ATTRITION ANALYSIS PROJECT- LOGISTIC REGRESSION

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Harshini Addanki, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Harshini Addanki

Harshini Addanki New Member

Hi

I ran the code for Logistic Regression and while I interpret the output I see the p value for all independent variables(Sex_Indicator, Relocation_Indicator, Marital_Status) is > than 0.05.
    So as I understand that there isn't any significant variable for this data. Can we say that Rate of Attrition isn't affected by any of the variables?

Also I see the c-statistic value < 70% . From my understanding any model having c-statistic value < 70% is not good model. If this is true then can I assume that the model we built for this data isn't accurate?

Can you please guide me in understanding the same.

Thanks
    Harshini

2. Priyanka_Mehta

Priyanka_Mehta Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Harshini,

I would like to inform you that, the interpretation done by you is absolutely right.

After having a look on the p value is greater for all the variable is > 0.05 so they are not significant. But also, why we have fixed 0.05 as our error. This is something which is decided by an organization.

So, we have given this project to give an exposure to the same. I hope this will help you and I can see that you have implemented the concepts learned by you very well.

3. Deepika_14

Deepika_14 Member

Hi Priyanka,
    I agree with Harshini, i too get the same results. Also i dont find any sig variable here expect the emp id which doesnt make any sense in taking emp id into consideration. Can i conclude that the Emp Attrition isnt affected by any of these variables in the project?

4. Priyanka_Mehta

Priyanka_Mehta Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Deepika,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I would like to inform you that, definitely Emp Id will not have any significance for Emp Attrition. So we will not take it into consideration, But we will go ahead with other variables.

I hope this will help you.