I didn't really get the use of the call back. Is i...

Discussion in 'Web App and Programming' started by Jeffrey_22, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Jeffrey_22

Jeffrey_22 Member

I didn't really get the use of the call back. Is it to merely return a value? from inside nested functions?

2. Rakesh Deshpande

Rakesh Deshpande Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hello Jeffrey,

Call back functions are especially used to import or add few other functionalities in-directly in the program space. If you have used the Key Word Return at the end of the method or fuction then you can expect a return value. If this doesn't help then kindly share us your code so that we can help you further.

3. Nathan Thomas

Nathan Thomas Member

Yes, he doesn't explain what callbacks do, or how they are used. In this module, he is doing that a lot. Just plowing through with no empathy toward the target audience.

4. Ravi_304

Ravi_304 New Member

Hello Jeffrey,

A callback function can be used mainly for checking the pre-requisites for an activity. For example: If you are not connected to the internet and when you open any browser, it doesn't load any website. It tells you immediately that your internet connection is bad or your internet connection is not available.

This can be called as a pre-check for your activity to run. In Java, it is called anonymous class. It is also used in Android.

I hope you this solves your doubt. Feel free to reach us if you have any other doubt.

Thank You,
    Ravi Tulsiani