Need help in Project Completion: Attrition Analysis

Discussion in 'Masters Program - Customers only' started by Debajyoti Das_1, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Debajyoti Das_1

Alumni

Hi,

I am enrolled for the Masters in Data Science Program.

I have started working on the project Attrition Analysis based on SAS, for the Data Science with SAS course.

I am not able to make much progress on the same. I am following the instructions mentioned in the 'Analysis' section. I have done the FREQUENCY analysis of the dataset, but I am not sure what kind of descriptive statistics is required on the dataset. Do we need to do a histogram plot for the given dataset?

Also, after doing the logistic regression, I am stuck at how to find the Max & Min values of the probability of churn. The analysis asks us to create a new dataset with the sum of all the "churned" employees above the cut-off. I am at a complete loss as to how to achieve the same. Please advise.

I am attaching the code that I have written so far.

Attached Files:

2. Jitu Moni Das

Jitu Moni Das Member
    Alumni

how to find the Max & Min values of the probability of churn.--- Use PROC FREQ as it will give the max and minimum values of the employees left out.

3. Debajyoti Das_1

Alumni

Hi,
    Thanks for your revert. I have already used PROC FREQUENCY in the 2nd step itself, and then I have used PROC CORR for Descriptive Analytics. Finally I have used PROC LOGISTIC for logistic regression.

Do I need to use PROC FREQ on top of the data output of PROC LOGISTIC?

On the initial use of PROC FREQ, it returned me the number of employees who have left or have been retained, based on the RETAIN_INDICATOR parameter, as 22 & 28 respectively.

How to determine the MAX & MIN values of the probability of churn, I am still not sure. I have also attached my progress so far. Can you please guide further?

Code:
    FILENAME REFFILE '/folders/myfolders/Data Science SAS/Attrition Analysis.xlsx';

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE
        DBMS=XLSX
        OUT=WORK.Attrition;
        GETNAMES=YES;
    RUN;

PROC SORT DATA=Attrition;
        BY Retain_Indicator;
    RUN;

PROC FREQ DATA=Attrition;
        TABLE Retain_Indicator;
    RUN;

ODS GRAPHICS ON;
    PROC CORR DATA=Attrition PLOTS=MATRIX(HISTOGRAM);
        VAR Retain_Indicator Relocation_Indicator Sex_Indicator Marital_Status;
    RUN;
    ODS GRAPHICS OFF;

PROC LOGISTIC DATA=Attrition;
        MODEL Retain_Indicator = Relocation_Indicator Sex_Indicator Marital_Status;
    RUN;

4. Nidhi_52

Nidhi_52 New Member

i am facing similar problems. i have also carried out the same codes for frequency which i believe is the descriptive statistics they want . The problem is they are asking for maximum and minimum probabilities and asking us to create a dataset for it. plus in the logistic regression i find that all my independent variables have a probability value greater than 5% hence i am at a loss at what to report.

5. Debajyoti Das_1

Alumni

Precisely. The same dilemma here.
    1. All variables have probability value greater than 5%
    2. How to obtain the Max & Min values of the probability of churn

6. Nikhil Kamath_1

Alumni

Hi,

I am stuck here too! All the significant variables have a P value greater than 5% and I am unable to reach a conclusion for the regaression, and the last couple of questions seem very unfamiliar. Please can someone help out here??

7. Niwas Kumar

Niwas Kumar Member
    Alumni

Thats correct, even if you reduce model the p value indicates no relation between predictor and term. Therefore either the data supplied is wrong or we need to report what comes out ( i.e no significant relationship between predictor and terms) . On small data set with 50 observations do we need to create test and train samples and then test the model on train ? I tried doing that but again p value comes to accept H0

8. Ushdeep Singh

Ushdeep Singh Member
    Alumni

Hello, All

Is there any progress here with Attrition Analysis Project. I am stuck here too in Proc Logistics as there are no significant variables

9. Priyanka_Mehta

Priyanka_Mehta Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

10. Priyanka_Mehta

Priyanka_Mehta Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

11. Divya Vellanki

Hi ,

Can someone help me out with what needs to be done if all the independent variables are insginificant? The webex recording doesn't cover this part.

12. _20103

_20103 Member
    Alumni

Hi Priyanka,

Both links are not working

13. _20103

_20103 Member
    Alumni

Hi Priyanka,

I am struck to find the below step.kindly advise.
    The analysis asks us to create a new dataset with the sum of all the "churned" employees above the cut-off