Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Certified lean Sig Sigma black belt | Prakash | June 20th - Jul 14th

Irina Sapsay

Professor Viswanathan, please share some links to websites where we can find the declassified IASSC Black Belt Certified Exams you mentioned in the June 20th introductory classs. Google search showed paid websites but I was not sure if those were from previous exams.

Last edited:

Rajat_Kumar

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
Professor Viswanathan, please share some links to websites where we can find the declassified IASSC Black Belt Certified Exams you mentioned in the June 20th introductory classs. Google search showed paid websites but I was not sure if those were from previous exams.
Hi Irinia, Please raise ticket, We will forward the concern to the faculty

We will take this up

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query example: unlocking the certificate
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes

prakvisw68

Hi All,

When I referred to retired Qs from previous exams I remember to have stated that you may find these in google searches if you get l lucky. Please try other sources like pdf drive and look for previous LSS certification exam Questions.
However there is no guarantee that you will find a whole lot of them. Please also visit www.iassc website for the same.
Thanks

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
For the gradable project when there is some information not given ( example of Hotel Coopergates ) there is a CEO mentioned and the black belt Mr. Bond but no other people. Do we just make up people but put job description ( ex: green belt, hotel clerk...) to be part of the project charter and RACI chart?
Also should the business case be super detailed ( give data on why to complete the project) or more of an overall generic why to complete the project ( increase revenue) . I know there are calculations completed during the project just didn't know if that information should be part of business case or not.

Instructor Prakash and Simplilearn,

I hope all is well. I was looking at the Vtech project and to me it looks like the NPV is calculated incorrectly in their example. Their formula wasn't given but they added the initial investment as their year one (1) which should be applied at the end. Please take a look at the long version of the calculation I show in the screen shot below using the Vtech example and confirm whether I am correct or not. This will help clarify my understanding. If it is not accurate please explain.

Thank you

NPV Calc.jpg

Attachments

• NPV Calc.jpg
    NPV Calc.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Who will answer or help in questions related to Gradable project ? do we have to wait 1 week to get answer to our questions ? if yes it will delay project submission.

akarsh k

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Do we have the edit the PDF to submit the project or convert the deck to PPT and then work on it.. what is expected ?
Sorry for the delay in response, Project can be submitted in any format eg-PDF, Screen-shot, Word, PPT.
Attach the same project file in all three sections- Screen-shot, Source-code & Write-up.

Hi Trying to work on gradable project. where is the soft data stored for me to run in minitab ??? pls share the Google drive path here for gradable projects soft data in excel.....cannot copy paste from PDF

Also is their a PPT version of gradable projects ? or we have to covert PDF to PPT ?

Ideally there should be a common place for all google drive links where data is stored phase wise. Its too many links making things complicated. Can we create one pls ?

prakvisw68

For the gradable project when there is some information not given ( example of Hotel Coopergates ) there is a CEO mentioned and the black belt Mr. Bond but no other people. Do we just make up people but put job description ( ex: green belt, hotel clerk...) to be part of the project charter and RACI chart?
Also should the business case be super detailed ( give data on why to complete the project) or more of an overall generic why to complete the project ( increase revenue) . I know there are calculations completed during the project just didn't know if that information should be part of business case or not.
Hi,
You may assume additional details as a part of your project charter. There is no need for a detailed project charter. However the intent of the charter is to draw the focus on a need for improvement following all basic details. Please state your assumption if any as a part of your slide deck.
Thanks

prakvisw68

Instructor Prakash and Simplilearn,

I hope all is well. I was looking at the Vtech project and to me it looks like the NPV is calculated incorrectly in their example. Their formula wasn't given but they added the initial investment as their year one (1) which should be applied at the end. Please take a look at the long version of the calculation I show in the screen shot below using the Vtech example and confirm whether I am correct or not. This will help clarify my understanding. If it is not accurate please explain.

Thank you

View attachment 17878

Dear Phil,

There was a system issue and I could respond sooner as a result. Please find attached my excel sheet with the working for VTECH case study.
I do not see an issue with this calculation.
Trust this clarifies.
Thanks

Attachments

• VTECH-NPV-IRR.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 5

prakvisw68

Do we have the edit the PDF to submit the project or convert the deck to PPT and then work on it.. what is expected ?
Please use the standard template provided by simplilearn which saves a lot of time as it has all the relevant elements for all DMAIC life cycle stages. However you may choose to upload the completed gradable case study in any form.
Thanks

Please use the standard template provided by simplilearn which saves a lot of time as it has all the relevant elements for all DMAIC life cycle stages. However you may choose to upload the completed gradable case study in any form.
Thanks
Where can i find standard template ? i really dont know what is expected from gradable projects. Can i talk to someone one on one ? even if i work on standard template i need to enter the data right ? you want me to export data from PDF to PPT and then work on it . I cannot copy paste data from PDF to PPT

prakvisw68

This is attached. I have already communicated that it can be downloaded from the LMS portal itself. Please go through the GRADABLE PROJECT PDF at the end of the page you will find a question to which you are expected to find a solution using the tools and the data. I have attached a jpg image for your reference.

Attachments

• Six Sigma Black Belt Project Template.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DEFINE-COOPERGATES.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 8

prakvisw68

Further pfa the links to sample projects with complete solutions. These were uploaded to the gdrive on Jun 26, 2021.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10svvdnghipBBTenR1erGleZK-o9M5uEX?usp=sharing

Further all these are available in your LMS Login. I have been repeatedly emphasizing this in all the sessions till date. PLEASE UTILIZE ALL THE RESOURCES PROVIDED IN THE LMS PLATFORM. Use these as guide project to complete your gradable projects.
Projects 2 and 4 are samples
Projects 1 and 3 are gradable

Thanks

Attachments

• PROJECTS.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi,
You may assume additional details as a part of your project charter. There is no need for a detailed project charter. However the intent of the charter is to draw the focus on a need for improvement following all basic details. Please state your assumption if any as a part of your slide deck.
Thanks
Thank you for the information.

Hello Prakash,
I was hoping you could provide some clarification on when to use certain hypothesis testing set ups. In particular if there is improvements made to a process and wanting to compare the new results mean against a target mean. The sample size is less than 30 and the population standard deviation is not known. Data passes normality test. This should be a one sample T- test correct?

Also when to use Chisquared hypothesis testing? This is only to be used for non parametric ( non normal data) correct? This would not be comparing the mean but comparing the median of an observed value to an expected value ( goodness to fit). So if the data we are looking at is verified to be normal in minitab we should not be using chisquared hypothesis testing to evaluate correct?

prakvisw68

Hello Prakash,
I was hoping you could provide some clarification on when to use certain hypothesis testing set ups. In particular if there is improvements made to a process and wanting to compare the new results mean against a target mean. The sample size is less than 30 and the population standard deviation is not known. Data passes normality test. This should be a one sample T- test correct?

Also when to use Chisquared hypothesis testing? This is only to be used for non parametric ( non normal data) correct? This would not be comparing the mean but comparing the median of an observed value to an expected value ( goodness to fit). So if the data we are looking at is verified to be normal in minitab we should not be using chisquared hypothesis testing to evaluate correct?
Hi,

If the sample size is small (less than 30) and the population stdev is unknown then use the one sample t test to compare against a target.
Chi Sq Test is used when we explore a relationship (dependence) between categorical input and output data. There is no mathematical equation that can be established in this case.
For example we may test whether a category of service (A,B,C) has any influence on SLA Severity levels (0,1,2) etc using chi sq
Here data is counting so median / Mode may sometimes be the best choice of comparison. We will examine chi sq through the LVC case study today. Goodness of fit, test for independence and Contingency tables are typical applications of the chi sq test.
Verifying data for normality does not have any bearing on the chi sq test.
Thanks

Hi,

If the sample size is small (less than 30) and the population stdev is unknown then use the one sample t test to compare against a target.
Chi Sq Test is used when we explore a relationship (dependence) between categorical input and output data. There is no mathematical equation that can be established in this case.
For example we may test whether a category of service (A,B,C) has any influence on SLA Severity levels (0,1,2) etc using chi sq
Here data is counting so median / Mode may sometimes be the best choice of comparison. We will examine chi sq through the LVC case study today. Goodness of fit, test for independence and Contingency tables are typical applications of the chi sq test.
Thanks
Thank you for the further explanation.

Hello Prakash,
To follow up with my question in class. There is a problem I'm struggling to solve.

The number of defective items counted in a batch of 250 is , on an average, found to be 28. What are the control limits?

This is the only information given. it is an np- chart calculation. p bar would be 28/250. I'm not sure how to calculate npbar. The answer is 13 and 45 but I have no idea how they came to that conclusion. Any assistance on how to solve this equation would be appreciated. Thank you

prakvisw68

Hi,
From the information provided PFA the detail working. Trust this helps.

Thanks
Prakash V

Attachments

• NPBAR.pdf
    67.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

Thanks
Hello Prakash,
That is very helpful. So by looking at your calculations npbar ( average/centerline) can be calculated by multiplying proportion (pbar) * batch size. Is this always the case that proportion * batch size will equal the average?

Hardeep Singh_7

Customer
Customer
On slide 28 and 29 of the coopergates pdf, there are X chart and R chart included in the deck which has been created on the check-in data provided in the file
However, since this data is for 1 check-in at a time, shouldn't the subgroup size be 1? As per the chart provided shouldn't we be using the I-MR chart instead?

Attachments

• f84373ce-0580-47a2-89b6-423d2b1b12f0.jpg
    f84373ce-0580-47a2-89b6-423d2b1b12f0.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1