Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Data Science with Python | Feb 27 - April 03 | Rahul Singh | 2021

arnabi.ad

I want to open files which are shared by our trainer on my jupyter notebook. but i am not getting any upload option .PFA screetshots for your reference.
Though when I used Simplilearn Practice Lab, the upwards arrow on jupyter notebook allowed me to upload files. Please help

Attachments

• How to upload file on Jupyter.jpg
    How to upload file on Jupyter.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Jupyternotebook_UpwardsArror.jpg
    Jupyternotebook_UpwardsArror.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 8

Rahul_1143

Customer
Customer
I want to open files which are shared by our trainer on my jupyter notebook. but i am not getting any upload option .PFA screetshots for your reference.
Though when I used Simplilearn Practice Lab, the upwards arrow on jupyter notebook allowed me to upload files. Please help
Hi Arnabi ,

Rahul_1143

Customer
Customer
Hi Arnabi , you does not need to upload files when you are using jupyter notebook of your system , when you launch jupyter notebook a tab in your default browser will open, with name home , which i can see in your snip's , you just need to browse to the files where you have stored them and then click on it .. it will open .... this process is for the jupyter notebook installed on your system

Hi Rahul,

plt.bar(x1,y1, label='bars 2' ,
width=1.8 ,
alpha = 0.7,
color = 'orange',
align = 'edge')

could you please explain how align parameter works if i keep it as center or edge. and the graph we plot both have same meaning or it gets change as both graphs are looking different.
PFA.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 5

Rahul_1143

Customer
Customer
Hi Rahul,

plt.bar(x1,y1, label='bars 2' ,
width=1.8 ,
alpha = 0.7,
color = 'orange',
align = 'edge')

could you please explain how align parameter works if i keep it as center or edge. and the graph we plot both have same meaning or it gets change as both graphs are looking different.
PFA.
Hi Manish ,

The Graphs does not change, only the placement of bars with respect to labels on x axis changes.

Eg in the image 2 - the location of 5 and 10 label's are in middle of the bar means the alignment is in Centre ,

Whereas when the align = edge, the labels move towards the edge of bar. Like 5 , 10 in Image 1

Hello sir,
I am trying to execute the sample project given in self learning videos but it's showing me error for tensorflow as module not found. What should I do?

import numpy as np
import pandas as pd
import tensorflow as tf
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
%matplotlib inline
from patsy import dmatrices
import sklearn
import seaborn as sns

Rahul_1143

Customer
Customer
Hello sir,
I am trying to execute the sample project given in self learning videos but it's showing me error for tensorflow as module not found. What should I do?

import numpy as np
import pandas as pd
import tensorflow as tf
%matplotlib inline
from patsy import dmatrices
import sklearn
import seaborn as sns
Hi Rutuja,

you will have to install tensorflow , using command prompt ( if you are using the official python distribution ) by using command - pip install tensorflow

or

in anaconda prompt (if you are using anaconda python distribution ) by using command - pip install tensorflow or conda install tensorflow

Hi Rutuja,

you will have to install tensorflow , using command prompt ( if you are using the official python distribution ) by using command - pip install tensorflow

or

in anaconda prompt (if you are using anaconda python distribution ) by using command - pip install tensorflow or conda install tensorflow
thank you sir.......but still getting error.......version is not supporting. I think tensorflow is not working for 32-bit.

Hi Rahul,

I just wanted to ask that what are ways that we can submit our projects. Do i need to create word document with screenshots or i can just paste the code which i write in notebook and submit because i write everything in notebook itself including Project Details ,Data Description etc.

Regards,
Manish

arnabi.ad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sns
import numpy as np

df = pd.read_csv('Walmart_Store_sales.csv')
df

OR,
data = pd.read_csv('C:\Users\Arnabi Dutta\Desktop\Simplilearn\Data Scientist\Python\Project 4\1577429980_walmart_store_sales/Walmart_store_sales.csv')
data

#I am trying to do project 4--Walmart Retail Analysis--I am unable to read the file and Getting below error.
I provide file path name and still getting the same error.Please Help

FileNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-3-af1f41ce2faa> in <module>
1 # Load dataset
----> 3 df = pd.read_csv('Walmart_Store_sales.csv')
4 df

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in parser_f(filepath_or_buffer, sep, delimiter, header, names, index_col, usecols, squeeze, prefix, mangle_dupe_cols, dtype, engine, converters, true_values, false_values, skipinitialspace, skiprows, skipfooter, nrows, na_values, keep_default_na, na_filter, verbose, skip_blank_lines, parse_dates, infer_datetime_format, keep_date_col, date_parser, dayfirst, cache_dates, iterator, chunksize, compression, thousands, decimal, lineterminator, quotechar, quoting, doublequote, escapechar, comment, encoding, dialect, error_bad_lines, warn_bad_lines, delim_whitespace, low_memory, memory_map, float_precision)
674 )
--> 676 return _read(filepath_or_buffer, kwds)
678 parser_f.__name__ = name

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in _read(filepath_or_buffer, kwds)
447 # Create the parser.
--> 448 parser = TextFileReader(fp_or_buf, **kwds)
450 if chunksize or iterator:

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in __init__(self, f, engine, **kwds)
878 self.options["has_index_names"] = kwds["has_index_names"]
--> 880 self._make_engine(self.engine)
882 def close(self):

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in _make_engine(self, engine)
1112 def _make_engine(self, engine="c"):
1113 if engine == "c":
-> 1114 self._engine = CParserWrapper(self.f, **self.options)
1115 else:
1116 if engine == "python":

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/io/parsers.py in __init__(self, src, **kwds)
1889 kwds["usecols"] = self.usecols
-> 1891 self._reader = parsers.TextReader(src, **kwds)
1892 self.unnamed_cols = self._reader.unnamed_cols

pandas/_libs/parsers.pyx in pandas._libs.parsers.TextReader.__cinit__()

pandas/_libs/parsers.pyx in pandas._libs.parsers.TextReader._setup_parser_source()

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] File Walmart_Store_sales.csv does not exist: 'Walmart_Store_sales.csv'

Partha Chaudhuri

Hi Rahul,

I was working on first project , Q- 5

1. Perform a statistical test for the following:
Please note: For the below statements you need to state the Null and Alternate and then provide a statistical test to accept or reject the Null Hypothesis along with the corresponding ‘p-value’.

• Whether the average response time across complaint types is similar or not (overall)
  • Are the type of complaint or service requested and location related?
I was able to define H0 and H1. I am having trouble going forward from there. How to use P value etc. Need some more guidance.

regards

Partha

Hello Rahul,
I am trying to plot the below:
plt.title('Complaint Type - Request_Closing_Time-Hours')
fig = plt.figure(figsize =(20, 15))
plt.grid()
plt.bar(req2['Complaint Type'],req2['Request_Closing_Time-Hours'],width=0.4)
plt.xlabel('Complaint Type')
plt.xticks(rotation=20)
plt.ylabel('Request_Closing_Time-Hours')
plt.show()

I am getting the graph as needed, but the result shows an empty plot figure at the top, which shouldn't be there.. Can you help me in figuring this out.

1616999037994.png

arnabi.ad

Hi Rahul,
Did you upload 27/03/2021 and 28/03/2021 Live classes content on google drive?
Please upload 21/03/2021 ML files also as I am not getting those files on google drive.

Thanks,
Arnabi