. PM Study's free sample test is of good quality as well.

12. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

There are a series of practice exams - each one has 200 questions. That's a start. There are also some material in our pdfs, including another practice exam.

Regards,