Hi In trying to complete the GAnalytics project i...

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Christiana Domingos, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Christiana Domingos

Customer

Hi
    In trying to complete the GAnalytics project in class today, I could not proceed proceed. I have a GA account from 3 years ago for a project and not used since. It lists the account but I cannot access it. It just simply opens to a blank page and nothing! I need assistance with how to proceed.
    When I went to Google webmaster, I also get the message: “Google Analytics web property: link has been removed from the site”
    I have access/total control of the website. And I don’t mind scrapping everything but my concern is that even if I did that, I still cannot get into GA. I can’t find the GA codes I generated 3 years ago but the I have the code ID.
    How do I delete old Google Analytics sites from my Google Analytics account, so I can proceed with my assignment?
    Thank you so much!

2. Neha Jain_1

Neha Jain_1 Learning Consultant
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support

Hi Christiana,

That's because your Website would have been deactivated.

You need to add another website to get the GA code.

You may delete the previous site details by visiting the Admin section. Please follow the below steps:

ou need Edit permission to move an account to the Trash Can. Moving an account to the Trash Can also moves all component properties and views to the Trash Can. To move an Analytics account to the Trash Can:
    1. Remove the Analytics tracking code from all your web pages or from your app.
    2. Sign in to Google Analytics..
    3. Click Admin.
    4. In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account you want to delete.
    5. In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
    6. Click Move account to Trash Can.
    Everyone with Manage Users permission then receives an email notifying them that the account has been marked for deletion.