What do I do after Big Data?

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Rohan_57, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Rohan_57

Rohan_57 Member

I have finished my Big Data Hadoop Developer - what should I do next?

2. Rohan_57

Rohan_57 Member

Hi Guys,
    I have finished my course on 10th September - I was just wondering if anyone could guide me what to do next?

3. Nikhil_939

Nikhil_939 New Member

Hey Rohan,

Just getting to know better, what are you looking for exactly?

4. Ipsita Mohanty

Hi Rohan,
    Since you are a student of the same course..
    I am referring to the 1.25 module of the course where i am supposed to setup the VM.
    But where could i download the Simplilearn provided VM please?

5. Lucky Jindal

Lucky Jindal Member

HI Ipshita,
    These are the links -
    https://downloads.cloudera.com/demo...box.zip?_ga=1.129811404.1380025119.1478119386
    https://downloads.cloudera.com/demo...are.zip?_ga=1.169159777.1380025119.1478119386

Because of huge download size, these are not working for me. Downloads starts and fails after couple hours. I have been trying for a day.
    Btw, in your lms video, top right -> learning tools -> forum -> where I found similar question posted and got the link. That link did not work and then I got above links from SimplieLearn people.
    Try and let me know if works for you.

6. PANKAJ KUMAR SHUKLA

PANKAJ KUMAR SHUKLA New Member

Hi Rohan, You should start preparation for cloudera certifications.

7. neil ramrattan

neil ramrattan New Member
    Alumni

Hi Pankaj, do you have any links on what steps to follow in order to be cloudera certified after BDH classes? Thanks.

8. Richard_62

Richard_62 Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Rohan,

Much of it depends on your current background, what is available in your area or willingness to relocate in career, what you enjoy and many other factors.

• For example, I love programming and find I like Statistical analysis. So I have begun more training in Data analysis in conjunction with Big data and find my Hadoop/Spark easily supplements and works with all kinds of cool things like H2O/R which is R across the Spark/Mesos system. I already have a background in Python which works great with cleaning data and working with pySpark processes.
    • There is certainly big money on admin and continuing on with Cloudera certification, Linux and other admin aspects, networking etc.
    • Another is Database management in conjunction with Hadoop. Many companies are looking for integration with their SQL, mySQL, mongoDB or other database into the Hadoop system.
    what I find is that the more I learn, in any direction, the more I master different aspects, which feels really good, and the more marketable I am.

I hope that helps, Thank you, Richard Kershner

9. mehtazubin64(3165192)

Big data has seen alot of great use cases and the knowledge shall prove to be fruitful if you implement large datasets. The best option is to start approaching roles like Big data developer, Decision Scientist, Business Intelligence analyst, etc which has immense potential. Such roles are majorly been offered by sectors like Technology, Telecom, Media and E-commerce.
    The next best step after this is to go after Certifications into Machine learning and artificial intelligence which shall be the topmost skill any employer would love to target and may help you fetch handsome fat package.