Contest: Get WACKY - Win courses worth $10,000 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shruti, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shruti

Shruti -

"One of my friends took up PMP training because she wanted to be her boss’ boss!" Crazy idea, isn’t it?

We loved this idea of hers! Do you share such crazy ambition as her? If yes, then we are here not only to listen to your crazy ideas but also to reward you for the same! Interested? Read along…

Tell us which course interests you and why? Give the craziest reasons why these courses interest you in the first place! The 10 wackiest reasons will win FREE access to any course of your choice.

Wait, there’s more on offer.....

Early Bird Offer -The first 5 craziest reasons posted shall win Amazon vouchers worth $25 (U.S and Non U.S) / INR 1500 (For India only)

HOW IT WORKS -
    [​IMG]

Terms & Conditions

Simplilearn is offering you the chance to win prizes by participating in the contest running on the Simplilearn Community. By submitting a post, you hereby acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted the terms of this Agreement in its entirety and agreed to be legally bound by such terms. For good and valid consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, and intending to be legally bound hereby, you and Simplilearn Community hereby agree as follows:

• This offer is not valid on CSM and CSPO course
    • Winners shall be eligible for free Classroom, Online or Online Classroom training sessions
    • Any Exam fee shall be paid by the member and Simplilearn will not be bearing the expenses for the same
    • Classroom trainings shall be awarded depending upon the locations available
    • This offer is not valid for Simplilearn employees/Simplilearn user groups on community
    • This offer is for a limited period only – (13th Jan 2015 - 31st Jan 2015)
    • Winners shall be announced on the forum on 2nd Feb 2015
    • The posts will be judged by panel of Simplilearn Trainers and their decision shall be final

2. Brian Bond

Brian Bond New Member
    Alumni

My kids say I'm crazy because I am always taking a class and trying to learn something to better myself. I earned my PMP using a Simplilearn and have taken several Simplilearn classes since then as they present the information in a very easy to understand format. I would like to continue to have my kids believe I'm crazy by entering this contest and taking the Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification training. I'm interested in this class because I am interested in IT service management and continual improvement and this class seems like the next logical step since I have earned my ITIL Expert certification.

Shruti likes this.
  3. Shruti

Shruti -

Congratulations Brian!! You win the first Amazon voucher worth $25 as an Early Bird Offer! We shall email you your voucher post contest period.

4. Sai Kalyan

Sai Kalyan New Member

My Friends, Co-Employees, & My Cousin always says iam expert in analysis. If i gave any analysis on the personally or work will give most precise results. Many of them are taking my analytic report. and i passionate to turn my carrer in to Anaytics and BigData [Data Scientist] - I'm intrested in to take course and certification on BigData and Hadoop Developer aswell Business Analytics [R Language] to make my carrer more analytic !

Want to See, Sai Kalyan - Data Scientist :)

5. Anastasia

Anastasia New Member

..and Project Management to rule them all
    Like in the "Lord of the Rings"
    The reason??
    Would like to take this course, because it is my profession, and I would like to great in it)
    Knowledge is the economy fuel! And I am the motor, ;)
    Thank you, Simplilearn!

6. Kode0

Kode0 New Member

Crazy idea? No way....

I'm shootin for my boss' boss' boss' boss job. Here's hoping simplilearn takes me close to my dream.

Project management and Microsoft all the way for an aviation professional.

William likes this.
  7. Andyb

Andyb New Member

I've been out of Aviation for a while and it's high time to get back into it. I figure, if you don't approach the runway, how are you supposed to take off, eh! I've 'helped' manage several projects, participated in more than one 'from the ground up' adventure, always ended up doing the majority of the work, yet feeling dissatisfied with my share of the credit. I've heard way to often, 'you, my friend, are worth much more', and I've heard it enough. Simplilearn will be the catalyst I'm looking for to achieve a smooth landing in my next adventure.

8. KAWyatt

KAWyatt New Member

Project Management seems to be the next and easiest step from Production Manager. I just need to refine the details. Besides my OCD will be better suited with being able to manage the production of a project. On that note; After reading the terms and conditions I soon realized (OCD) that this offer, although it is stated as (... a limited period only -) ; really never ends as there are only 31 days in January but it states that the offer ends on the (... 301st Jan 2015). I would love to see that day! We can skip everything in between and get right to the end of the year quickly except I kind of like the warm weather.
    It raises the question of the quality of instructions provided for the courses if the Terms and Conditions are not proof read before hand.
    Sorry but OCD tends to spot and question such things.

(see copy from Terms and Conditions below)
    • This offer is for a limited period only – (13th Jan 2015 - 301st Jan 2015)

Shruti Shah says - Thanks for pointing out the typo. We have updated the terms & conditions.Having said that, we want to ensure you that we conduct 500 workshops a month and have 24/7 support to help our customers and partners. Simplilearn has successfully trained 200,000+ professionals across the globe with 96% pass rate in professional certifications. Besides, we have 2000+ certified trainers worldwide to take care of exam preparations.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  9. Sandra Tortolero

Sandra Tortolero New Member

I have been in the Aviation field for 14 years in the operation area. I came to the US to study and become and expert in sustainable development in my beloved industry! I packed my two dogs, my husband and child, left all behind an made my bet to change my career within the same industry: Airlines!!!! I would love to win the Project management course to improve my skills and target my dream job!

10. Tony O'Brian

Tony O'Brian New Member

I would love to do the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification, because I recently graduated from law school and one of my professors used to constantly say "people go to law school because they are bad with numbers and business." I want to walk into his office with a new job outside of the legal field and prove that not only can I be a smart guy in the legal realm, but I can also be an astute business analyst and leader!

11. Darrell Govereau

Darrell Govereau New Member

I would LOVE to take the Six Sigma win it actually for this reason: I have been in Aviation for 30 years and would love to take over my boss' job in QA as I have been told I should have been there anyway!!!! Six Sigma will blow them all away and be a nice feather in my career cap!!

12. brocktriplets

brocktriplets New Member

I would like to take a Big data course, why? Well I generate a lot of data so I think I should know how to look at it.

13. Mhd Esmail Sharaf

Mhd Esmail Sharaf New Member

Crazy !!!!!!!!
    There is nothing crazy as my situation an circumstances !!!!!
    I am applying from Syria, where all kind of crazy happen, and we "thank God" still surviving. So I would like to have the opportunity to well study Project management so I one day can established my airlines company in this crazy country.
    I love aviation so my country and I am jobless now... so the clever thing to do in meanwhile have more courses and studies, but the craziest thing now is still being in this country and not leaving and that is me ......

Thanks

14. Blakeyboy

Blakeyboy Member
    Alumni

As an employee in the Aviation industry, I know first hand what is required to raise the standard within our company. I have had to learn the hard way how to do things that I had not received a formal education for. A lot of time and effort has gone into learning what I know - yet there is no certification received once I have self researched the process' and techniques to do a task. My boss knows that I am willing to learn and so tends to pass tasks on to me that would be better suited to someone who is qualified in that field. A major one being Quality Management within the company. I know that I deserve more as I have taken significant effort to learn beyond what I had originally studied. My boss does not agree as I am 'not certified'. Imagine his reaction when I let him know I have been certified in a relevant field and he no longer has any reason to not increase my worth in the company. Perhaps I might go down the path of quality management full time - as it is something I rather enjoy and is very rewarding..

Gale Wallace and Shruti like this.
  15. brian.shultz

brian.shultz New Member

Management is whacked! I spent an entire week troubleshooting a single Federation issue only to find the certificate used by the SAAS vendor has not been imported into the system. I work for a Fortune 50 company and I've been in this IdM support role for 2 years and I have yet to have any formal training on these Federation tool. Imaging what I could do with a little training! I would love to get back in software development.

Shruti likes this.
  16. Chad

Chad New Member

I would like to take a course in Big Data. I really dislike social media myself but, you know, I really want to know what everyone else is doing and sharing!

Shruti likes this.
  17. maharshi

maharshi New Member

Hi,
    I'm interested in Big data and Analytics. And I would like to analyze my company's products and provide them with some very untold or unrevealed facts and would end up getting a promotion

Shruti likes this.
  18. plunkg

plunkg New Member

I'm interested in the big data course because I want to work on making big data available to the little guy!

Shruti likes this.
  19. Abhishek

Abhishek Member
    Alumni

Course of Interest
    Big-Data and Hadoop Developer Certification Training

As a kid, I was not allowed to have any pets that couldn't fit and live in a (small) fish tank full of water. When I was 8 years old, my cousins got an English Cocker Spaniel named Mickey. Mickey was a tiny little pup full of energy. Every time he would see me, he would come running to me. And each time he would fail to bring his supercharged self to a stop on the marble flooring of the house and bump into me. It took him a while to figure that one out. He hit the teenage dog years pretty soon, while I still had some time to hit the teenage human years. Hence he grew to his adult size quite fast while I was still a kid. Those few years, whenever I would walk him, he would pretty much just drag me wherever he wanted to go. Chase after squirrels and rabbits. It was less me walking him and more him walking me. I would fall a lot and still have scars from back then on my knees. Not only that, Mickey would not be able to catch any of those squirrels or rabbits because now he had all my extra weight slowing him down! Poor Mickey, all his fun ruined. I felt terrible. :(

I loved Mickey to bits, and I would not want any other dogs to have their fun chasing furry lagomorphs and rodents ruined cause of the person walking them. I wouldn't want any people to end up with scars like me either. So, to make this world a better place for both pets and pet owners, I have embarked on a mission to ensure everyone (especially kids) get the right dogs as pets. I am collecting data on pet dogs and the families that own them, characteristics of the dogs and also people that walk them. For example: breed of the dog, its age, weight, each time they were unsuccessful in a chase etc. And the characteristics of the humans that walk them - age, height, weight, body composition (muscle to fat ratio), if they have ever encountered any physical difficulty or been hurt while walking/playing with the pet, at what stage of the pet's development did they encounter these problems etc.

As you can imagine, this survey is generating a lot of data (BIG DATA). Once I have all the data collected, I will have to clean it, normalize it, curate it and what not. Then I will have to analyze all this data to come up with the perfect match between potential pets and owners. Alas, I do not know how to deal with data volumes on this level though! What am I to do once I have all the data? Now only if there was some way I could learn the skills to handle such high volume of data and tools to process it as well. And that's when I came looking for that knowledge on SimpliLearn, and was pleased to find 'Big-Data and Hadoop Developer Certification Training.' This is exactly what I need to make this world a better place for pets and pet owners alike. And that is why Simplilearn should give me free access to this course. :)

English Cocker spaniel Puppy - Not Mickey.jpg English Cocker Spaniel - Not Mickey.jpg

For real though, I seriously want to learn about big data technology, especially Hadoop. Once I gain this knowledge, I would like to work at a fast growing startup performing data analysis and BI. In fact, I recently graduated with a Master of Science in Computer Engineering from a top tech school in the US, where I was also an instructor of record for two semesters, and also a course design assistant for a semester. So, Simpplilearn, this a shameless plug-in for myself. I am currently looking for a full-time opportunities that are challenging and require taking on significant responsibilities. Please message me and let me know if you would like to connect on Linkedin.

20. WeLivingood

WeLivingood New Member

I will never stop learning - I look for courses on subjects I have not yet broached - enlarging my horizons, e x p a n d i n g my thinking.

To Learn is To Live

William likes this.
  21. Raman Perumal

Raman Perumal New Member

I learn everyday.

22. Shruti

Shruti -

We liked the irony of the statement. So what's your definition of Social Media???

23. Fran Jav

Fran Jav New Member

I am interested in any course!!!! What is crazier than that? Just now I would like to spend my time learning something new.

24. Shruti

Shruti -

Appreciate your zeal for learning. We would love to know your interest areas though :)

25. Sheryl Wilson

Sheryl Wilson New Member

We hire applicants who are smarter than we are and I want to be smarter than my employees. ITIL is of interest as well as Big Data.

Shruti likes this.
  26. Alex Murray-Smith

Alex Murray-Smith New Member

MSc Crime and Forensic Science

... Because everyone wants to know 'who done it?'

27. Julia B

Julia B New Member

Just subscribed for Sales&Marketing courses:
    So I could sell your course like a boss!

28. Shruti

Shruti -

And you will be an interesting Boss then:)

29. Alv

Alv New Member

BI and Big Data
    Because I can't eat a raw steak? Did you know that 85% of data is raw!

Shruti likes this.
  30. Aldo Moran

Aldo Moran New Member

I want to take the IT Service Management Course because someone needs to teach our IT department how to do their job! With this course I would be able to run the IT department the way it should be and not wait a whole month for a new system that would take 5 mins to install!

31. Shruti

Shruti -

Interesting Fact! Would be interesting to hear your raw steak recipe after you take the course!!

32. moiaussi06

moiaussi06 New Member

Definitely big data and analytics. Being a Libra can take advantage of scale and make sure one item does not outweigh the other.

33. marla

marla New Member

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win you're still a rat"
    Lily Tomlin
    This rat thinks some PMP certification may help her become the big cheese some day or at least keep better track of it.

34. Swetha

Swetha New Member
    Staff Member

So, has the rat reserved a place big enough to pile up all the cheese she will get after getting certified?

35. Shirley Mitchell

Shirley Mitchell New Member

I would like to take Big Data & Analytics. No I'm not dead yet and I can still learn and I want to show the younger generation that I can do it!!!

36. Abhishek

Abhishek Member
    Alumni

I'm not able to edit my post. Been trying for three days now. My post is so wacky, I keep getting the error below. And the same error keeps popping up over and over again as I'm trying to reply it. Even my emails to the webmaster bounce back with a failed delivery message. My post broke Simplilearn's server haha. If that's not wacky enough, I don't know what is! :D

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@community.simplilearn.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.10 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at community.simplilearn.com Port 80

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  37. Payal Kumari

Payal Kumari New Member

One of mt teacher said me you are not a good programmer but now at that stage I want to be his teacher and let him know the power of a girl

38. Timothy Bennett

Timothy Bennett New Member

I don't believe in random events. Random events are just triggered by data we don't understand yet. My hope is that, with the new capabilities provided to us through big data analytics, we will be able to answer some of life's toughest questions.

Shruti likes this.
  39. Linus

Linus Administrator
    Staff Member

Good to see so much interest in Big Data:)!

40. Sveta

Sveta New Member

I am one of the enthusiasts, who would like to change the world of business and IT and their perceptions. IT is not an enemy of the business and the business is not an enemy of the IT industry.The key to everything is the knowledge, that is why I am interested in IT service management, ITIL, TOGAF and Project management. First you learn and then you apply that wisdom and in the every day's life. Continuous improvement could not be achieved without continuous learning.

Shruti likes this.
  41. misraabhishek

misraabhishek New Member
    Alumni

Ah! I was falling behind at work without the Black Belt certification. I am a business consultant and certifications make hell of a difference on the career path.
    The normal process of Classroom coaching would have taken me months.
    I took the 30 days subscription and spent time on it while travelling, in the airport lounge, in the loo also(on my tab).
    My wife was worried "whats so special in the laptop that he spends so much time with it." Probably jealous too!
    When I got the certification with 93% she was so proud of me
    .Now I am gunning for the financial modelling classes!

William and Shruti like this.
  42. tbishop1

tbishop1 New Member

Most successful cultures throughout history have reverred their elders and relied on their wisdom for guidance. Current cultures appear more youth focused, tending to disregard the wisdom of the aged, and perhaps as a consequence we are closer to a self created species extinction than we've ever been. While I completely understand wanting to be your boss's boss, having myself been subjected to the torture of incompetent, immature supervision.. . I'm setting my goals somewhat higher. Higher learning helps me on two fronts. Initially, it assists with combating age discrimination. Secondarily, it keeps me sharp and prepares me for positions of sufficient responsibility to address the larger issues of human policy making that ultimately move us towards sustainability or the destruction of our planet. Really.. . not quite what you had in mind for a contest entry? How Wacky is That!

William likes this.
  43. Guy Larkin

Guy Larkin New Member

I am sick and tired of the data people acting like they're so much better than everyone else. I want to show them what happens when you combine social and communication skills with real knowledge, so that they will have to eat it.

44. William

William Member

Why I should be Six Sigma Certified (A song by Will I Am)

As I sing my song. About all my accomplishments. :)..

Bachelor Computer Information Systems. C♯♫ Associate of Arts Business Administration♪
    I lament all the day long..o_O..
    Graduate Flexsim Simulation Modeling. ♫

Got more than most... A lot more than some.:rolleyes:....

MCSE, ♩ MCSA♭ CompTIA-A+ ♫ CompTIA-N+ ♫ GATF/PIA CS ♪ GATF/PIA CP ♪ GATF/PIA CW ♪

But Six Sigma Black I should have done..:(...

I can Quantify... and Rectify....Plug it all together....Support it.. Report it...With one keystroke......Those Germans say; "Was ist das? Die Lichter gehen aus auf der Straße, nicht wahr? Like a Keyboard Ninja, a cowboy of the Digital Highway.! ;)But alas, still the Directors say "No Will I Am, you may not run this project today..:confused:.. ONLY Six Sigma Lean can play!!" :mad:

Shruti likes this.
  45. Dan French

Dan French New Member

Look Ladies and Gentlemen, No Vini Vidi Vici with out training!!! :cool:

46. William

William Member

BUWHAHAHA!!! ^5 May we perhaps Vidi, Vidi...till our Vini gets tired?
    suus ' adepto dominos ostium !! Or as Michael Keaton's 5th copy says in Multiplicity....I love pizza!

47. Mallikarjun

Mallikarjun Member
    Alumni

I would like to do TOGAF course because my wife has asked me to grow up!!

48. Vishal Sivala

Vishal Sivala New Member

50 % off on online courses (code: republic50 ) :D !! And I want to learn Big data and Hadoop, so i'm taking up the course :p :p

49. Sammi Lane

Sammi Lane New Member

I want to learn more about security because the lack of security in small businesses astounds me. Working for an ISP I regularly spoke with small businesses who have little or no security. Call me crazy but I think maintaining the security and data integrity in a business is paramount.

William likes this.
  50. William

William Member

Mallikarjun, Brother go back its' a trap! ;]

Mallikarjun and Shruti like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.