Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Data Science with Python, ( Batch Jul 19,20,21,22,23,26,27,28,29,30 Aug 2,3,4,5,6) | Trainer - Nishant

Santosh Pawar(1504)

Alumni
Hi all, are these the only homework assignments from last class -

# find the index for all 23
# remove all 23 from list

There is no test questions like before. Can you confirm.

guys I am facing one issue, after filling a complete cell with comments and after using another cell for excution..i am unable to excute..I mean all the cells are star marked .
Can anyone help

Trapti Jain

guys I am facing one issue, after filling a complete cell with comments and after using another cell for excution..i am unable to excute..I mean all the cells are star marked .
Can anyone help
This could be if you are using lab, as i am also facing the same in the lab. i am relaunching the lab , it's working for me. ypu may try the same

Trapti Jain

Hey Guys, i am unable to launch jupyter notebook in anaconda navigator. I have successfully installed it. when i am clicking launch button it shows launching but later on it's not opening

1627309326408.png

when i m trying to use open function to read text file.
f=open("C://Chaiti//abc.txt",'rt')
i m getting the error file not found.
anybody else is facing the same problem.

Trapti Jain

Hello Guys when i am downloading the mysql in my system it's asking for oracle account sign in. Is that the correct way. Please guide

when i m trying to run
import nltk
nltk.download()
it is showing the link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nltk/nltk_data/gh-pages/index.xml
when i m clicking on the link it is opening as html file in new window and not as a pop up window having download option
anybody else facing the same problem
don't click on above-mentioned link, once you execute the cell stating these cmds
import nltk
nltk.download()
a external file named NLTK downloader will appear in your taskbar, there if you open that file, there in right corner you see refresh button, just click it and then you click download button in left corner, it shows installing of some files/folders, once there you see installed status for all folders..also you can see your folders installed at download directory mentioned in NLTK downloader(you may chnge in your system for future use)
then just escape from cell having
nltk.download()
then you will see an output cell with True and will setup nltk for you and now you close that external file too.
PFA the screenshots below.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Pragya Mehra

Hello Nishant Sir,

I have a doubt in the Assessment "Retail analysis with walmart data" as below.
Basic Statistics Task -
" Find out holidays which have higher sales than the mean sales in non-holiday season for all stores together"

I am following below steps-
Step 1 - Filtering the holidays and non-holidays data using the holiday flag.
Step 2 - From non-holidays, group by date and sum up the sales of all stores for each non-holiday date.
Step 3 - After step 2, finding mean sales that give one float value.
Step 4 - From holidays sales, group by date and sum up the sales of all stores for each holiday date.
Step 5 - Comparing step 4 sales of each date with step 3 float value.

Am I understanding the task correctly ?
Please help to resolve the same.

nishi4ca

Alumni
Hello Nishant Sir,

I have a doubt in the Assessment "Retail analysis with walmart data" as below.
Basic Statistics Task -
" Find out holidays which have higher sales than the mean sales in non-holiday season for all stores together"

I am following below steps-
Step 1 - Filtering the holidays and non-holidays data using the holiday flag.
Step 2 - From non-holidays, group by date and sum up the sales of all stores for each non-holiday date.
Step 3 - After step 2, finding mean sales that give one float value.
Step 4 - From holidays sales, group by date and sum up the sales of all stores for each holiday date.
Step 5 - Comparing step 4 sales of each date with step 3 float value.

Am I understanding the task correctly ?
Please help to resolve the same.
yes

1.In Assesment of "Retail Analysis of Walmart data"
#Provide a monthly and semester view of sales in units and give insights
for plotting in monthly view i have used frequency as 'M'
what is the frequency for semester view?

2.In Assesment of "Retail Analysis of Walmart data"
#Some holidays have a negative impact on sales.
#Find out holidays which have higher sales than the mean sales in non-holiday season for all stores together
how to calculate the mean sales in non-holiday season?
the below coding is not providing the mean value of all stores.

Walmart data.PNG

Trapti Jain

Hello Guys,
When i am ploting bar chart for State_complaints in comcast project. It's giving me result only for closed not for open can someone please help me for same
1630291087622.png

1.In Assesment of "Retail Analysis of Walmart data"
#Provide a monthly and semester view of sales in units and give insights
The question asks for overall monthly view of all three years i.e
1. Year->Month view for all years together and Year-> Semester View for all three years combined in Data set
OR
2. Each Year->Month view and Each Year->Semester view separately?

Hi Nishant Sir

I was solving Comcast internet problem where I am stuck with the question in which we have to find the total no. of complaints regarding Internet, service billing and others. I am not able to solve this question with NLP. I have done tockenization and stemming of my words. Please suggest what to do next