practice exam 2 question confusion

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _6801, Jul 14, 2017.

1. _6801

_6801 Active Member

Hi, I had this question and it really confused me. With these questions assumptions have to be made, my assumption here would be that the technical officer in China would speak Chinese. If the person is French wouldn't it just make sense that they would communicate in French?

Thanks for any insight see below,

A CEO from his Paris office wishes to communicate with the technical officer in China. What would be the correct procedure?
    A. The CEO will encode the message from French to Chinese, and the technical officer will decode it from Chinese to French
    B. The CEO will decode the message from French to Chinese, and the technical staff will encode it from Chinese to French
    C. The CEO will encode the message from Chinese to French, and the technical staff will decode it from French to Chinese
    D. The CEO will decode the message from French to Chinese, and the technical staff will encode it from French to Chinese
    Correct Option: A

EXPLANATION

The CEO will encode the message from French to Chinese, and the technical officer will decode it from Chinese to French. Each message is encoded by the sender and decoded by the receiver based on the receiver's education, language, experience, and culture. For more information, refer to Project Communication Management, pg. 293, PMBOKĀ® Guide Fifth Edition.

2. Krishnakumar Kuppusamy(4034)

Trainer

Hi, here there is no need for any assumption.

The correct procedure would be that when you communicate to other person, you should communicate the language the other person can receive and decode that message appropriately. Hence in this case, CEO from Paris decodes from French to Chinese.

Hope this clarifies.