Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Data Science with Python | Ayushi Shukla | May 22 - June 26 | 2021

@Simplilearn Simplilearn @ayushishukla Out of my busy schedule, I am loosing my quality time to attend the live classes, It would be much appreciated if there is an early information on topic that will be covered in the class, based on that I can prioritize and plan my schedule.
Also I was informed that the batch size is going to be 15, but looks like around 50+ are in a batch which is consuming lot more time to answer the queries, please address this issue.

I want to complete this course as early as possible. All I want is some guidance to work on projects for which I only need a mentor to get guidance.
Who will be the right person and how do I contact him/her ?
Also I want 1-1 session at-least once with any of the faculty/mentor to get clear picture on what I am learning and how to do that.

@Simplilearn Simplilearn @ayushishukla Out of my busy schedule, I am loosing my quality time to attend the live classes, It would be much appreciated if there is an early information on topic that will be covered in the class, based on that I can prioritize and plan my schedule.
Also I was informed that the batch size is going to be 15, but looks like around 50+ are in a batch which is consuming lot more time to answer the queries, please address this issue.
@SadaShiva Prasad Please do the needful

Amy Wang

age=input('How old are you")
name=input('What's your name')
print (f 'So, your name is {name} and you are {age} years old')

In the above example, what does f do? Why is it necessary to add it?

Last edited:

madhur_58

Guys we can share our concern and queries here for this course.
I am just concerned about the content of the course and how we are proceeding.
we just go through slides and the instructor just reads from that.
We started with lab today and it was all over the place in the beginning.

Hi Ayushi. In the upgraded assignment please explain the last point:

Cell 6 (rendered as Markdown): Using Markdown or HTML, this cell must include at least 3 of the
following: horizontal rule, bulleted list, numbered list, tables, hyperlinks, images, code/syntax
highlighting, blocked quotes, strikethrough.

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Guys we can share our concern and queries here for this course.
I am just concerned about the content of the course and how we are proceeding.
we just go through slides and the instructor just reads from that.
We started with lab today and it was all over the place in the beginning.

Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Hi! Is it possible to do 2 courses consecutively? like if i am enrolled in "Data science with Python" in 7.30 pm-11.30 pm batch, then can i also enroll for machine learning course from 9.00 am to 1.00pm or 6.00 am to 9.00am batch?

This f string is also known as the literal string to insert a variable into the string and make it part so instead of doing

without f string it would be written as :
print ('So, your name is '+ name +' and you are '+age+' years old')

So to avoid such complex string we use f string.

Hello everyone,
A suggestion to help you in this course. I understand most of us are going thru a hard time catching up with this course.
I am devoting extra time to learn maths and stats required for this course. Most of the things i already learnt but i needed a refresher on both esp. stats.
For stats:
i found a great course on stats on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/c/BrandonFoltz/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=3). This course goes really slow and explains everything in detail.
For python:
There is good course on youtube by Navin reddy (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsyeobzWxl7poL9JTVyndKe62ieoN-MZ3). Watching first 30 videos might help in building a base for python language.
General tips:
-Whenever coming to live classes always refer to the self paced learning material available at simplilearn platform.
-Always revise whatever you are taught in the class.
-Try to solve as many problems as you can find your hands on. Watching videos does help but its difficult to retain that for long term.

Together we will do it.

Hi,
f is needed to incorporate the value of variables. otherwise it will print the "{name}" as it is.

Sowmya Ganore

Hi! Is it possible to do 2 courses consecutively? like if i am enrolled in "Data science with Python" in 7.30 pm-11.30 pm batch, then can i also enroll for machine learning course from 9.00 am to 1.00pm or 6.00 am to 9.00am batch?
Yes, you can enroll for more than 1 course if they are available

Hello, Where can i find the slides for 29th may(session 3) class. The slides which i downloaded from self-learning section are different from what were used in yesterday's class .
Thanks,

Revathi_17

Administrator
Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hi, Please raise ticket using help & support, Team will assist you.

Please follow the steps below to raise
"Help and support" ticket.
>Login to LMS account,
>Select "help" icon on the top right hand side of the LMS page
>Select any query
>Connect to "Arya" the virtual assistant
>Select "other"
>To raise a ticket select " yes"

Hi, i have defined the fucntions here but Please help me here in 2nd input - after we enter 2 numbers

operation=input('enter the operation you want to perform (1-add, 2-sub, 3-mutiple, 4-division)')
number=input('enter the 2 numbers you want to perform this operation') --# how do i make the numbers are assgined to the 2 variables a,b
if operation == 1:
add(number(a,b))
elif operation==2:
sub(number(a,b))
elif operation==3:
mult(number(a,b))
elif operation==4:
div(number(a,b))
else:
print('operation not possible')

Hi Gurdeep,

I am working on an image dataset. Im trying to implement K-fold cross validation. I have 30 classes in the dataset and each class has about 50-70 samples. I am using transfer learning model MobileNet for classification. HOwever, the accuracy im getting is not more than 11 % in all folds. COuld you tell me how could i improve it?

Hi, i have defined the fucntions here but Please help me here in 2nd input - after we enter 2 numbers

operation=input('enter the operation you want to perform (1-add, 2-sub, 3-mutiple, 4-division)')
number=input('enter the 2 numbers you want to perform this operation') --# how do i make the numbers are assgined to the 2 variables a,b
if operation == 1:
add(number(a,b))
elif operation==2:
sub(number(a,b))
elif operation==3:
mult(number(a,b))
elif operation==4:
div(number(a,b))
else:
print('operation not possible')
Hi Nikhil,

i have some solution for the above.

#List
num = input("Enter two numbers with a space in between ")
lis = num.split()
a = lis[0]
b = lis[1]
print(a)
print(b)

or

#take two input numbers and assign them to two variable

a = int(input("Enter 1st Number : "))
b = int(input("Enter 2nd Number : "))
print(a)
print(b)

Amy Wang

Hi Gurdeep,

I was playing with the following script:

for x in range(6):
print(x)
else:
print("Finally finished!")

The output of the above was
Finally finished!

Since the value of i is 0 to 5, I thought only 0,1,2,3,4,5 would be printed. Why was "Finally finished" also printed?

Hi Gurdeep,

I was playing with the following script:

for x in range(6):
print(x)
else:

The output of the above was
Finally finished!

Since the value of i is 0 to 5, I thought only 0,1,2,3,4,5 would be printed. Why was "Finally finished" also printed?
Hi Amy,

You are using else with a for loop

for is a loop & else is a conditional statement.

for your expected result you can use this code:

for x in range(6):
if x < 6:
print(x)
else:

Amy Wang

Hi Amy,

You are using else with a for loop

for is a loop & else is a conditional statement.

for your expected result you can use this code:

for x in range(6):
if x < 6:
print(x)
else:
Many thanks for your quick reply, Abhishek! For and Else are not usually used in pairs - Got it.

I'm not sure I fully understand your answer though. Since For x in range (6) will only generate numbers 0, 1, 2,3,4,5, I thought x would never be greater than 6, so the Else statement would never be executed. Where am I wrong?

Many thanks for your quick reply, Abhishek! For and Else are not usually used in pairs - Got it.

I'm not sure I fully understand your answer though. Since For x in range (6) will only generate numbers 0, 1, 2,3,4,5, I thought x would never be greater than 6, so the Else statement would never be executed. Where am I wrong?
Hi Amy,

just refer to this post for your solution, I guess this might help you.

Amy Wang

Question about exception handling: I wrote the following code where the user should input an integer and the output would be the input number plus 3. When a number that's not an integer is entered, the exception handing script should return "Please enter a valid number".

number=int(input('enter an integer'))
try:
print(number+3)
except ValueError:
print("Please enter a valid number")

When I entered an integer, the codes worked fine. But when I entered a float number, instead of returning "please enter a valid number", I got the regular Value Error message. I can't figure out what I did wrong. Why didn't my exception handling work?

Question about exception handling: I wrote the following code where the user should input an integer and the output would be the input number plus 3. When a number that's not an integer is entered, the exception handing script should return "Please enter a valid number".

try:
print(number+3)
except ValueError:

When I entered an integer, the codes worked fine. But when I entered a float number, instead of returning "please enter a valid number", I got the regular Value Error message. I can't figure out what I did wrong. Why didn't my exception handling work?
try this code :

try:
print(number+3)
except ValueError:

* Need help *

I am working on an image dataset. Im trying to implement K-fold cross validation. I have 30 classes in the dataset and each class has about 50-70 samples. I am using transfer learning model MobileNet for classification. HOwever, the accuracy im getting is not more than 11 % in all folds. COuld you tell me how could i improve it?

Rajat_Kumar

Administrator
Staff member
Simplilearn Support
Alumni
* Need help *

@ayushishukla137

shiraz mahmood

In context to the Walmart retail analysis project, could some 1 explain how we can achieve the following??
For Store 1 – Build prediction models to forecast demand

• Linear Regression – Utilize variables like date and restructure dates as 1 for 5 Feb 2010 (starting from the earliest date in order).

I want to know what logic we are using to restructure the date??

Hi Gurdeep,

While working on the 1st project of Customer Service Requests Analysis from data science, i faced this issue - can you please help me resolving this.

df['Requesting_Closing_Time_in_seconds'] = df['Requesting_closing_Time'].apply(lambda x : x.seconds)

Attachments

• img.JPG
    img.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 4
Hello Ayushi,
It is possible to calculate the fare using following data means (x is given need to find out Y)
type of vehicleDate of JourneySourceDestinationRouteDept timeArrival timeDurationTotal stopsFare
Auto
28-07-2020​
BangaloreMysoreBangalore to mysore
17:30​
04:25​
10h 55M1 stops