Passed CISSP 30th March 2018

Discussion in 'CISA/CISM/CISSP' started by Atul Thukrul, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Atul Thukrul

Atul Thukrul Member

Hi,

I passed my CISSP exam today.Thanks Simplilearn.

Thanks Saaz, your inputs really helped.

Atul

_19667 likes this.
  2. _19667

_19667 Member
    Alumni

Congratulations !!!! Any suggestions on the type of preparations you did; what reference books you used etc. I plan to appear for the exams soon. Thank you in advance.

3. Atul Thukrul

Atul Thukrul Member

I referred below 2 Book for my Exam.

1. CISSP official Study guide, 7th Edition - Mike Chappel & Darril Gibson
    2. Shon Harris

Book 1 was my primary Book and the second one was a reference book but had to go through the book end to end once.

Apart from this i refered the videos on You tube for clarification on topics.

I gave close to 4000 question from the CISSP official guide - Each chapter had 100 Question and 2 Mock Exams with 250 Question each + question from a CD received with the book (Shon Harris) & questions from internet . Though I gave the exam in new format.

Practice questions and the actual exam question are different but practice question will really help the flow.

You need to be very careful about your timings during the exam, since we only have 3 hours which I utilized completed as I finished the exam only a minute to Go, though some other people may finish it earlier too..

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. lepatej

lepatej Member

Congratulations Atul Thukrul.

It seems like simplilearn was of no use in your success with CISSP

5. Atul Thukrul

Atul Thukrul Member

Guidance of the trainer (Saaz) from Simplilearn did help me a lot during preparation which i had already mentioned in my first Post, I gained confidence only after scoring 80% or more in the 3 tests which are part of the course....

6. lepatej

lepatej Member

Thanx a lot Atul the clarification. i really appreciate it.

One simplilearn senior learning consultant who convinced me to buy their product claims that their product alone is enough for me to clear the CISSP and that I did not need to invest in any other CISSP materials.

What's your opinion?

7. Atul Thukrul

Atul Thukrul Member

You may refer any material you are comfortable with, at the end you must know the concept thoroughly before you attempt the exam.
    Since all the books will refer to the same thing some more deeply or the otherwise..
    Frankly speaking I didn't used any material from Simplilearn, though I cleared my doubts during the sessions and the trainer was equally up to it..

One thing that I experienced during my exam was, you must really manage your time well in the new CAT format recently introduced since I didnt find any mock exam which might have helped me, may be it was new start and soon many such exam will be available...soon.

8. Venkat_50

Venkat_50 Member

Hi,
    Congrats for clearing the exam.

Can you please let me know how much time(or months) you preapared for the CISSP exam?

9. Atul Thukrul

Atul Thukrul Member

It almost took 8-9 months of preparation...with minimum of an hours initially and then increasing it as you approach the exam.