Arjun Gupta August 17 -Technical PD1 Batch

Discussion in 'Salesforce Certification' started by Arjun Gupta_1, Aug 17, 2019.

1. David Hamilton_1

So expanding on our project. I had added a custom field "Bill_Month__c" This is a selectable field to match the billing dates. The idea behind this is two fold.

1) Easily see all bills for an individual based on month.
    2) To keep a duplicate record from being crated for the same customer and month. In order to accomplish this I added an additional method to my Handler Class. This method is trigger Before an Insert or Update. In order to get it to work I created two variables and two IF statements. How can this be improved on?

public static void checkDupRecord(List<Bill__c> BillRecords){

for(Bill__c billRecord : billRecords){

Bill__c[] dupRec = [Select Id From Bill__c Where Customer__c =: billRecord.Customer__c And Bill_Month__c =: billRecord.Bill_Month__c];
    // Sized Used so no error woudl be thrown in the event no record found for insert.
    If (dupRec.size() > 0){
    ID dupId = [Select Id From Bill__c Where Customer__c =: billRecord.Customer__c And Bill_Month__c =: billRecord.Bill_Month__c].Id;
    If (dupId != billRecord.id){
    billRecord.addError('This Bill Record for this Month has already been processed '+dupRec);
    }
    }
    }
    }

2. Arjun Gupta_1

Arjun Gupta_1 Customer
    Customer

Hey Soujanya, Whenever you check an assert, make sure you query again on the object to see what got stored latest

3. Arjun Gupta_1

Arjun Gupta_1 Customer
    Customer

Hey David, i would recommend you to once see the duplicate rules on objects in Salesforce config too