Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Big Data Hadoop and Spark Developer Feb 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28 Mar 6,7,13,14,20 Gautam Pal

I have discovered that I cannot log directly into this site. When I try to, using the ID and Password it says incorrect Password. If I log directly into the class first, then open a new TAB and open the URL, it works fine (no issues). Anyone else having this problem?

I am also doing the Self-Pace classes in advance of the Live class (as best I can) in order to better be able to keep up. I have completed 1-3 and am doing 4 next. After 4 I will go back and review #3 again and then do lesson 5 before this Saturday. Anybody else doing this? I ask because I am hitting some snags when trying to do the online projects in the self-pace labs/projects. The 2 snags so far are related to missing material in the slides that is needed in order to figure out the how to properly do the labs. Sometimes I can figure it out, other times I cannot.

I am unable to join my LIVE class this morning, it keeps giving me an error when trying to join. I have exited and rebooted my laptop but still getting the error. I can connect to SimpliLearn and run the self-pace class with no issues and the Live class worked with no issues last week but is not today

I am unable to join my LIVE class today. "Go to class" is not working and unable to join the live training. Is anyone on the same batch is facing this issue (Feb 6th - Mar 20th Batch).

Kafka broker is not starting but zookeeper is working fine. I've tried and gone through recordings also. I have an issue with the maven. When I run mvn clean install in my command prompt it is not working.Help me in solving these two issues.

Even after deleting the log files tmp in local C folder still kafka broker is not started

Last edited:
Hy sir, I've tried the file "Employee_reivew_data" solution that you shared in google drive as a sample solution. But there were many errors I tried to sort it But could not able to move further. Help me in solving that issue

Vivek Pal

Hi Gautam Sir,

I was following the solution for Project 2 ("Employee_reivew_data"). At the end of the solution file, I found that you used following lines:

Step 2) Create pos/neg words RDD:
val pos_rdd = sc.textFile("/temp/pos_words/pos_words.dat",8).map(pos_kv => (pos_kv,1))
val neg_rdd = sc.textFile("/temp/neg_words/neg_words.dat",8).map(pos_kv => (pos_kv,1))

How I can get the pos_words.dat and neg_words.dat files.

Please suggest.

Let me know if any other Learner know about these .dat files.

Gautam Pal

Customer
Customer
Hy sir, I've tried the file "Employee_reivew_data" solution that you shared in google drive as a sample solution. But there were many errors I tried to sort it But could not able to move further. Help me in solving that issue

I have updated again the project 2 solution today. I am sorry I did not test everything last time due to my busy schedule. Could you please check now the attached? First few steps can be skipped since it is creating tables and inserting data that are already done.

Gautam, I am difficult to follow your classes, as there is no interaction with students. You are doing presentation only from your side. Students can only watch . This makes it very difficult as we do not get any hands on practice. Please change your teaching style. It is very frustrating to follow you as we do not understand what you are trying to achieve.

Gautam, I am finding it more and more difficult to follow your classes, as there is no interaction with students. You are doing presentation only from your side. Students can only watch . This makes it very difficult as we do not get any hands on practice. Please change your teaching style. It is very frustrating to follow you as we do not understand what you are trying to achieve.

I am not able to follow this instructor. I mentioned this in my request. See below==> I audited Gautam Pals class of Feb 19 - Apr 02 2021. I have following comments: 1. Gautam mentioned availability of Junit code for Mapreduce on Google drive. I did not find it. Please remind him to share this code on Google drive. 2. Gautam did one sided demo of big data application describing and writing codes, without interaction. We would have got better insight in to big data development by our doing the lab work along with him. His one sided explanation without hands on exercises did not give me enough confidence on doing the lab myself. Please ask him to involve the students in doing hands on exercises along with him, so we know of pitfalls if we make errors and learn by doing it. Thanks. Shyam Koppikar I note that many students just stopped listening as they dont follow him. Shyam Koppikar​