AWS Solution Architect Associate |

Discussion in 'Cloud Computing' started by Harendra Sahu, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Harendra Sahu

Harendra Sahu Customer
    Customer

Hi Learners,

Please go ahead and post your queries here.

Regards,
    Koyel
    Global Teaching Assistant
    Simplilearn

2. Chinmay Anaokar

Chinmay Anaokar Customer
    Customer

Thanks Koyel for the thread.

3. Subrat_11

Subrat_11 New Member

Hi Chinmay,

Can i create a new database Mysql in free tier through lab and is it going to charged in some manner. If i create one database in free tier can i again create a new one and also is simplilearn allowing us to register a free domain

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. ANJAN MUKHERJEE

I want to submit project for "AWS Tech Essentials Project" to unlock my certificate, do I have to take screenshots and create PDF then upload it? how can I submit my project

5. Chinmay Anaokar

Chinmay Anaokar Customer
    Customer

6. Chinmay Anaokar

Chinmay Anaokar Customer
    Customer

Hi Subrat, you can create as many databases you want in the free tier as long as the instance you are using falls within the free tier. And you can use that on Simplilearn lab as well.

As for the domain registration, that is not allowed on Simplilearn lab as it is restricted to basic services only.

Hope I have cleared your question.

Chinmay

Ram Shankar S C likes this.
  7. ANJAN MUKHERJEE

Hi Chinmay, could you please let me know how to submit projects? do I have to create a PDF with the screenshots and upload?

8. Santhanakumar (2050)

Alumni

Hi,

I had created some instances and VPC, How do I collectively look at all the items created by one account.(like dashboard)

9. _33204

_33204 Member

hi Chinmay,

I tried downloading the recordings for yesterday session after 12 hours today and May 25 etc sessions but inspite of disabling pop up blocker the download is not happening. I am using Windows PC with IE as browser. Pls help ASAP since I have missed this weeks class due to medical emergency in family.

Thanks Priyanka

10. Anjana Singh

Anjana Singh Active Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Anjan,

You can submit your project in PDF format but make sure the size of the document should not exceed 10MB.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,
    Anjana Singh

11. Anjana Singh

Simplilearn Support

Hi Santhanakumar,

AWS management console does not provide any such dashboard. However, we want you to know that whatever resources you're creating using Simplilearn lab will be cleaned up after 8 hours.

Regards,
    Anjana Singh

12. Anjana Singh

Simplilearn Support

Hi Priyanka,

I would request you to allow the pop-ups in the browser so that the videos get downloaded.

Regards,
    Anjana

13. Manmeet Ahir(3828)

Manmeet Ahir(3828) New Member

Hello Chinmay,

Please share the do's and Don't for free tier account. I know we have to be careful to use this account for our monthly user.

Please summarize it and then let me know. Much simpler to understand it.

Regards,
    Manmeet Ahir

14. sushil_23

sushil_23 Member

hi
    i hv created two AIM users and now want to delete them but getting permission denied issue , can you pls help to delete those.

thanks

15. Yogitha Koppal

Yogitha Koppal Active Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Sushil,

The permissions to delete in IAM is restricted in Simplilearn labs. You will be able to create Users, Groups and Roles in IAM but not able to delete.

Hope this information helps.

Best,
    Yogitha.

16. Yogitha Koppal

Yogitha Koppal Active Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi,

I would request you to go through the instructions given in the "Practice labs" in your LMS.

Best,
    Yogitha

17. _33204

_33204 Member

Hi Chinmay

I am unable to do the labs as i am getting attached error while creating VPC. Pls help on adding IPv4 CIDR so i can continue labwork, Also, for practicing IAM controls how can i launch lab and continue. Is it a different lab or the same lab of AWS sol architect?

Also what is the sequence of labwork that we should follow for every new area of labwork do we launch a new lab or use the same lab instance for 8 hour period and then launch new lab.

Appreciate if you can reply at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka

Attached Files:

18. _33204

_33204 Member

Hi Team,

I started lab work for AWS Solution Architect EFS module but got stuck while creating EFS and mounting storage. Below is the error msg im getting while using Putty for mounting. Pls help to resolve this step as im not able to go further than this point.

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-91-117 ~]$ sudo mount -t nfsvers=4.1,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,hard,timeo=600,retrans=2,noresvport fs-645d5d87.efs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com~/efs-mount-point
    mount: fs-645d5d87.efs.us-east-1.amazonaws.com~/efs-mount-point: can't find in /etc/fstab.

Request your help ASAP as my extension for completing labwork ends soon.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka

19. _33204

_33204 Member

hi team,

Im unable to find the tutorials that Chinmay (instructor) was to share for the linux commands to mount storage and EBS volumes. My lab work is pending due to this.

Pls share the same ASAP.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka

20. _33204

_33204 Member

Hi Chinmay

Pls guide me on how to configure connectivity between the webserver and the RDS instance in below practice assignment shared on 16 june session of AWS solution archtect course.

Your company wants to use an RDS instance as the data repository for their webserver. You will need to complete the following tasks: 1. Create an additional private subnet in your custom VPC. 2. Verify the inbound rules for your DBSERVER security group. 3. Create a DB Subnet Group to host your RDS instance. 4. Launch a MySQL RDS instance into the DB subnet group. 5. Launch a new webserver into a public subnet of your custom VPC. 6. Configure connectivity between the webserver and the RDS instance.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka

21. _33204

_33204 Member

Hi Chinmay,

I tried doing the practice assignment 5 and i could not get this below step correctly:

Test that the health check files work by opening up a web browser and entering the following:

<instance IP address>/health_check.html

If this does not work. Login to the instance to ensure that the apache webserver is running and that the healthcheck.html file exists.

Pls guide me on what could be wrong as i followed the steps as indicated by the practice assignment instructions.

Thanks and Regards
    Priyanka