Course Not Keeping Track of Modules Completed

Discussion in 'Simplilearn Support' started by Rudy Sagers(4207), Jan 19, 2016.

1. Rudy Sagers(4207)

Alumni

Dear Support Team,

I am currently taking the online course of Microsoft Project 2013 course. Last week, I was 43% complete. Now the course is showing that I am 17% complete. The course is now showing modules that I have taken in the past to be "not taken". This is not reflective of a good LMS system. Please advise.....

2. Rudy Sagers(4207)

Alumni

How long does it take to get a reply to a support request? Not looking good for taking additional courses on this site! I will start to look at other learning sites like Lynda.com and others if I can't get a more timely reply! Thank You.....

3. Alisha_1

Alisha_1 Simplilearn Support Community Manager
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support

Hi Rudy,

I regret the delay in acknowledging your concern,

We have launched a new user interface due to which the discrepancy might have occurred. We are looking into your complaint, please allow us 24-48 hours to resolve your concern. We will compensate the learning time lost by extending the e-learning access. Your ticket reference number is 804467

4. Willie Loh(3106)

Willie Loh(3106) Active Member
    Alumni

Same here it happen to the modules not be registered as completed.

There is even lag issue and frequent crash of the browser due to the error message

5. Rudy Sagers(4207)

Alumni

I would like to "echo" the technical concern that Willie Loh has registered as " Same here it happen to the modules not be registered as completed. There is even lag issue and frequent crash of the browser due to the error message". In addition, the sound on the videos is going "in and out". This is very frustrating as it does not make any sense to move forward on any of these modules until this issue is fixed. Alisha, you indicated that you would get back to me within 24-48 hours. I have not heard from you today...so I will wait until tomorrow to look for your reply and/or fix to this issue. Looking forward to a positive resolution to this problem! Very frustrated as time is an issue with this course. Thank you....

6. Alisha_1

Hi @Willie @Rudy,

I acknowledge your concern, request you to please perform basic troubleshooting steps mentioned below and let me know if the issue is fixed:

Kindly, update your flash player using : https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    If you are using Home network, you can perform following steps:
    1) Delete Cookies.
    2) Update the Flash Player.
    3) You can try using a different browser, Eg: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.

If you are using office network, you can perform the following steps:
    1) Open IE. Go to Tools> Internet Options.
    Switch to the "Advanced" Tab.’
    Scroll down to the "Multimedia" sub-heading.
    Make sure the box next to "Play sounds in web pages" is checked. Click "ok". Restart Internet Explorer. Test to see if sounds will now play.
    2) Delete Cookies.
    3) Update the Flash Player.
    4) You can try using a different browser, Eg: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.

Meanwhile, I have also escalated the issue to the concerned team, to check if this is user specific or a group issue.

@Rudy, Please allow me additional 24 hours to get initial issue fixed.

7. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

I had accessed using mobile apps and it is not updated.

In the end I had to use desktop access and it seems Flash kept crashing and I had to refresh many times to reload the screen .

I Had updated to the latest flashplayer. (Flashplayer is autoupdate in Chrome)

Hope Simplilearn solve the lag issue and access status, if no it is really frustrating.

To raise the confidence to all course takers, I guess Simplilearn would need to extend 1 week to all the members regardless whether they had reported the case or not.

8. Alisha_1

Hi Willie,

I tried calling you but there was no response. Please let me know a stipulated time to call you so that we can discuss the issues over the phone.

We are aware of certain issues and there are a few up-gradation to be done upon which we are continuously working. Hopefully the same should be fixed within next 2-3 working days.

9. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Hi Alisha

I had reply your email.

The page keep crashing on me. I had to reload the page.

10. Alisha_1

Hi Willie,

As discussed over the phone with my colleague LMS is working fine on IE browser, if the issue arises once again you will let us know by tomorrow i,e 24th Jan'16

11. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Hi Alisha

IT seem like IE(Ms Edge in Windows 10) is loading a blank page instead of site. as requested by your LMS support to monitor. Now it is a blank page

I do not agree with you that it is the browser not LMS.

It seem like the browser can load the LMS that are running on the browser, could it be other reasons that might cause of the issue.

12. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

I had to reload the Ms Edge to re-start the session.

13. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

What happen to the lost times and the times to rerun the session?

14. Alisha_1

Hi Willie,

I believe that reloading Ms Edge helped in accessing LMS through EI browser, Yesterday we ran a patch file to restore all the progress related issues, this has restored all the progress you had on the course, kindly check and get back to us on the ticket number 804624.

15. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Hi Alisha

my unhappiness is as follow

- the lost time the upgrade taken instead of an hour

- the lost time to rerun the various courses on mobile apps that need to rerun on desktop again around a period between tuesday and today.

some course i run in this morning , the progress were not updated

- the timeout using chrome

- the script error in firefox

- All other members are given another 11 days of extended subscription and why not we are the ones who make noise.

regards

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  16. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Enclosed is the one example of Course status not updated.

I already at Lesson 2 - Define and part of Lesson 00 and Lesson 01 not updated since both were run on mobile apps.

Attached Files:

17. Alisha_1

Hi Willie,

We are aware of the issue that the course progress done on the app is not reflecting on desktop LMS and the course progress not being updated on real time basis.We are working on this and the same would be fixed by 27th Jan 2016.

As a token of service failure we are giving all our customers who has faced inconvenience due to LMS issues an extension of the course for 30 days. This will be given to you as well once the issue is resolved.

With regards to Firefox and Google chrome issue I would request you to please report this through your LMS itself through "report issue" tool as this is user specific.

I appreciate your patience, kindly give us time to resolve all the LMS related issues till 27th Jan'16.

18. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Thanks Alisha for the prompt reply and wait patiently for the issue to be resolved.

Regards

19. Alisha_1

@Rudy Sagers(4207)

I see that you have gone through the course once again in the last two days and the progress now is 42%, our product team has restored the course progress last night. Kindly check if you are still facing lag and if the content is still hanging.

Further, we have activated a report issue tool on the LMS to help you report them instantly. Please click on the "Report issue" widget present on the right hand side of the LMS interface and enter the details.

20. Alisha_1

@Willie,

Good Morning, I hope you are doing well and fine.

I would like to inform you that, the learning logs issue has been sorter and the same is updated upto date and is accurate.

Further, I see that you have rerun the course and the progress which was lost between the integration of Mobile app and desktop LMS between 19th to 22nd Jan has been recovered and with a validity extension I hope you wold be able to continue learning without a hassle.

I hope the issues are now resolved, please get back to me with a confirmation if I could close the ticket number 804624.

21. Willie Loh(3106)

Alumni

Hi Alisha

The issue had been resolved and it is back to normal. Although there are still lags but it is bearable.

BTW So how I know that the subscription had been extended for another 1 month?

22. Alisha_1

Hi Willie,

Thank you for confirming that the issue is resoved. With regards to lags thi should be fixed at the earliest as we are constantly upgrading the LMS.

I have given you a 30 days extension on 25th Jan'16 from 330 days to 360, now since 11 days are passed you can see the validiy of 349 days in your LMS.

Thank you for your patience.