Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Can't Open ARF file from my Mac

Marwen Hassen

Hi, after download the arf file for recording live class sessions, i have a problem to open a it with Network Recording Player, i try it in mac and windows the same problem, in mac he don't give me permission to click in open file, and windows, file don't open ?? i have a big problem to view the old session in live class

+1 on this issue. I have redownloaded the player and the lectures multiple times to no avail. Submitted a support request on this and I'll let you know when I get a response.

Nagma_1

Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Hi, after download the arf file for recording live class sessions, i have a problem to open a it with Network Recording Player, i try it in mac and windows the same problem, in mac he don't give me permission to click in open file, and windows, file don't open ?? i have a big problem to view the old session in live class
Hi Hassen,

We are working on this issue with the concerned team.

meanwhile, we request you to please use the below links.

Windows - https://simplilearnsolutions.webex.com/client/T32L/nbr2player.msi

Mac - https://simplilearnsolutions.webex.com/client/T32L/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg]

hi Team

i am facing the same issue...I have redownloaded the player and the lectures multiple times...but still unable to play the recording...the above link which you have shared is also giving service unavailable response...Kindly help

i have the same problem this has started happening end of last year there seems to be a bug wiht the player wont allow to open files and also say that files are damged and wont play

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 11.42.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 11.42.29 PM.png
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 13

Fauzia Dasadia

Alumni
Is this issue resolved? I strongly regret registering at Simplilearn, waste of money and pathetic support. Not a single session I have had been able to view.

Deepti Pai

Guys I was facing the same problem where I wasn't able to open Recorded file on NBR player. Then I followed the below steps, hope it will help you as well. (For Windows)
right click on the video file->open with->choose another app->more apps-> look for another app on PC ->one box will open to search the application... there, go to C drive->Program Files (x86)->Webex->Webex->500->select nbrplay.exe(OR simply nbrplay) and set that as default player.

Once this file opens, every recording you download, can be opened just by double clicking on it. Hope it helps! Cheers.

i am facing the exact same problem with mac. Is there any fix yet? The player doesn't open to play the .arf files. Please provide other ways to progress, if the player is corrupted etc. This is really unacceptable from a learning platform

Hello, Same issue with me as well.
This is unacceptable. Already there are many people who reported this issue but still, there is no response from the team. This is a learning platform and recording classes is very important. Hope you guys will understand the seriousness of this issue.

PankajaSL

Hi everyone,

I was experiencing the same issue, and tried similar methods to solve it, to no avail. I decided to dig around for an older version, and I found this:

https://akamaicdn.webex.com/client/WBXclient-40.6.6-7/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg

At least for me, this worked! Good luck, and I hope it works for you as well.

Cheers
Hi Nathan , link provided here it is for Mac. Please can u tell me the link for Windows if u have ? since home URL : "https://akamaicdn.webex.com" is not working to take for Windows

Just go to the downloaded file, "Right Click File",

and say "Choose and other APP"

On the sub-menu "choose an other APP in the PC"

Point it to the NBR Player.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Webex\Webex\500\nbrplay.exe

Open the file., and this should work.

Next time do and openwith and you will see NBR Player as an option, or you can even set it as default for all .arf file.

symone clarke

Guys I was facing the same problem where I wasn't able to open Recorded file on NBR player. Then I followed the below steps, hope it will help you as well. (For Windows)
right click on the video file->open with->choose another app->more apps-> look for another app on PC ->one box will open to search the application... there, go to C drive->Program Files (x86)->Webex->Webex->500->select nbrplay.exe(OR simply nbrplay) and set that as default player.

Once this file opens, every recording you download, can be opened just by double clicking on it. Hope it helps! Cheers.
omg thank you so much no one was able to help me and I was freaking out trying to get this recording thank you soooooooo much

This works. Thank you

omg thank you so much no one was able to help me and I was freaking out trying to get this recording thank you soooooooo much
500->select nbrplay.exe(OR simply nbrplay) and set that as default player.

Here, after reaching 500, only nbrplay is visible and not nbrplay.exe is not visible and that too how can be set as default player? plz guide me