Contest: Get WACKY - Win courses worth $10,000 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Shruti, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaya Nyikana

Khaya Nyikana New Member

I want to show my Boss's Boss that I can complete all my task and projects on time & budget and prove to my colleagues that projects can be complete in any environment as long as you keep to the basics and learn the Principles of PM. I trust that Simplilearn will entrust me with the Knowledge.

2. Shruti

Shruti -

Sir, you might have heard the old saying with two rules, Rule 1) Wife is always right, Rule 2) If wife is not right, then follow rule 1 :)

Mallikarjun and William like this.
  3. John Macharia

John Macharia New Member
    Alumni

I love project management and would love to pursue a course in PMI and not only enhance my career but personal growth.

4. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

Wackiest reasons interested in Sales & Marketing, and Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Curate our own quality education in pajamas. Learn & finish, not just take or enroll. Challenge left brain. Instead of figuring out how to skip class, we skip snoozing through boring lectures (body present, mind gone elsewhere). Done living in a box, working in a box, and driving in a box. On line learning allows us to erase geographical boxes and connect with teachers, mentors, and peers across the globe. Thrilling to complete online educational courses; you feel like a gold medal Olympian.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    William likes this.
  5. William

William Member

However, over 70% of data is made up! ;)

Shruti likes this.
  6. William

William Member

If a man makes a comment in the Forrest and his wife is not there to here it. Is he still wrong? :rolleyes:

7. arema212

arema212 New Member

I need a TOGAF course because of I want to be in this industry until I die...
    Previously I had been taken CISCO course, CISA course, PMP course and now will be TOGAF...

8. Davor - CRO

Davor - CRO New Member
    Alumni

I am young, two days ago turned 27, and in the beginnings of the project management world, constantly eager to new learning materials that can help me become better in project management field.
    I am familiar with simplilearn courses and I know that they are awesome, i truly hope that i will be selected to enjoy again in attending them.

9. Heiko Scholze

Heiko Scholze New Member

The current reason is, that I (48 years old) don't have a Bachelor or Master degree. My co-worker is much younger and has a Bachelor. Also he is relatively new in the company. He got more money, only because he has a Bachelor.
    I experienced many cases, where only I knew a solution for a problem, anyway there is no chance for a change of the situation.
    So I think, if I now can show a Microsoft certificate I will get the possibility to be better than my co-worker, not only in problem solutions, but also on the paper!
    Crazy? CRAZY!

10. michalpristas

michalpristas New Member

Perfection is the key. Perfection is my key to land a job, which allows me to work from home remotely (not more than 500 miles from home in a city i don't even like) 6 hours a day, from an office I dream about:
    just picture a gym, regular fitness full of heavy iron and whacky machines, where people sweat and stink, chalk is in the air and in the corner of this gym on top floor is room made of glass, where one weird man sits every day. He's there writing code for some well known company [stack exchange let's say], not his own. He does not need software company of his own. He's happy to contribute to the idea of somebody else. And every time he looks down to the gym, full of people lowering stress levels every minute, he feels satisfied that he can help to provide them this luxury. Well, I want to be that man, but for know I'm sitting in an office trying to have positive cash balance at the end of the month

11. rlsteadman

rlsteadman New Member

Some days I feel like wearing a tie ... and some days I don't. Either way, I want to be doing something that I enjoy at a company that I can be proud to work for. So if I want to polish my shoes, and borrow an outfit from the cover of GQ just to go in and work from a corner office, I want that option. Just as much as I would like the option to work in board shorts next to the pool. Maybe I want to wear my tie with my shorts by the fire on a snowy day. Any way it happens, I just want to secure the job that I can enjoy. To get there, I'm going to need to have more training to round out my vocational experience.

Project Management is the only topic that I don't currently have any formalized training in. My interest in better understanding what it takes to understand the entire scope of a project, and all of it's intricate little pieces is becoming innate. I enjoy knowing the end goal, and walking (or running, if need exists) through all of the necessary steps to get there.

So here's to learning what it takes to manage myself and any project better. All to achieve the goal of wanting to do what has to be done while still enjoying the overall process. (And if I can do so by the beach, in a great office, or on the side of a mountain, that would be AWESOME)

Shruti likes this.
  12. Shruti

Shruti -

I Admire your Work from Beach / Mountain idea :)

13. Marina

Marina New Member

On my current job I have been working on VB6 and I'm sick of it. The company will be moving to new technology. However, our Director of Engineering thinks that you cant teach an old dog new tricks. I want to prove him wrong.

14. Dan Krueger

Dan Krueger New Member

I'm tired of being the pee-on. I want to be in charge of the pee-ons! With the right PMP training, I will show those management types that we techies can overcome our introverted tendencies and do more in this world! Help me help them oh wise Simplilearn Trainers!

15. JR Nunez

JR Nunez New Member

I want to take the SAS Base Programmer Certification training so that I can escape the suburban nightmare I find myself trapped in and move somewhere bigger and better (preferably somewhere with a beach).

16. Cheryl Hartman

Cheryl Hartman New Member

I was a computer scientist before my daughter was born. She is gong off of college next year to study Computer Science and I want to get back into software development before she starts working in the field but I need to update my skills. Its a race!

17. Ricky Lo

Ricky Lo New Member

I want to disprove the myth about human using only 10% of our brain by learning something new.

18. NileshMPrabhu

NileshMPrabhu New Member
    Alumni

I have 15 years of IT experience and during this period I was "privileged" to have worked with some project managers who were neither technical expert nor a domain expert. And it was always a tough task to convince these guys about a particular approach to a problem. I guess having a Pmp certificate certainly will give an edge when i have to deal with such nuts in future.

Besides I heard good reviews about simplilearn and therefore it is my first choice as a pmp course provider.

19. James Trethowan

James Trethowan New Member
    Alumni

It has to be Prince2 for me. Ever since I was Prince certified and my subjects rebelled and deposed me of my throne I've wanted to do Prince2. Obviously the new improved version will allow me to rule better and devise a simple but effective method fopr my subjects to follow.

TechmasterT likes this.
  20. TechmasterT

TechmasterT New Member

Crazy / insane - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

So let’s break that down fellow IT people - I'll start with printers. The printer jams every single day; you fix it; and think it won’t jam again. That’s Crazy/Insane.

Users - You reset the same users password every X months, thinking they will finally understand to change their password before it expires. But on X+1 day they call you again. That’s Crazy/Insane.

You setup redundant everything; thinking that you are covered, only to spend the weekend in the server room because your redundancy wasn't redundant enough - That’s Crazy/Insane.

Which course interests me? Any of them that get me away from my users for a day, heck even 4 hours so I don’t feel like I am going crazy; but I were to chose I’d get the most use out of PM or CompTIA.

21. Tim Stanley

Tim Stanley Member

To simply Rule the World

22. Tim Stanley

Tim Stanley Member

The ITIL courses so that I can continue my work to disprove the Chaos Theory of IT.

23. Lester Phelps III

Lester Phelps III New Member

After years of planning and preparation, I am ready to move onto the next phase of world domination by building a new Death Star. It's painfully obvious that the initial Imperial Army Corp of Engineers had the design and project build phases all wrong, and through poor project management and lowest bidder mentality to cut costs at the end, the original Death Star was ultimately destroyed. With the proper PMP and ITIL certifications in place, I will be able to submit an offer to manage the Death Star rebuild project from the Imperial Army, and help crush the Rebel Alliance once and for all.

24. Todd C Thibault Sr.

Todd C Thibault Sr. New Member

In my section of interest I had to choose only one option which was Project Management. However I would like to getinto Big Data and SAS R training. As a former IT, Computer Engineering, Programming, and Networking Engineering Educator in public High Schools for the last 14 years, I have found it difficult to get my foot in the proverbial IT door. I think the courses offered here would help me break open the barriers as I continue my search for an open door and life back in the corporate jungle. Craziest Idea would have to be if I won I would share it with 5 other people.

25. Shelley

Shelley New Member
    Alumni

I would love to take the Quality Management (Six Sigma) course because then at least I could be a Green or Black belt in something that won't hurt me!!

26. Kerry Voss

Kerry Voss New Member

Well! call me crazy then, I am a 51 year old single father of a 5 year old. I have too much free time, so I roam the internet looking for free education. I stumbled across this free education article by accident, in a linked in post. Hallelujah! Praise the lord! I am so blessed to get an opportunity like this I am overwhelmed! I was in school at ITT-Tech but I can no longer go because I can't find anyone to take care of my baby at 6 pm-12 pm don't blame anyone those are tough hours. So I look forward to YouTube videos on programming and network systems administration so one day I will be able to return to school and have a head start at the courses.

27. Richard Berrios

Richard Berrios New Member

I've always wanted to dress like Dick Tracy and bust the bad guys! That's why I'm interested in network security! :)

28. Taher

Taher New Member

29. Gregr1969

Gregr1969 New Member

If I took the certs I wanted with Simplilearn, I'd run and own the company

30. Michael Crump

Michael Crump New Member

I would either take the CISSP, ITIL, or PMP certifications to become one of three future self individuals. The IT Security professional, the IT Service / Support professional, or the IT Management professional. The future self of the individual AKA Michael Crump, with one of these certifications in hand, would be able to concentrate his focus on Cloud Security, Cloud Support, or Cloud Management. The destined Return-in-Investment (ROI) of one of those Cloud Certifications would be the completion of being certified in the IoT (Internet of Things,) so when the Technological Singularity is present in the near future, the individual FKA Michael Crump, can be competent and relevant enough to pursue the life long goal of being certified in the Knowledge of Information (KoI,) thereby creating a new certified I.T path for those beings that are beyond human.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  31. Chris Gibson

Chris Gibson New Member

I would like to take a course in Project Management because I can't Manage to get a Project done without it!!!

32. Pavel

Pavel New Member

I love one nice girl, this will let me get a big rise and be able to feed her well as she deserves!

33. PJ Ross

PJ Ross New Member

Crazy is working full time and going to college full time at night. Driving to the closest college often meant spending more time on the road than actually in class. Taking almost a decade to get a '4 year' degree, and all of the content being outdated before graduation.

34. Shruti

Shruti -

Congratulations to all the winners listed below:

Early Bird Prize Winners -
    Brian Bond
    Kalyan Sai
    Anastasia
    Kode0
    Andyb

Wackiest Post – Winners (Click on names to see their entries):

Abhishek - Big Data
    Alv - Big Data
    Marla - PMP
    William – Six Sigma
    Dan Krueger - PMP
    James TrethowanPRINCE2
    Tim Stanley - ITIL
    ShelleySix Sigma
    Richard Berrios Security
    Mallikarjun - TOGAF

Winners – Claim your Prize before 12th Feb 2015. All the Prizes shall be delivered via email by 19th Feb,

How to Claim :

1. Visit our website www.simplilearn.com
    2. Check the courses as per your choice in the post ( mentioned against your name above)
    3. Select whether you want Classroom* / Instructor led Online Classroom* / Online course
    4. Send a private message to me with the following details : Course, Course Mode, location, Date*, time (EG- If your category is Big Data then message the following
    Big Data and Hadoop Developer Certification Training – Online Classroom – Houston –
    Mar 21 - Mar 29 (10:00 - 18:00)

5. Early Bird Winners – Send a private message to me with your email ids where you wish to receive the voucher.

* If classroom or instructor led – select batches only after 20th Feb, 2015

Congratulations once again to all wackiest winners!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.