Cultural aspects - OPAs

Discussion in 'PMP' started by _49203, Aug 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

1. _49203

_49203 Active Member

Hi @timjerome,

I really appreciate your assistance with understanding how to read these questions.

1) Please help me understand why it is not C. I was torn between B and C, and read the 2nd sentence to imply that it is the company/organization's first time doing business in the ME, so the OPAs wouldn't have much guidance specific to cultural aspects...

You are trying to partner with a firm in the Middle East. This is the first time you will be doing a business partnership in the Middle East. You want to know about the cultural aspects of the country and get some guidelines on doing business as well. Which would be the best document to refer to?

Project archives from earlier projects
    Organization policies and procedures
    Cultural overview from government website
    PMIĀ®
    Correct Option:B

-------

2) The 3rd sentence, "This was included on the deliverable list," led me to believe that while the clause was interpreted differently by both parties, the deliverable was already part of the deliverable list in the scope baseline.... so it wouldn't fall under claims administration.

During project execution, the customer interprets a clause in the contract differently and demands an elaborate design document as part of the next deliverable. This was included on the deliverable list. What is the best you can do to resolve the situation?

Change the contract and continue with your project work
    Accept the customer's demand as he is the one responsible for the project's success
    Raise a complain to the project sponsor along with the implications of accepting such a request on the schedule and cost of the project
    Document the dispute and refer to the claims administration
    Correct Option:D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM