Data Science with Rahul Aggarwal

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by rahul91.aggarwal, May 19, 2020.

1. rahul91.aggarwal

rahul91.aggarwal Active Member

Dear Learners,

Please share your comments/Suggestions/Feedback/Concerns/Challenges over this thread. Would love to know more from you guys about your learning experiences in my batch.

Happy Learning! :)

Regards,
    Rahul

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. _12759

_12759 Active Member

Hi Rahul,

I must say that you have in depth knowledge of the subject you teach. I had attended 1 more python batch before you, but was not satisfied with it. Hence joined the next batch, and luckily it was taken by you.

1. You were very well planned for all the sessions.
    2. The content for the session used to be uploaded beforehand, which helped us to be prepared for the session.
    3. The puzzles shared by you were amazing. They helped us to stay active.
    4. You helped us with all our doubts very well.
    5. You went out of the way to teach not only the topics given by simpllilearn, but also taught us a few extra topics which were useful.
    6. You shared very good insights from your own experience and also always let us know the interview questions important for the topics.
    7. You went out of the way to reiterate if somebody had not understood something and made sure everybody was on the same page.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed your sessions. Looking forward for the R/machine learning sessions with you if possible.

Wishing you all the best for your future endeavors!!

Thank you for everything.
    Regards,
    Shreha.

rahul91.aggarwal likes this.
  3. Sandeep Talwar

Thanks Rahul for the Python Session that you conducted over last 1 month....Really enjoyed & learned a lot all with due to your readiness, knowledge in domain area, simplicity in your teaching style, sharing good insights, solving our doubts in case of any confusions and the content that you shared was just awesome...you went extra mile on that aspect and ensuring whole class is on same page.

Looking forward to connect with you to Learn new things!

More Power to you! & Thank you so much!

Take care & stay safe!

Regards,
    Sandeep Talwar

4. ANKITA ANIL KALE

Hi Rahul Sir,

Thank you for such a wonderful training on this Data Science with Python course! This was a great experience with you. Great training style and talk about real life and several examples were very interesting and useful, which all made for a really enjoyable and informative course.

You have a great knowledge in domain area and that you implemented in training is really useful for us. Contents you shared are really good which helped us to understand the concept easily. Solving puzzles during or after the session is most interesting part. You solved our doubts in every session without getting irritated till we satisfied with answers. You were uploading contents before the session which were helping us to prepare for the session especially for practical's. Extra e-books, links and study material provided by you are really useful for us.

You followed time constraints as in every session as you were on time, not wasted time during the session and a very small break is also one of the positive part of your session.

I would like to attend the Machine Learning / Deep Learning sessions with you!

Thanks and Regards,
    Ankita Kale

5. Shweta Suhas Joshi

Shweta Suhas Joshi New Member

Hello Rahul,
    when is your next python programming batch is starting? I have completed self learning and almost done the project as well but i am little stuck with project and would love to have some more insight from you.

6. padmashree Nandyala

Hi Rahul Sir,

Thank you for teaching Data Science with R. Yo are a wonderful instructor. You thought concepts in detail with examples and had lot of patience to answer our questions. You checked with us if we got it and also did recap every class. This was wonderful and learnt a lot from you. Glad to be part of this class

Please post when you will teach other classes the session dates
    All the best
    Regards
    Padma

7. Shailesh Tumma

Hi Rahul,

For movie lens project how can I do the following:
    Create a separate column for each genre category with a one-hot encoding ( 1 and 0) whether or not the movie belongs to that genre.

The existing Genre column has multiple values separated by "|". I have used str.split("|",expand=True) to split the data which gives me a DF of size(1000209 rows × 6 columns). When I use one hot encoder I get the and error "TypeError: argument must be a string or number". Below is the code:

binary_encoder = OneHotEncoder(categories = 'auto')
    genres_1hot = binary_encoder.fit_transform(genres)
    genres_1hot_mat = genres_1hot.toarray()
    genres_DF = pd.DataFrame(genres_1hot_mat)
    genres_DF.head()

When I use get_dummies it gives a dataframe of size 1000209 rows × 64 columns. But there are only 19 unique genres. Below is the code:

genres_DF= pd.get_dummies(genres, drop_first=True)
    genres_DF

Please help.

Regards,
    Shailesh Tumma

8. rahul91.aggarwal

rahul91.aggarwal Active Member

Upcoming Batches -
    1. Data Science With R [WeekDay] - From 14th Sep , 6 AM - 9 AM
    2. Data Science With Python [Weekend] - From 19th Sep , 7:30 PM - 11:30 PM

Regards,
    Rahul A