ASM

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by _9760, Aug 11, 2017.

1. _9760

_9760 New Member

Hi Team,
    I have few questions which I have raised during the webinar, our faculty reverted me that in due course I will be getting my answer however unfortunately I have to leave the class and unable to get the answer , would you guys help me with the following questions?

1) In which scenarios its best to choose Scrum and waterfall?
    2) I had some experience in agile working model and I have noticed that when the sprint start all needs to be done within that sprint(like dev,test release,etc) however, in many cases dev was not completed due to technical challenges or some other issues in that case test team wont get chance to go for the testing. what could be the action item in this situation to carried out the testing? Is it good to go for the N+1 sprint that means N sprint testing will be carried out in N+1 sprint will it be workable? If so what could be the issues/problem you foresee.

Regards,Mitesh

2. sharad_cert

sharad_cert Member

Hi i want to appear for exin exam.Can you plz guide me How to appear for it.

3. Raj K(3066)

Raj K(3066) Well-Known Member
    Trainer

Hi Mitesh,

Your second question was answered in yesterday's session when you asked it.

1) In which scenarios its best to choose Scrum and waterfall?
    Agile is useful when scope is not fixed. Waterfall is useful when scope is fixed.
    Agile is useful when the time to market is short and require regular frequent deliveries. Waterfall is good when a big-bang release is required only towards end of the project.
    2) I had some experience in agile working model and I have noticed that when the sprint start all needs to be done within that sprint(like dev,test release,etc) however, in many cases dev was not completed due to technical challenges or some other issues in that case test team wont get chance to go for the testing. what could be the action item in this situation to carried out the testing? Is it good to go for the N+1 sprint that means N sprint testing will be carried out in N+1 sprint will it be workable? If so what could be the issues/problem you foresee.
    This is a common situations most teams face due to limited Business availability during sprints. Option is to split the user stories into two one for development complete within N Sprint and another one exclusive for testing in N+1 sprint. This is against the book and manifesto, but in practical, you may not want to wait for stories to spill over to N+1 sprint for testing.

4. Rakesh Deshpande

Rakesh Deshpande Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hello Sharad,

Hope you have received the Voucher from our Exam team. Please do not hesitate to reply to the same E-mail if you need any further clarifications!

5. sharad_cert

sharad_cert Member

I tried to book an exam for a certain date.But Exin exam is not giving me the proper selection rather it is showing me prince2 and ITIL.Can you please help me?Please guide me How can i book an ASM exam.

6. Rakesh Deshpande

Rakesh Deshpande Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hello Sharad,

You should contact our i.e. Simplilearn's Exam team and not the Exin's. Here are the steps which will help you reach our Exam team for further assistance.

How to raise the request for Examination/Related Queries :
    • Click on the ASM E-Learning Module -> Help & Support.
    • Select Exam / Result Related.
    • Enter the message and create a ticket.

Now that you have certificate, if you believe that you have learnt sufficient enough to take up the examination. You need to share the below details to our Exam team.

1. Registered Email ID.
    2. Order Details.
    3. Date & Place of Exam.

Hope this information is helpful.

7. _7477

_7477 Member

Hello Mitesh and Raju Sir,
    Thanks for asking this question Mitesh and thanks for the wonderfu answer. But I still have some confusions here.
    1.If the stories are split in such a way that it can cover developement and testing, why should we create a new sprint just for testing?
    2. Secondly, If we create the next sprint only for testing , how will that work in the real world?
    so N = Developement
    N+1 = testing - in this time will the devs start developing stories of the next sprint?

Thanks in advance
    Sneha