Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Agile scrum master Batch (Feb 27,28 Mar 5,6)

AmerNatarajan

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi Participants,

Greetings from Simplilearn.

Please use this thread to post your queries, requests,concerns and doubts pertaining to the Agile Scrum Master.

Anuj Bhatia(3812)

Alumni
Release planning exercise. Not able to understand anything or make sense of anything. I am not from Software development background. Can someone send a link which gives the very basic idea of this. It is all Greek and Latin for me.

Sandeep Souche(4802)

Alumni
Trainer
Release planning exercise. Not able to understand anything or make sense of anything. I am not from Software development background. Can someone send a link which gives the very basic idea of this. It is all Greek and Latin for me.
Hi Anuj -

Consider release as a project that results in an outcome. The idea of a release plan is to identify the milestones (sprints) within the overall project and what you will get done in each sprint. For example, in a recent data center upgrade project, we had the following sprint goals defined.

Sprint-1: Procurement of servers and storage, Installing redundant cabling between two server rooms
Sprint-2: Add the servers and storage into a cluster, test out the Virtual center licenses
Sprint-3: Involve users in testing and roll out

Hope that helps. Search for agile release planning and you will find plenty of articles with more insights from different domains.

Sapna Kumar(4137)

Alumni
Hello Sandeep,

I have bought Succeeding with Agile Book by Mike Cohn and it looks like the syllabus has changed because there are lot of terms in first 3 chapters which is not taught in the classroom training.for E.g. Improvement backlog ,Enterprise transition Community and lot more. Could you have a look at the book and let us know if the training and simulation exam is valid.

Sapna Kumar(4137)

Alumni
Hello Sandeep,

I have bought Succeeding with Agile Book by Mike Cohn and it looks like the syllabus has changed because there are lot of terms in first 3 chapters which is not taught in the classroom training.for E.g. Improvement backlog ,Enterprise transition Community and lot more. Could you have a look at the book and let us know if the training and simulation exam is valid.

Hello Sandeep,
Did you get the chance to have a look at new succeeding with Agile book.

Anuj Bhatia(3812)

Alumni
Hi Anuj -

Consider release as a project that results in an outcome. The idea of a release plan is to identify the milestones (sprints) within the overall project and what you will get done in each sprint. For example, in a recent data center upgrade project, we had the following sprint goals defined.

Sprint-1: Procurement of servers and storage, Installing redundant cabling between two server rooms
Sprint-2: Add the servers and storage into a cluster, test out the Virtual center licenses
Sprint-3: Involve users in testing and roll out

Hope that helps. Search for agile release planning and you will find plenty of articles with more insights from different domains.

Chaitanya Mehta

Alumni
Hello Sandeep,

I am facing few challenges with respect to estimating and planning questions, During our class we didn't took a deep/intermediate dive in to this topic specifically and after going through number of sample exams
I can say that confidently.

As per the preparation guide by EXIn planning and estimating carries the HIGHEST weight-age of 32.5%, so is it possible to have some more reading material for the same.

Regards,
Chaitanya

AmerNatarajan

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi All,

I will be sending a mail by EOD today defining the exam process clearly and also the details required to book an exam/exam voucher

AmerNatarajan

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hello Amer,

Today I received mail to submit the project but I don't know what project I need to submit and why?

Hi Sapna,

There is no Project that needs to be submitted, this mail was intended to only those courses where project submission is involved.

Kindly ignore this.

Sandeep Souche(4802)

Alumni
Trainer
Guys. I am still facing issues with the upload a file feature. If anybody (e.g. Amer) is able to do this - I am happy to mail the sample tests to you.

Sandeep Souche(4802)

Alumni
Trainer
Hello Sandeep,

I am facing few challenges with respect to estimating and planning questions, During our class we didn't took a deep/intermediate dive in to this topic specifically and after going through number of sample exams
I can say that confidently.

As per the preparation guide by EXIn planning and estimating carries the HIGHEST weight-age of 32.5%, so is it possible to have some more reading material for the same.

Regards,
Chaitanya

The best resource for this topic is Agile estimating and planning by Mike Cohn (same author as Succeeding with Agile which is an exam reference). What kind of questions are confusing you?

Sandeep Souche(4802)

Alumni
Trainer
Hello Sandeep,
Did you get the chance to have a look at new succeeding with Agile book.

There is coverage for many of these topics in Lesson 7, which deals with "Adopting Agile". For example slide-5 talks about an enterprise transition committee.

Of course all these topics are covered in much more depth in the book and yes - that is a key reference for the exam.

Sapna Kumar(4137)

Alumni
Hello Sandeep,

When I give exam on Scrum.org site which is an open assessment for scrum then I am able to score 80% but when I attempted practice exam on LMS site of simplilearn then I am able to get only 65% so do you think is it the right time to give exam.

AmerNatarajan

Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hello Sandeep,

When I give exam on Scrum.org site which is an open assessment for scrum then I am able to score 80% but when I attempted practice exam on LMS site of simplilearn then I am able to get only 65% so do you think is it the right time to give exam.

Hi Sapna,

I believe a little more practice and a quick brush up on the topics again will do the job. Let`s try to do this once again and give the mock assessments.

Please do revert with your results once this done.

Abhinav Jain

Alumni
Hi Sapna,

I believe a little more practice and a quick brush up on the topics again will do the job. Let`s try to do this once again and give the mock assessments.

Please do revert with your results once this done.
Hi Participants,

Greetings from Simplilearn.

Please use this thread to post your queries, requests,concerns and doubts pertaining to the Agile Scrum Master.

Hi,
I need to know more about Case Study which need to be submitted before certification exam.Can I get any template for Case Study ?

Thanks,
Abhinav Jain