Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Certified Data Scientist ( R, SAS and Excel)

Titli Banerjee

Alumni
I was a participant of the Certified Data Scientist(SAS,R & Excel)/batch 2/Feb 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28,March 5,6,12,13,19,20,26,27, Apr 2,3,9 2016, that was conducted by Mr Srikanth B.

I did not receive the recordings of the following classes:
  1. March 27th
  2. April 2nd
  3. April 3rd
  4. April 9th
Could any one send me the recording links ? I already sent an email to Simplilearn - Tckt No: 838866.

Thanks.

Sugandha_1

Alumni
I am trying to install SAS university edition. Till creating profile it goes well. Then guide says I should receive a mail which has link to download software. But I haven't received any mail after setting password. I am trying it for last 3 days. Please guide me

sonamsuri88

Alumni
Not able to install SAS university edition. The SAS file which is downloading is not a zip file. That is an ova file (*.ova - extension). The SAS installation guide which i have received shows i should be a zip file. Can you please share that SAS zip file and vmware set up with me may be through google drive/send space. or help me with the SAS installation (sonamsuri88@gmail.com)

Sugandha_1

Alumni
Not able to install SAS university edition. The SAS file which is downloading is not a zip file. That is an ova file (*.ova - extension). The SAS installation guide which i have received shows i should be a zip file. Can you please share that SAS zip file and vmware set up with me may be through google drive/send space. or help me with the SAS installation (sonamsuri88@gmail.com)

Sonam I had same problem. But now its new version and thats why it has .ova file. It works

Durga_11

Trainer
For people who might be having issues with SAS installation - https://support.sas.com/kb/46/250.html
this is a good place to start.

And @sonam - yes, it is an .ova file - which will be mounted on your virtual box.

Also, try using Oracle Virtual Box. Some people have reported issues using VMWare player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Durga_11

Trainer
Batch 3 (March 26-May1)
I think the session ended while troubleshooting.
@durga -Session was automatically ended and SAS is still not working.

My virtual box is also wroking.

I open this link - https://localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/main?locale=en_US&zone=GMT%2B05%3A30&https://localhost:10080/SASStudio/35/=

After this, it shows signing in and then it starts loading.
Please raise a request and we can discuss on a one-on-one call hopefully. If you can send a mail to getcertified, I will be able to assist you.
Also, I hope the website you try to reach is https://localhost:10080 and then it starts loading https://localhost:10080/SASStudio/35

Anirudh_5

Alumni
Hi,

I am trying the R project with the flights delay for logistic regression. The scheduled time and departure time are given as integers. I need to know if there is a way I can convert these to a time data type. I have tried multiple things. as.Date, as.POSIXct etc but somehow don't seem to get the arguments right. I would also like to know whether I need to convert the time to another data type at all.
P.S. I have also converted the date from character to date data type.

Sugandha_1

Alumni
Hi Durga
I have excel file where I want to plot a bar chart but as the value ranges from 0 to 10000, bars of smaller amount is not shown properly. I thought of using broken Y axis. Please help me through.
There are 3 products with 2 variants each. Every product is sold at sales point 1-5. The data shows that 2 sales point has good sale whereas remaining 3 sales point have lesser sale due to location.
As file is not getting uploaded in its original format so uploading txt format with limited values

Attachments

• broken y axis.txt
    502 bytes · Views: 1

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Hi Participants,

Have you submitted your project to become a job-ready professional!!

I just wanted to check if everything is going well with you on the Learning path….and you are on the way to submit your project. I believe that projects are vital part of your learning , as they help you apply your knowledge in the real world.

As projects are replication of some real world challenges simulated by our content experts, Simplilearn has made project submission mandatory to get course completion certificate or recognize the course completion.

We’d like to see you becoming a well-rounded, job-ready professional in no time. What you need to do…its simple!!

To submit the project please write to projectsubmission@simplilearn.com or get any help related to the project you can write to us on Simplitalk (Please use you LMS User ID and Password to access this page)

Join our Project mentoring sessions, or reach us at getcertified@simplilearn.com. So get started….submit your project, Get Ahead. If you have already submitted…then please let us know what is the next course you want to do with us…

As always you can chat or get on a call with us for an instant response or reach out to Support team through Help & Supportpage on Simplilearn website. We're always around to help you achieve your career goals!

Durga_11

Trainer
Hi Durga
I have excel file where I want to plot a bar chart but as the value ranges from 0 to 10000, bars of smaller amount is not shown properly. I thought of using broken Y axis. Please help me through.
There are 3 products with 2 variants each. Every product is sold at sales point 1-5. The data shows that 2 sales point has good sale whereas remaining 3 sales point have lesser sale due to location.
As file is not getting uploaded in its original format so uploading txt format with limited values

@Sugandha -

I had a look at the data and tried using the link I sent you - https://alesandrab.wordpress.com/2014/03/17/broken-column-and-bar-charts/. You can download their workbook, try copying a column of your data and see how it works.
Another option is to use panel charts - https://peltiertech.com/broken-y-axis-in-excel-chart/

I tried both of them and they do involve a lot of steps like you mentioned. The easy way out is to create different charts for the different series - or use a photo editor tool to "break" your axis. I am not sure how big your data set is (you mentioned limited values). The greater number of variables / rows you have, the more it becomes difficult to create and interpret a broken axis graph as well. If you're willing, you can try this in R - which has an easier way of doing plots. Check the plotrix package.

Hope this helps.

Jhuma Bhattacharjee

Alumni
Hi,
I created a ticket for the online test on Certified Data Scientist with R, SAS and excel. My ticket no is. 845071. Please let me know how do I write the test. Earlier also I raised a ticket for the test ( ticket no.840250), but didnot get any further communication and missed the date. Only got a communication that due to spike in ticket volume there will be a delay of 92 hrs in responding. As my session will expire soon, I want to appear for the test.

Regards,
Jhuma

Jhuma Bhattacharjee

Alumni
Hi,
I created a ticket for the online test on Certified Data Scientist with R, SAS and excel. My ticket no is. 845071. Please let me know how do I write the test. Earlier also I raised a ticket for the test ( ticket no.840250), but didnot get any further communication and missed the date. Only got a communication that due to spike in ticket volume there will be a delay of 92 hrs in responding. As my session will expire soon, I want to appear for the test.

Regards,
Jhuma
Hi,
Can anyone help me out. Or guide me whom or where to contact.

Regards,
Jhuma

sonamsuri88

Alumni
Please provide recordings for session 23rd, 24th, 30th april and 1st may
batch timings : 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm IST, Trainer- Ms Durga

Thanks

Durga_11

Trainer
HI Durga,

Can you please share the data set you used to show the heat maps and the word clouds.

Thanks
Heatmaps - I used the mtcars dataset available in R.
For wordcloud, try the attachment.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• textExample.zip
    350 bytes · Views: 3

sonamsuri88

Alumni
I have asked for these recording multiple times and till now i got no response. Very disappointed with simplillearn team.
Please provide recordings for session 23rd, 24th, 30th april and 1st may -batch started from 26th March
batch timings : 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm IST, Trainer- Ms Durga

Thanks

Durga_11

Trainer
Batch May 7 - June 12, Time : 730 - 1130 PM IST

From your feedback last week, please find two documents attached -
1. HypothesisTesting.pdf - cheat sheet to decide what test to use, with examples
2. May 28-29.txt - list of R commands used during the session, my R History file. If one/two commands do not execute properly, please try the next command (there could have been typos and I would have rectified them in the next command).

See you next week!

Attachments

• HypothesisTesting.pdf
    368 KB · Views: 11
  • May28-29.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 7

Durga_11

Trainer
Batch 7 May - 12 June

Please make sure you have installed SAS on your desktops before the session.
Also, go through the projects - we can discuss any queries or issues you have (since this is the last week).

See you during the class!

Chetan_49

Alumni
Hi,

I did not get recording for day2 "5/06/2016" and script Murali promised to share across. Could you look into this and send me details i am looking for.

Regards
Chetan

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Dear Participant,

I just wanted to check if everything is going well with you on the Learning path and you are on the way to submit your project. I believe that projects are vital part of your learning , as they help you apply your knowledge in the real world.

As projects are replication of some real world challenges simulated by our content experts, Simplilearn has made project submission mandatory to get course completion certificate or recognize the course completion.

We’d like to see you becoming a well-rounded, job-ready professional in no time. What you need to do…its simple!!

To submit the project please write to projectsubmission@simplilearn.com or get any help related to the project you can write to us on SimpliTalk (Please use you LMS User ID and Password to access this page)

Join our Project mentoring sessions, or reach us at getcertified@simplilearn.com. So get started…. submit your project, Get Ahead. If you have already submitted…then please let us know what is the next course you want to do with us.

As always you can chat or get on a call with us for an instant response or reach out to Support team through Help & Support page on Simplilearn website. We're always around to help you achieve your career goals!

Jas

Alumni
i was doing the Retail project and trying doing the time series, fit <- auto.arima(timeseries)

but i am getting the following error, can someone help

Error in OCSBtest(x, m) : The OCSB regression model cannot be estimate

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Hi Jas,

The problems in your examples are due to a number of issues (and in my opinion, bugs) around dealing with time series full of zeroes.

In general, you should use the debug command to step through your code. For example, try debugging the five main functions that run for the auto.arima:

debug(auto.arima)
debug(nsdiffs)
debug(forecast:::OCSBtest)
debug(lm)
debug(lm.fit)

Mohammed Khasim

Simplilearn Support
Hi Prince,
  • Pick an editor you like and which has R support
  • Write your code in 'snippets', ie short files for functions, and then use the facilities of the editor / R integration to send the code to the R interpreter
  • If you make a mistake, re-edit your snippet and run it again
  • You will always have a log of what you did

prince_13

Alumni
Warning message:
glm.fit: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred
How to deal with this error.I want to make logistic model.

prince_13

Alumni
Warning message:
glm.fit: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred
How to deal with this error.I want to make logistic model.

Gauravpreet_1

Alumni
Hi Murali,

Could you please explain what degree of freedom means..If we are surveying say 20 respondents degree of freedom is 19 right?
Or is it dependent on the number of variables in the dataset

A.Murali

Alumni
Trainer
Hi Gaurav,
In statistics, the number of values in a study that are free to vary. For example, if you have to take ten different (N=10) courses to graduate, and only ten different courses are offered, then you have nine degrees of freedom. Nine semesters you will be able to choose which class to take; the tenth semester, there will only be one class left to take - there is no choice, if you want to graduate
This depends on the levels within a specified categorical variable

Regards,
Murali
Hi Murali,

Could you please explain what degree of freedom means..If we are surveying say 20 respondents degree of freedom is 19 right?
Or is it dependent on the number of variables in the dataset

prince_13

Alumni
Hi Murali,
Could you please tell me how to change categorical value to numeric because when i am linear regression there are lot of independent variable are coming like i posted.8.PNG