Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Data Science with Python | Batch 3|Nov 28 - Jan 16 2020

Ankur Bhatnagar_1

Alumni
Q1.JPG Hi, I was trying to revise and catch-up on some of the Python session. In an example, I created a list of number 1 to 10, Output we discussed was to get all even numbers or say its an odd number, I wanted to print odd number first followed by text "is an odd number", getting this error, how can I combine number and text? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 12926 Hi, I was trying to revise and catch-up on some of the Python session. In an example, I created a list of number 1 to 10, Output we discussed was to get all even numbers or say its an odd number, I wanted to print odd number first followed by text "is an odd number", getting this error, how can I combine number and text? Thanks in advance.
Hi Ankur,

As you can see in your code the error says, unexpected indent, in Python the indentation is very important, Indentation refers to the spaces at the beginning of a code line. The indentation of each line within a block should be same. In your code the two lines inside your else block should be at equal indentation.

Also you cannot directly concatenate integer (num) with a string , you need to convert num to string using str()

Thanks,
Aditya

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 1.33.42 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 1.33.42 AM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hello,

I was unfortunately able to attend the live session, will I be able to download the class I was unable to attend. Can anyone help in this case.I want to see the recording for 12th November. Pls help.

Regards
Vinay

Hi Madhusudhan,

I have tried performing a linear regression for a housing dataset. There are few questions that have arised out of it.

1. I have plotted a scatter plot of y_test and y_pred(predicted) but unable to plot best fit line.
2. I got accuracy of 0.70. What should be done to improve the accuracy without overfitting the model.
3. I even fetched RMSE which should be lesser.The RMSE value you can see in the attached one.What can I infer from it/ what should I compare this RMSE with to check if my model is good or not.

Kindly answer these queries.It helps a lot.Also let me know if you need any further info.

Regards
Vinay

Attachments

• Housing.PNG
    Housing.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 10
  • kc_house_data.csv.zip
    779.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi Madhusudan,

Can you help me to get this done? This was asked to me in a screening process.

1) create an animated graph of the most viewed animals on YouTube(it will be good if can use some api from youtube)
2) there are 5 plots to generate. datasheet n problem sheet attached here

Attachments

• Task (2).zip
    145.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi @Madhusudhan Bommanahalli , @sanjana pillai and team ,
I have started trying to work on Project 4 of the assessment (Walmart Analysis).

One of the question in the project is :
"Which store/s has good quarterly growth rate in Q3’2012 ?"

Usually I have seen the growth rate to be across quarters (example : growth between Q1 and Q2).

I am not sure I understand how to calculate the growth within a specific period of Q3 ?

Is the expectation to see first month of Q3 and compare the value with last month of Q3 ? That does not seem correct since in middle months sales might be high.

Can someone please guide me on how to approach this question ?