Share Your PMP Success Story!

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Shruti, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Dhananjay_3

Dhananjay_3 New Member
    Alumni

Hello Group Admin/ Members,

Have appeared and cleared PMP Exam on 26th December, Glad to share that scoring was "Target" for Planning and "Above Target" for rest of the domain. Special Thanks to KK (Coach of online training) and all Simplilearn team to build the foundation.

Had started in month of September with a thought process to repeat the classes/training but first session gave me enough background to do self study and prepare to appear for the exam.

Have gone through multiple books, online tutorials, Mobile app for accessing anytime (Considering working schedule), attempted multiple question banks and browsed for confusing topics over the internet.

My suggestion to PMP aspirants follow one particular book and attempt minimum of 2k-2.5k questions before registering for the exam.

All the very best !!

Regards,
    DJ

Priyamwada likes this.
  2. Priyamwada

Priyamwada Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Many Congratulations on being PMI Certified !
    We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

Regards,
    Priyamwada Singh
    GTA - PMP

3. NITIN CHANDRA BHARDWAJ

Hi,

PMP exam seemed to be test of i) your understanding of the subject and ii) logical/reasoning ability and iii) English/reading comprehension

Cleared the exam on 12th Dec 2017. Out of 5 areas, got "Above target" in 4, and "on target" in 1.

What worked- a 2 month plan...out of which last 10 days was only revision!!

1. Simplilearn material is a well-simplified summary...went through it thoroughly. Took all simulation tests ..no external simulation tests undertaken
    2. PMP Headfirst - read thrice....underlined/circled and memorized important stuff....took all questions
    3. RIta Mulcahy (akin to Bible of PMP)....went over it thrice....and took advise/tips seriously...Practised formulae till comfort level was reached...Took TIPS and TRICKS OF THE TRADE seriously with Rita Mulcahy's book...and went through all tests, esp. understood WHY AN OPTION was incorrect...It worked well, esp.ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM

Didn't read pmbok....which really didn't impact one bit...in my case. Although, one should perhaps go through it atleast once.

Once this was in place, revised the stuff....and ON THE DAY OF EXAM, ON EACH AND EVERY QUESTION, progressed PATIENTLY and WITHOUT PANIC!

Applied whatever I learnt in headfirst, Rita Mulcahy....on the DAY OF THE EXAM.

Towards the end of the exam, felt that once understanding is in place, its more of a "test of reasoning and english"!

Best wishes to one and all...
    NCB

Priyamwada likes this.
  4. Priyamwada

Priyamwada Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Many Congratulations on being PMI Certified !
    We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

Happy Learning!
    Priyamwada Singh - Global Teaching Assistant