How to migrate Azure config from one subscription to another (trial) ?

Discussion in 'Masters Program - Customers only' started by Muhammed Fazal Baig, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Muhammed Fazal Baig

Alumni

Hello Everyone,

(Sub : Azure Subscription Expiring - saving lab config)

My Azure trial subscription is expiring and i do not want my lab-configuration to be lost. I guess the only way to continue using it is to create another trial account and somehow export this old config to the new subscription.

The source that I found is :

(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-group-move-resources)
    This looks complicated.

Can you help me achieve this, please ?

Note : The training classes for my course is over weekends only. That means i can only cover 5 or 6 classes every month and do the hands-ON labs. But my Azure trial subscription is valid for ONE MONTH ONLY.

Does that mean I have to keep creating multiple accounts everytime my trial is about to expire ?
    Thats inappropriate, isn't it ?

Regards
    Fazal

2. Akansha Chaurasia

Akansha Chaurasia Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

The services that currently do not support moving are:
    • Application Gateway
    • Application Insights
    • Express Route
    • Recovery Services vault - also do not move the Compute, Network, and Storage resources associated with the Recovery Services vault.
    • Virtual Machines Scale Sets
    • Virtual Networks (classic)
    • VPN Gateway
    But simply put if you open the resource group of what you want to move, then go to the EDIT subscription link. You can edit the subscription name. Within the resource group it tells you what you CAN and CANNOT move.
    or
    If you are struggling to Migrate services you can also create a support ticket
    To migrate data or move subscriptions between different Microsoft Accounts, follow these steps:
    1. Go to Azure support site
    2. Click on “Get Support”
    3. Select “Billing” for support type:
    4. Select migrate a subscription or data, go with the option “Subscription transfer and Migrations”
    5. In the Category, you can be more specific with your request
    6. On the final page, enter contact information

Once you submit the ticket, a representative from the Azure Support team will be in touch via Email or Phone to confirm the details with you.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    Muhammed Fazal Baig likes this.
  3. Muhammed Fazal Baig

Alumni

Thank you for the detailed information, Akansha
    Certainly, I will follow the steps and revert.

Appreciate your assistance.

Regards
    Fazal