Change of Career from QA to business analyst

Discussion in 'Other Courses & Certifications' started by Krishna Gandhi, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Krishna Gandhi

Krishna Gandhi New Member

Hello,
    First of all about myself, myself Krishna Gandhi, right now based in Germany and working as Agile QA in IT firm here. I will be coming India this year in August and will be based there..
    As professional, I have 7 years of experience as Quality assurance engineer. I am thinking of changing my career to business analyst.
    I have been actively involved in some business analyst activities like requirement gathering, analysis, user stories creation etc. I adhere sound knowledge of Agile scrum methodology. In past, I also had onsite experience with client for requirement gathering, analysis and acted as liason between onsite and offshore and trained new people for that particular project.
    Can you please provide some information how I should move ahead? I am thinking of CBAP.
    --Krishna.

2. Om Prakash Bang

Om Prakash Bang Well-Known Member
    Alumni

Krishna, for CBAP you need to meet following criteria
    • Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) in the last 10 years
    • Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
    • Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
    • Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
    • Signed Code of Conduct
    You may apply for CCBA, If you don't have 7500 hours of BA Experience
    • Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis work experience aligned with the BABOK® Guide in the last seven years
    • Minimum 900 hours in two of the six knowledge areas or 500 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
    • Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
    • Minimum high school education or equivalent
    • Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP®) recipient
    • Signed Code of Conduct
    If you are planning for CCBA or CBAP, it is good to target for exam with in next 2-3 months.

http://www.simplilearn.com/project-management/cbap-preparatory-course-training

Please note IIBA has launched BABOK Version 3.0 on 15th April 2015. The timing to pursue certification is an individual decision. However, there is no need for individuals to wait for version 3 of BABOK® Guide to take their exam. The certification exams aligned to BABOK® Guide v3 and the revised certification program will be announced approximately 4-6 months in advance.

You may also consider PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) course as well.

3. Om Prakash Bang

Om Prakash Bang Well-Known Member
    Alumni

As per IIBA revised certification program will be announced approximately 4-6 months in advance. As per my knowledge, announcement related to certifications is expected in Nov 2015. As of now, it is safe to plan for an exam based on BABOK V2 until Feb 2016

ANJU MUKUNDAN likes this.
  4. ANJU MUKUNDAN

ANJU MUKUNDAN Member
    Alumni

Thanks for the Info!

5. Durvesh__1

Durvesh__1 New Member

Hello,

Myself Durvesh Churi, I am from Mumbai. I have 10 + years of Quality Assurance Experience. Currently I have completed with my BACP from Imarticus Institute, Mumbai. The course is covered as per the IIBA

I am planing to change my profile from QA to BA. Can you please provide some information how I should move ahead with the profile.

Thanks & Regards,
    Durvesh Churi

6. Sameer Govindan

Sameer Govindan Well-Known Member
    Alumni

My Colleague Raman, will email you with the course details within 24 hours.

7. Tathu849

Tathu849 New Member

If so, coming back to it, has your opinion on warmed, cooled, or do feel the same?