Course progress not tracking (no check marks)

Discussion in 'Simplilearn Support' started by Amber Keeney, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Amber Keeney

Amber Keeney Member
    Alumni

I've now completed lesson 7 of the PMP self-study course, however, the check marks only appear on some of the lessons. Based on the other posts on the board, it seems like this is a recurring issue. Please let me know how to resolve.

Nikhil Anil Deshpande likes this.
  2. Alisha_1

Alisha_1 Simplilearn Support Community Manager
    Staff Member Simplilearn Support

Hi Amber,

I see that you have completed modules fro 7.1 to 7.3 and the rest are yet to be completed. When I tried to go through the next module i,e 7.4 and 7.5 the course progress got updated as well as the check mark against the module is marked.

The only point where the module will be marked unchecked is when the course progress is dragged. Kindly let the same play by its own (You an pause/replay if required) and the progress will get updated accurately.

3. Amber Keeney

Amber Keeney Member
    Alumni

That's not the case. I have completed Modules 1-7. There are many areas throughout the lessons where the check mark will not appear - not just within lesson 7. I have replayed some of them 3 times trying to get the check mark to appear. I should be around 50% complete, but it only shows 33% complete. Please advise.

mandlisto likes this.
  4. mandlisto

mandlisto Member
    Alumni

I agree with Amber, the same is happening to me. repeated the modules but the progress does not move and it's not checked.

5. Padmavati

Padmavati Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

We checked both your accounts and tried to access the modules. The time logs as well as course progress is working fine. The modules which are accessed are getting tick marked.

However, we have kept your accounts under observation for another 3-4 days. Please access the course normally as much as you can. We will review your account and time logs on Monday. If the issue persists, we will escalate it to our concerned team and get it fixed for you.

6. Beth_6

Beth_6 Member

I am having the same issue with the CBAP course. It started when I dragged the play backwards to relisten to a part. From that point forward, it did not recognize any of the sections as having been completed, even when I didn't touch the progress bar.

7. Kristian Nejsum

Same issue here. The CompTIA A+ course completion number is annoyingly stuck on 99% in spite of repeated playbacks - and for the CompTIA Network+ it is seemingly stuck at 0%. The issue seemingly persists across browsers and cookie removals.

C Tomlinson likes this.
  8. Alisha_1

Hi @Kristian Nejsum,

I went through your account and see that in CompTIA A+ course you have missed certain modules, to name them it is 2.14, 4.23, 5.14, 11.9, 11.28, and 11.33 because of which the course progress shows 99%. Kindly go through the mentioned modules once and the course progress will be updated to 100%.

Further, I see that you have gone through only one module of CompTIA Network+ which is module 1.4. Kindly go through the modules accordingly and the course progress will be updated as and when it has to.

9. Alisha_1

HI @Beth_6,

I tried replicating the same in your account. Rewind and then left the course progress move by itself and see that the course progress sis getting updated as well as the course module has got the check mark. Please check once again andd get back to us with the module where the progress is not gettting check marked along with the screenshot.

10. Beth_6

Beth_6 Member

I have discovered that once a section is not checked properly, I need to logout of my account, log back in, and then try it again. Even that is not a guarantee--today, after doing that twice, I finally rebooted my system and was able to get the playing of the module to "take".

This has happened on two of the three modules I've gone through. The first time, it happened after I dragged the progress bar backwards to replay part of a slide. Today, I didn't touch the progress bar but it happened anyway.

I am not particularly pleased with this difficulty. I don't know what a screenshot would show you, but if it happens again I will take a shot and post it.

C Tomlinson likes this.
  11. Alisha_1

Hi @Beth_6,

To reitrate I believe you are saying that once you go through the module it is not updating the check mark real time and you need to logout and login once again to see the status updated. I agree with you that, this could be the case but when we are replicating the same from our end, the status is being updated real time. Please do get back with the screenshot if the same reoccurs and we will take this further.

12. Johnathon Broekhuizen

Adding onto this discussion...

I'm working on the CompTIA A+. I'm watching all of the videos in realtime, no clicking in the timeline bar. Intermittently, my lessons stop being tracked. In order to fix this, I have to completely logout, clear my cache, restart my browser, and continue from where the lesson stopped being tracked.

Based on my issue, this is not user error, this is a bug that is absolutely infuriating and takes DOUBLE the time to complete courses because I need to go back and let the videos play through again in order to show completion. This issue needs more attention.

Michael Rochin and C Tomlinson like this.
  13. Alisha_1

Hi Johnathon,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we got it reconfirmed from our technical team that while the course progress bar is working fine there are a few customers who are facing issues where the progress is not being marked accurately, one of the reason could be due to internet connectivity being slow. In your case I see that this is not because of internet issue, this bug will be fixed by Friday 4th of March'16. Post that this issue will not reoccur.

Further, I see that you have redone the course and have completed CompTIA A+ training. Our apology for the inconvienience caused.

14. Kristian Nejsum

Clearly there is a mismatch between what your system tells you and the end user experience I have. I don't skip around in the course material - I follow the preset order exactly, letting each lesson play in its entirety without dragging the player bar. The intermittent progress tracking issues occur regardless - sometimes a complete cookies and cache clearing seems to rectify the problem for a while, and other times it has seemingly no effect.

15. Monica Mellier Reagan

Alumni

I had the same issue on 3/2/16. I spent several hours watching videos only to find a fraction of them showed I completed my viewing. Will it count against me completing my certificate?

16. Isabel_1

Isabel_1 New Member

Same here... I have the same issue.

17. Alisha_1

Hi Kristian, Monica and Isabel,

I would like to inform you that, we are aware of this technical issue, we are working on this rigorously to get it fixed. Last night we fixed the issue for majoriry of our customers. We are looking into your complaints, please allow us 2-3 business days to update you on this.

18. Alisha_1

Hi @Kristian,

I see that Comptia A+ course is marked 100% complete now and the course progress for Comptia Network + course has moved upto 35%. You can continue learning to complete the course percentage. Happy Learning.

19. Alisha_1

Hi All,

@monica, Please let us know the modules where you have completed it and it does not show up. We will need the module number in order to fix the issue. Your ticket reference number is 819506.

@Isabel, The issue has been resolved for your account and I see that all the module are marked appropriately and you are almost about to complete lesson 6. Ticket reference number is 819552.

Happy Learning!

20. Kristian Nejsum

Yes - clearing cookies combined with logging out and back in seems to mitigate the problem pretty well now.

21. Alisha_1

Thank you for the confirmation Kristian.