Data Science with Python | Amitendra

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Nishant_Singh, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Nishant_Singh

Nishant_Singh Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

2. Shyam Koppikar

This folder is blank! Pl remind Ravi to place his docs on this.. Thanks.... Shyam Koppikar

3. Shyam Koppikar

This folder is also blank, Nishant!..Pl remind Amit to post his docs here... Shyam Koppikar

4. Mahesh_774

Mahesh_774 New Member

Hi , I not able to install Anaconda in windows 7 ,its keep on giving error like " install failed to create menus" , i gone through some work around , still same issue .

1) I not installed jdk , there is no path in my system .
    2) I not installed any python .

Please let me know if any steps have to fallow :)

5. M_51

M_51 Member

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot to you and Simpli Learn Team for making our curriculum easier to understand. As such I'm very new to DS Modules - SAS, R, Python, ML and others except for Excel, Tableau, SQL concepts.. I was finding it difficult during my last interaction with a well qualified Faculty in Python.. I had almost one step closer to jumping off to next module by skipping Python and making it the last one to complete.

Somehow, I've seen the reason for staying back.. and that reason was you. I know a simple thanks wouldn't suffice to say that Your presence does make a Humongous impact.. :)

Thanks a lot..Great to have you.. as my "Sensei" in Python..

M Abhijeeth

6. Vikas Kumar_18

Vikas Kumar_18 Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Because some DLL file would be missing or old windows system. Request you to upgrade the windows in 10 and it would work fine.

7. Nitin Sarna_1

Nitin Sarna_1 New Member

Hi Amitendra,

Attaching campaign assignment.

Please review & provide your inputs which I can work for the completion of assignment

Nitin Sarna

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  8. Erik Larson

Erik Larson Member

I'm trying to count the number of NA' in a column in PANDAS.
    When I type" FAA_new['ACFT_MAKE_NAME'].isna() " I get a list of 82 records, with a few NaN's.
    I figured a simple way to find this was to count().

FAA_new['ACFT_MAKE_NAME'].isna().count()
    This returns 83 records, which I know is incorrect because a number of those records were NaN.

Am I using the count() function wrong?

9. Erik Larson

Erik Larson Member

When I look at my account it looks like I'm not getting credit for the sessions I'm attending. How do I fix this? Also, I was added late. Am I able to complete the class requirement?

10. Erik Larson

Erik Larson Member

I'm trying to use PANDAS for some analysis at work. Essentially, it's trying to get a count based on a multiple groupby() scenario and then put that count back into the DataFrame as its own column. I can't provide the data here, but we could use the Titanic data set for an example.
    The problem with the Titanic DataSet would be: "Create a new column that has the number of males per class (Pclass)?"
    Desired Result: This would have a new column that lists the number males / class for every row.
    Example Result: If there were 5 males in 1st class. Then every row in the DataFrame for this scenario (Male in 1st class) would have the number 5 in the new column for "Gender Count per Class".
    I keep trying a lot of different things and am getting stuck on how to solve this problem. I'd appreciate the help.
    - THANKS!