Study Tips to Pass the CISA Exam

Discussion in 'CISA/CISM/CISSP' started by LeiLani Faith, Jan 7, 2015.

1. LeiLani Faith

LeiLani Faith Member

For all of us who have passed the CISA exam, I think it would be a good idea to to share tips for students who are currently studying to pass the exam.

My best tip would be to study the CISA Manual (CRM) provided by the ISACA as it provides a good framework for the knowledge covered on the actual exam. This guide helps define roles and responsibilities of the information systems auditor. A thorough review of the guide will be essential to passing the CISA exam and very useful for anyone involved in a self study program or simply as a review.

Please give tips on passing the CISA exam for an exam candidate.

2. Hunter Burns

Hunter Burns Member

Review the test bank questions thoroughly and participate in multiple practice and mock exams to familiarize yourself with the language that will be used on the actual test. Often, taking a practice exam will make you feel more comfortable. And, when it comes time to take the real exam, that test will be just like any other you have taken before and you won't be so nervous. If you miss a test on the practice exam, be sure to thoroughly review that section in your study guide to find out what you have overlooked.

Imtiaz Hossain and Ramya_3 like this.
  3. Fisher Owens

Fisher Owens Member

The CISA exam is specifically designed to test a person's knowledge of real world concepts. To pass the CISA exam, you should have real world experience in business processes, audit scope definition and audit planning as well as industry reporting. All these things can only be learned on the job, not just through a study guide.

Tuba, Imtiaz Hossain and Ramya_3 like this.
  4. Mona Leigh

Mona Leigh Member

Before you start your course of study, you should know what you are expected to understand and which subjects you will likely be tested on in the exam. You will need to thoroughly understand the concepts of risks, security, control and audit as related to information systems.

Imtiaz Hossain likes this.
  5. Jain

Jain Member

It will be well worth your time to join the CISA study community as you will find many knowledgeable people there who can help answer your questions.

http://www.isaca.org/Groups/Professional-English/cisa-exam-study-community-2013/Pages/Overview.aspx

There you will have access to the wisdom and help of chapter certification coordinators as well as CISA members who have previously taken the exam.

The study community is filled with members who can help you by providing useful tips as well as study methods for passing the CISA exam.

6. Charlotte Jenkins

Joining a CISA forum is very helpful, especially on LinkedIn as you are likely to find an experienced 'study buddy' who can go over unfamiliar concepts with you and help you to understand what is going on. Often, it helps to have a fresh pair of eyes looking at an issue when it comes to study as that person is likely to have a different point of view on what's being said. Other than reading all that was mentioned before and studying all guides provided by Simplilearn as you can, I would suggest the forums as a base of operation. There you will learn so much.

7. Imtiaz Hossain

I have a dumps from pass4sure (purchased from online at 09/11/2015) which consist 1177 questions. They confirmed me that it will 100% confirmation to pass the exam. That means the question will common with this dump. Is it helpful for pass the exam ? Is any body help me ? I will sit for exam on jun 2016.

8. william bailey(1227)

william bailey(1227) Active Member
    Trainer

ISACA's certifications (CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC) are revised every year and test the real-world application of the best practices. That means that you have to apply ISACA's best practices to real-world scenario. There's a mindset to be in - the ISACA way. Studying practice questions can help reinforce the knowledge of the best practices, but without understanding fully the "why" an answer is what it is, completing thousands of questions will not prepare you like attending a class (such as Simplilearn) can do.

9. Imtiaz Hossain

Thanks william baliley for your nice advice.

10. Ajit_21

Ajit_21 New Member
    Trainer

CISA All in one Guide by Peter Gregory is better than CISA review Manual. This book is fully designed on CISA knowledge and task statement and very easy to read.Peter Gregory along with question Answers practice will help you in clearing the exam. Please remember there is no shortcut to success. You require 3 months of hardwork to clear the exam

11. Vids

Vids Member

I have been preparing for CISM and I had difficulty in scheduling my studies and managing everything on my own. I needed a friend to study with and I found just that on Studypal. It worked out well for me. I hope this information helps whoever is looking for a buddy in the same city to study with.