Any alternatives to CAPM?

Discussion in 'Other Project Management Courses' started by Issac Cohen, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Issac Cohen

Issac Cohen Member

For someone who doesn't have direct experience leading projects (as a project manager), is CAPM the only certification available? From what I have read, no actual real world job experience is required for this certification. But is this the only option?

abinjoy and NARENDRA KOLLI like this.
  2. Vinutha

Vinutha Manager
    Staff Member

PRINCE 2 Foundation certification course would be the other option if you are looking for project management course.

abinjoy and NARENDRA KOLLI like this.
  3. Dustin Blair

Dustin Blair Member

I'm not sure where you get the idea that job experience is not required for the CAPM. According to one source, at least 1,500 hours of project experience, is required for anyone sitting for the exam. So even if a person is not directly in charge of the management of the project they will still be required to have experience working on a team, such as in a project related environment.

ChoteananC(3324215) likes this.
  4. Allan Joel(3776)

Allan Joel(3776) New Member
    Alumni

From what i understand you can take CAPM certification exam without any project management contact hours of 1,500. There is another option to take a course and get the required PDU.