SIMPLILEARN Community Guidelines - Project Guidance

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Sweety Shimal, Mar 6, 2018.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. May be

14.3%
  1. Sweety Shimal

Sweety Shimal GTA @Simplilearn - Digital Marketing
    Simplilearn Support

Hey there,

At first, Welcome on board if you’re new to this community! ;)

The Simplilearn Community is an online space built exclusively for our Simplilearn family. This is the best place to catch up with all the additional information related to your Course. Visit Community to continue the learning from LMS (Learning Management System), Search for popular FAQs, Raise queries, Answer queries, share your brilliant ideas with other subject enthusiasts. In short, have fun learning from & educating others. To help you quickly adapt to our Community, we've prepared a post to help guide you along.

[Basics] – Easy Communication
    1. Exploring is the word for anyone who's starter here! Take a quick look around the various segments of this community, and learn how this community is organized.
    2. Search function is your best friend here. (Do this if you want to be liked!) - Before posting your question, Search first.
    3. Look for threads you are interested in, and feel free to friendly chat about the ongoing topic. Join the conversation, use 'watch thread' functionality to get email follow-ups.
    4. Ensure to post your threads in the relevant Category, with informative thread title and content. (No ADs/ branding allowed.)
    5. If you have statutory constructive feedback, please feel free to post in the Community forum.
    [Advanced] – Exchange Knowledge in every corner of the Community.
    1. Level up your member status by being active on Community. Be aware of the monthly contests and gain points & rewards.
    2. Conduct Polls by adding options: This will help you mass connect & survey the data received.
    3. Build your network! One best feature of any Community is that it allows you to connect to people who are not only from same background, but has same mind-set.
    [Segmentation] -- How the Community is Segmented?
    1. Certification & Training Discussion - The section is divided category-wise where in you can find all the latest ongoing discussions over the topics from your course.
    2. Support Forum - The Support section covers On-Demand topics.
    3. General Forum - The General section comprises of all the General queries related to the Course, Projects, Certificate, and many others.

Thanks for being the part of Community. Your presence would make it more enjoyable for everyone. Have fun Exchanging Knowledge!

2. _25927

_25927 Member

3. _27482

_27482 New Member

Hi Sweety,

I had attended the stukent simulation Class on 12th Apr 2018. Wanted to know when will we get the recorded session of the class.

Regards,
    Nidhi

Loretta_3 likes this.
  4. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

Hey Nidhi,

Please check your email. I have re-sent the recording link to all the attendees.

5. _28331

_28331 Member

Hi , what is available after the class and certification is done? I would like to practice by doing more than 1 project - possible? timing? access to forums for how long? and can good articles offered in Forum be available in PDf so we can keep them? thanks

6. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

Hey Michele,

Once you are done with all the criteria that are required to be met as part of your Course, you can start implementing the learning on real-time assignments. The Course prepares you to deal with the real-world scenarios and it is all about your channelize the learning wherever required.

Yes, the ideal way of learning would be to start with Stukent Simulation Lab, and moving to working on the Real-Time Projects. Under the Project tab in LMS, you have 4 sections wherein you can submit your work for review (Project 1 - Project 4).

From Certificate stand-point, you are just required to work on 1 Project. In case you are willing to work on more, you can work on the same in your own time. There's no deadline for the other projects. However, make sure you keep the number of access days left for the course in mind.

You have lifetime access to forum.

The articles on Forum are not available for download. However, if you wish to download resources concerning your Course, Please visit the below link.
    https://www.simplilearn.com/resources/digital-marketing

7. _27998

_27998 Member

Hello Sweety,

Quick question regarding this. I completed 5 rounds in the Stukent simulation and will probably continue. I was just wondering how long it takes for the work I did it Mimic Pro to count toward the course completion in Simplilearn. I would like to update on my progress to my team at my job.

Thank you,
    Benjamin

8. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

Benjamin,

Working on Stukent on the first 5 Rounds will cost you 5 hours of time roughly.

This calculation excludes the research & formulation work that you have to do as part of the Project. It completely depends on how good you are at formalizing the buyer personas for the product and analysing the results from previous rounds.

You can report it to be 5 hours + research hours.

9. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

AN UPDATE WE ALL SHOULD BE AWARE OF

PROJECTS - What & How?

As part of Digital Marketing Certified Associate Course, there are 2 modes available to work on Projects. You can work on either of the below:

1. Stukent Mimic Pro Simulation Lab (Mandatory)
    2. Real Time Project (Optional)

#1. Stukent

What is Stukent?
    Stukent Mimic Pro is a Digital Marketing Simulation Lab which lets you practice working on ad campaigns, email campaigns and a lot more.
    There are 10 Rounds in Stukent in total with $5000 budget allotted for each of the Round i.e., (10 x $5000) = $50,000 budget in total
    From Certification standpoint, one requires to work on just first 3 Rounds.

You are taught on the first 2 Rounds by your trainer and TA and are finally judged on your performance on Round 3.

There is a hypothetical situation in place in the very first round, stating the following details to help you kickstart:
    Company Name: Kent's Camera Castle, a camera company who was successful building their empire in the local market. However, it is looking to make a solid online presence.
    Your hypothetical Role: Digital Marketing Manager, revamp the existing digital marketing strategy in place.
    The Products that you have to start with:
    1. Go Pro Hero 4
    2. Canon Rebel t6i
    3. Panasonic Lumix

Round 1

The Round expects you to start with creation of an ad campaign. You get to cover all the elements of it including Selection of a product, Buyer Persona Creation, Keyword Research, Ads creation and a few more. You then also get to work on the creation of an Email Campaign from scratch.

Round 2
    This Round focuses on the creation of Landing Pages keeping in mind our buyer persona and the ad created to target.

Round 3
    This is the judgement Round.

In Round 3, we iterate all the steps that we have covered in the first 2 Rounds.
    This Round focuses on the most important aspect of the Digital Marketing domain as a whole i.e., Analysis. One requires to strengthen their analytical skills and use the insights gained to improve the last worked rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 REAL-TIME PROJECT

There are 4 LMS projects. You are required to work on 1 out of 4 available Projects. Based on your interest and understanding, make the selection to work on it. Find the Documentation explaining the problem statement for the respective Projects under the Learning Tools -> Downloads -> Projects

Project 1: Getting Ready for Market
    Project 2: Driving Relevant Traffic
    Project 3: Brand Visibility & Engagement
    Project 4: Content Marketing

10. _27998

_27998 Member

Ok. I understand that and I completed those 5 rounds. At what point does this transfer as "completed" as far as satisfying requirements for the DMCA course completion?

11. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

There are 3 criteria that needs to be completed for the DMCA Course completion: (you may find the track under the Certificate section of your Course)

1) Either Complete 85% Course Or, Attend 1 Class
    2) Complete 1 Project
    3) Complete 1 Simulation Test

Once you have met all the requirements, your Certificate would be automatically released and you may proceed to the next Advanced Courses, if any.

Hope I have answered.

12. _19151

_19151 Member

Hello,

I have completed my online batches and 5 rounds of Stukent. I have applied for advanced digital marketing course, can you please help me understand what should be my next steps.

Thanks

13. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

Hi Sonu,

Once completed the Course and the Project, You are required to complete the Simulation Test.

Please check below:

14. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT

Steps to Submit the Project worked on Stukent Simulation Lab:
    1. Goto Stukent
    2. Goto Mimic Pro Lab
    3. Select 'Jump To' from the top Dashboard
    upload_2018-5-26_16-19-30.png
    4. Select 'Results Summary'
    5. From the Drop-down Box at the top, Select the respective Round number to display the Results Summary
    upload_2018-5-26_16-20-44.png
    6. Grab the screenshots of the Impact section
    upload_2018-5-26_16-21-40.png

NOTE: Just snip the 'Impact' section i.e., 1 screenshot per Round.

3 Rounds equals 3 snips in total.

Next Steps:
    4. Create a Document and Paste all the 3 snips
    5. Explain your understanding in bulleted points for each Round
    6. Goto LMS https://lms.simplilearn.com
    7. Login using your Credentials
    8. Select My Courses -> Select DMCA (Digital Marketing Certified Associate)
    9. Select Projects from left panel -> Project 1
    10. Submit the created Document in both Write-up & Screenshots section

The Teaching Assistant will evaluate your Project and revert with the feedback within the next 24 - 48 business hours.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  15. Yvette_B

Yvette_B Member
    Alumni

Hi Sweety,
    Is this post still relevant? I believe this post contains incorrect information since you posted an update to it. If this post is no longer relevant, could you please delete. It'll just add to confusion.
    Thanks,
    Yvette

16. Yvette_B

Yvette_B Member
    Alumni

Hi Sweety,
    It looks like there's contradictory information on your post. On one hand you say in the beginning of your post that the "Real Time Project" is optional. Then, at the bottom of your post you say that the Real Time Project is a requirement (you even put it in bold), "You are required to work on 1 out of 4 available Projects." Which is it???

Could you please edit your post to make it very clear for whom the Real Time Project is optional and to whom it's a requirement? Many thanks!

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  17. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

Hey Yvette,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

I agree that post could have created a sense of confusion here.

Do not worry, I have deleted the thread.

18. Sweety Shimal

Simplilearn Support

A lot of People though taking Online Flexi-Pass Training, still wish to work on the Real-Time Project, and hence we give out the information on the same as well.

We put forward a notice post recursive discussion with our team.

19. _25708

_25708 New Member

Can you send me a link to this class as well?