Apache Kafka

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by _34019, Sep 20, 2018.

1. _34019

_34019 Member

Hi ,

i am following below steps for apache kafka:

But at step 4 :It started but i can see the last message as binding to port 2181 and it is stuck.
    Step 5:I am getting error that 'wmic is not a recognized command.can you please help

Please use the below link to download the Kafka and let us know if you need further assistance on the same,

1) The Java Environment variables should be set.

2) Got to the Apache Kafka downloads page and download the Scala 2.12 kafka_2.12-0.10.2.1.tgz
    3) Unzip it.
    4) Open cmd prompt and start zookeeper-

C:\kafka_2.12-0.10.2.1>.\bin\windows\zookeeper-server-start.bat .\config\zookeeper.properties

5) Open a new command prompt and start the Apache Kafka-

C:\kafka_2.12-0.10.2.1>.\bin\windows\kafka-server-start.bat .\config\server.properties

6) Open a new command prompt and create a topic with name javainuse-topic, that has only one partition & one replica.

C:\kafka_2.12-0.10.2.1>.\bin\windows\kafka-topics.bat --create --zookeeper localhost:2181 --replication-factor 1 --partitions 1 --topic javainuse-topic

7) Next Open a new command prompt and create a producer to send message to the above created javainuse-topic and send a message - Hello World Javainuse to it-

C:\kafka_2.12-0.10.2.1>.\bin\windows\kafka-console-producer.bat --broker-list localhost:9092 --topic javainuse-topic

Hello World Javainuse

8)Finally Open a new command prompt and start the consumer which listens to the topic javainuse-topic we just created above. We will get the message we had sent using the producer

2. _34019

_34019 Member

pls reply

3. ruhi.jain

ruhi.jain Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

However, could you please share the screenshot of the query so that we can assist you better?