Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Data Science with R : Discussion

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi,I attained this batch(3rd dec to 24th dec). But i am not getting any mail regarding project monitoring session. Is it start or not??
Hi Sravanti,

I would like to inform you that we are scheduling the Project Mentoring session for Data Science with R course. And once it is scheduled, you will definitely receive an email for the same.

I hope this will help you. Thank you so much for your cooperation with us.

Richa_15

Alumni
Hi All ,

I am attempting the Healthcare project for Data Science with R. However , I am unable to interpret the 4th Question which is "
To properly utilize the costs, the agency has to analyze the severity of the hospital costs by age and gender for proper allocation of resources."

It is clear that we are looking at hospital costs as the dependent variable and Age & Gender as the independent variable. But I am unclear of what is meant by "Analyze the severity of hospital costs" .

Do I need to analyze how strongly hospital costs depends on Age and Gender or provide the exact linear regression model to predict the value of hospital costs as a linear function of Age and Gender ?

Please help .

Thanks
Richa

_19284

Alumni
Hi Team,

I attended a course on data science in R (jan 6th to 28th jan , batch). I need help in resume building. Can I get some sample resume so that I can update my profile accordingly. Also does Simplilearn gives project experience certificate as well. what are the criteria for unlocking that, as I was being told about the same at the time of admission.

Payal

_17781

Alumni
Hi Priyanka, the sessions which I attended in the batch Jan 6th-28th, it was great learning experience. thanks to you for coordinating well and convey my thanks to Shubham as well.
Is there any solution format from different projects, i wanted to know how to provide the output (i knw its in a PDF), however the structure, not sure what things needs to be included. please help me on this.
Thanks, Ravi

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Team,

I attended a course on data science in R (jan 6th to 28th jan , batch). I need help in resume building. Can I get some sample resume so that I can update my profile accordingly. Also does Simplilearn gives project experience certificate as well. what are the criteria for unlocking that, as I was being told about the same at the time of admission.

Payal
Hi Payal,

Regarding sample Resume, I hope you have received an email for the same. Also, regarding the project experience certificate, I would like to inform you that, we have combined it in Course Completion certificate itself.

And Course Completion certificate alone is ample to show that you have completed project and the whole course with us. I hope this will help you.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka, the sessions which I attended in the batch Jan 6th-28th, it was great learning experience. thanks to you for coordinating well and convey my thanks to Shubham as well.
Is there any solution format from different projects, i wanted to know how to provide the output (i knw its in a PDF), however the structure, not sure what things needs to be included. please help me on this.
Thanks, Ravi
Hi Ravi,

First of congratulations for your Class completion. Now regarding project please find the community thread created to guide you for project submission for Data Science with R:
https://community.simplilearn.com/threads/project-guidance-for-data-science-with-r-course.32417/

Also, kindly find the recording of Project Mentoring session which will definitely guide you for Project:
https://simplilearnsolutions.webex....ldr.php?RCID=fe9b9eba8d9b104d152b17532fd06028

I hope this will help you. Kindly do not copy the above mentioned links, please click on the link then the community post will open and the recording will start downloading.

_19300

Alumni
Hi, I am attending Internet Project(Data Science with R). In the 4th Question I am getting confused in selecting the right model to choose. Both Anova and Linear regression model seems correct here. Please provide a proper guidance on how to solve this type of problem to decide which model to use.
Thanks and Regards
Nitin K Gond

_19716

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,
I attended the class on data science with R between jan27 to feb18 with extended class . i have problem with R studio where in "readr is not found".
So data import does not happen. Second thing the self learning videos are not loading. third i need a live project mentoring session. Hope ypu can help me on this.
Suchithra

_19716

Alumni
adding to my previous message , i have enrolled for master program in Integrated program in big data and data science. i want to complete every module of the program one by one. now i want to finish r project and take exam so i could move to the next heading. I need little guidance .
Thank you
Suchithra.

Hi All ,

I am attempting the Healthcare project for Data Science with R. However , I am unable to interpret the 4th Question which is "
To properly utilize the costs, the agency has to analyze the severity of the hospital costs by age and gender for proper allocation of resources."

It is clear that we are looking at hospital costs as the dependent variable and Age & Gender as the independent variable. But I am unclear of what is meant by "Analyze the severity of hospital costs" .

Do I need to analyze how strongly hospital costs depends on Age and Gender or provide the exact linear regression model to predict the value of hospital costs as a linear function of Age and Gender ?

Please help .

Thanks
Richa
Hello Richa, I had the same question. Did you get an answer? Please do share. Many thanks.

Vaishnavi Chauhan

Simplilearn Support
Customer
Hello Richa, I had the same question. Did you get an answer? Please do share. Many thanks.
Hi Samia,

Greetings !!

Kindly refer to the attachment for assistance.

If you face any issues you can reach out to me by raising a ticket.

I hope this will help.

Happy Learning !! :)

Attachments

• Healthcare cost analysis.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 1