AWS SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT ASSOCIATE - 24TH AUGUST 2019

Discussion in 'Cloud Computing' started by RohanArora, Aug 25, 2019.

1. RohanArora

RohanArora Member
    Alumni

AWS SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT ASSOCIATE - 24TH AUGUST 2019

2. jagat waila

jagat waila New Member

Hi Rohan, Recording of 25th August session(09:00 - 13:00 (IST) batch) is not opening and getting file corrupted error.Could you please upload it further.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. Anjana Singh

Anjana Singh Active Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Jagat,

As checked, I see that the recording is working absolutely fine. Please give it a try once more.

Kindly use the below links to download the NBR2 media player to play the ".arf" format videos :
    Windows: https://welcome.webex.com/client/T33L/nbr2player.msi
    MAC : https://welcome.webex.com/client/T33L/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg

Regards,
    Anjana

4. RohanArora

RohanArora Member
    Alumni

Thanks Anjana for your input. I was able to download and play the video without any issue.

@Jagat: Please try again and revert if the problem persists.

5. _25942

_25942 Member

Hi Rohan, I have created three S3 buckets individually in Mumbai, Singapore and Seoul. When I try to enable Server Access Logging under Properties, the drop down for Target Bucket only shows the same source bucket (Mumbai). The other two buckets created in Singapore and Seoul doesn't appear in the drop down. However, the message on the top says if the source bucket and target bucket are same, it may lead into increase in storage billing and harder to find the logs. How to handle this?

6. _25942

_25942 Member

Hi Rohan, one more topic - When I try to create a bucket policy with multiple actions say 'DeleteObject' and 'DeleteBucket' with effect as 'Deny', it doesn't save the JSON query when I copy paste it under Bucket Policy. It says 'Error : Action does not apply to any resource(s) in statement'. However, when the perform the same steps but with one action (DeleteObject) it works. Can't we select multiple actions under one bucket policy? What am I doing wrong?

7. lakshmi Aparna boyapati

default is aanyways set to 'deny', so you don't have to set it . You only neeed to specify if its 'allow'

8. Avadutha Anand

Hi Rohan,
    I have created an EC2 instance successfully but am not able to ping that public IP(35.154.242.63) from cmd prompt.

upload_2019-9-4_11-27-25.png

when am trying to login from the putty am getting "Network error: connection time out"

upload_2019-9-4_11-30-10.png

9. Prakash Kajagar

Hi Rohan,

Question 1:-
    The session covered Horizontal AutoScaling, however, have heard about AWS Supporting Vertical AutoScaling as well.
    Can you please cover the same in upcoming sessions?

Question 2:-
    During Auto-Scaling, creation of 2 instances (will call it as Base instances which were under cloudwatch monitoring) were created at run time after Launch Configuration & Auto-Scaling group.

Question is, If we already have the EC2 Instances (Base Instances) UP and Running, how can we configure Auto-Scaling, expected to be kept idle until and unless Dynamic Plan threshold is not reached.

10. Avadutha Anand

Hi Roshan,

My instance are terminating for every 8 minutes automatically, i can see the the below error in the logs.

Cause:CauseAt 2019-09-09T12:29:38Z an instance was taken out of service in response to a ELB system health check failure.

please suggest where to check

In LB the instance are showing Outof service.

11. Rohan_61

Rohan_61 Moderator
    Trainer

Hi Guys, I will answer all your questions on September 21, 2019, which will be the last session of this batch. I have uploaded a document named as 'Final Project Steps' to our shared Google Drive. It consists of all steps for you to go through and complete and submit your final project. The folder can be accessed via following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iJ5m4YelSxH-ZtjCR5Dv5sLYdAZyl0OE?usp=sharing

12. Rohan_61

Rohan_61 Moderator
    Trainer

Hi Avadutha,

Following are some troubleshooting steps you need to perform:

1. Check the 'Ping Path' within 'Health Check' option of your Elastic Load Balancer. It should be '/index.html' depending on the script I have provided to you.
    2. Please ensure that application is up and running on all EC2 instances. This can be confirmed by browsing the instances' web page using its Public/Elastic IP address or Public DNS Name.
    3. Check Security Groups assigned to Load Balancer and EC2 Instances. They should allow HTTP from anywhere.
    4. Lastly, you can remove and add these instances again to the load balancer. Sometimes, it fixes the issue.

I hope these steps will help you. Please revert in case the problem persists.

Regards,
    Rohan Arora