Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

DATA SCIENCE WITH SAS : FEB 3,4,10,11,17,18,24,25 BATCH

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Marwan Almomani

Alumni
Hello Simplilearn Support Team
i have a problem when i executed an example you included in your Data Science with SAS videos, (i attached a screenshot ...)
1- i think the example has a syntax error, there is a semi-colon after the "From Electronic;" statement and another one in the next statement "group by Order_Priority1;" .
2- i deleted the first semi colon, and the program run successfully, but it doesn't generates the same output
here's my code :
proc sql;
select Product,Discount,Sales*0.05 as Tax,
(Profit-calculated Tax) as Net_Profit format =dollar10.2,
case
when Sales BETWEEN 0 and 100 then 'Medium'
when Sales BETWEEN 101 and 200 then 'High'
when Sales BETWEEN 201 and 250 then 'Critical'
else 'Very Critical'
end as Order_Priority1,
sum(Discount) as Total_Discount format=dollar10.2,
sum(Sales) as Total_Sales format=dollar10.2,
Count(*) as Number_Sales
from Electronic
group by Order_Priority1;
quit;​
any explanation?!proc sql example (2).png

_20944

Alumni
Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

Which emailid or participant we have to connect to for starting a conversation for any technical queries ?

_21648

Alumni
Hi Ashutosh Sir,
Please help to resolve the below questions
how to add additional new variable in existing table?
how to download and open the .sas extension file?
where will I get the SAS lessons pdf file

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Which emailid or participant we have to connect to for starting a conversation for any technical queries ?
Hi Pritpal,

I would like to inform you that, you can post here your technical queries. Our Trainer and Teaching Assistant will guide you for the same.

_20944

Alumni
Getting an "ERROR: Variable ORDER_PRIORITY not found" which was run successfully during the class exercise

/* Splitting data by a variable */
proc means data= training.fashion;
var quantity discount;
class order_priority;
run;

/* Use by syntax instead of class */
/* Sorting is presequisite for using by syntax */
proc sort data = training.fashion out = fashion;
by order_priority;
run;

_21484

Alumni
Getting an "ERROR: Variable ORDER_PRIORITY not found" which was run successfully during the class exercise

var quantity discount;
class order_priority;
run;

/* Use by syntax instead of class */
/* Sorting is presequisite for using by syntax */
proc sort data = training.fashion out = fashion;
by order_priority;
run;

Check your data set variable col is Order_Priority or Order Priority, in case if you have space use "Order Priority"n
var quantity discount;
class "order priority"n;
run;
Hope above code will solve your problem

_20944

Alumni
Check your data set variable col is Order_Priority or Order Priority, in case if you have space use "Order Priority"n
var quantity discount;
class "order priority"n;
run;
Hope above code will solve your problem

Yes it does resolve, thanks !!

_20944

Alumni
How does the hsb file get generated, how is it different from the normal data-sets ?

proc ttest data= training.hsb h0=49;
var read;
run;

/* Correlation */
/* Pearson is by default - SYntax pearson is optional */
proc corr data = training.hsb pearson;
var math science;
run;

ERROR: File TRAINING.HSB.DATA does not exist.

_21484

Alumni
How does the hsb file get generated, how is it different from the normal data-sets ?

proc ttest data= training.hsb h0=49;
var read;
run;

/* Correlation */
proc corr data = training.hsb pearson;
var math science;
run;

ERROR: File TRAINING.HSB.DATA does not exist.[/QUOTE
You might be having Male and Female excels, you can use one of them. Male and Female datasets has the same attributes like HSB, you can try merge Male and Female date set and name it HSB and use for the example above.

Import Male or Female data set to Training or Work Library

proc corr data = training.Male Pearson;
var math science;
run;
Hope it solves your problem

Sayed_14

Alumni
Hello there,
I want to inform you guys about some of the discrepancies I came across during attempting my Data Science with SAS exam.
You can take a look at the images I have attached with this post, and can resolve the issue. While attempting base SAS exam I marked wrong ans where you marked me wrong thats correct and when I tried to resolve the same question with different ans(when it is correct) while attempting Data science with SAS exam then again you guys marked me wrong. I request you to please update your ans.

Thank you,
Awesh

Attachments

• hold values.png
    hold values.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 26
  • sample2.png
    sample2.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
  • sample one.jpeg.png
    sample one.jpeg.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 25

$anket

Alumni
Hello,
In the Retail analysis project in the step of perform regression test do we have to perform the logistic regression???

_21470

Alumni
Can I get details about the project.. how will I proceed in completing the same & when do we have to submit?

_21470

Alumni
Hello there,
I want to inform you guys about some of the discrepancies I came across during attempting my Data Science with SAS exam.
You can take a look at the images I have attached with this post, and can resolve the issue. While attempting base SAS exam I marked wrong ans where you marked me wrong thats correct and when I tried to resolve the same question with different ans(when it is correct) while attempting Data science with SAS exam then again you guys marked me wrong. I request you to please update your ans.

Thank you,
Awesh

Can I know what is the test about? Are we supposed to take up? Can you please guide me!

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hello there,

Thank you,
Awesh
Hi Awesh,

Thank you for notifying the same. We will verify the same and the content will do the needful.

I hope this will help you.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Can I get details about the project.. how will I proceed in completing the same & when do we have to submit?
Hi,

You need to Submit any 1 project out of following domain -
Attrition and Retail:

Login to LMS with your login credentials
Click on Learning Tools -> Downloads > Projects . You will find the project details available in this section.

Kindly follow the below steps to draft the Project Report :

1. Project Report to Created using a word document/ PDF/ PPT
2. Business Scenario
3. Expectation /Goals
4. Code
5. Output Screenshot

Once done you are required to submit the same through your LMS > Course Icon > Project > Submit.

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion. As you are done with your classes, you have to submit the Project within next 7 days.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Can I know what is the test about? Are we supposed to take up? Can you please guide me!
Hi,

This test is actually Simulation test. Once you are done with your course and Project, kindly find th ebelow mentioned path to locate the Simulation test:
LMS account > Course Icon > Syllabus > Scroll down you will find Simulation tests.

Kindly complete any 1 Simulation test available in the LMS with 60% or above score.

_21645

Alumni
hi,

i wanted to submitted my project but sas university edition is not working. i had some doubts to regarding the project and i raised the ticket 3 times but none got a reply. please keep the promises you make while enrolling.

_21470

Alumni
Hi,

You need to Submit any 1 project out of following domain -
Attrition and Retail:

Login to LMS with your login credentials
Click on Learning Tools -> Downloads > Projects . You will find the project details available in this section.

Kindly follow the below steps to draft the Project Report :

1. Project Report to Created using a word document/ PDF/ PPT
2. Business Scenario
3. Expectation /Goals
4. Code
5. Output Screenshot

Once done you are required to submit the same through your LMS > Course Icon > Project > Submit.

I hope this will help you. All the very best for your project and course completion. As you are done with your classes, you have to submit the Project within next 7 days.

Thank you for the details

But its been 1 week I am done with the course. I have yet not taken up the project, what would I do now?

_21717

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

I am done with simulation test and project. I submitted it in the lms. Please let me know when it gets reviewed and if there are any questions which need to be answered please let me know. Even though I still practice SAS, I have a new course starting next week so may concentrate less on the formalities. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Sandeep

_21174

Alumni
Hi Ashutosh,

I am trying to rename the column in ecommerce dataset . I have used the following code to do that. it is not working.

libname training '/home/varunviku0/sasuser.v94/Batch Feb 03';
FILENAME REFFILE '/home/varunviku0/sasuser.v94/Batch Feb 03/ECommerce.xlsx';
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE replace
DBMS=XLSX
OUT=TRAINING.ecommerce;
GETNAMES=YES;
RUN;

data training.ecommerce rename='ship Mode'=Ship_Mode;
run;

I am getting the following error ------------------
_
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, (, /, ;, _DATA_, _LAST_, _NULL_.

ERROR 76-322: Syntax error, statement will be ignored.
------------------------------ Error end

Sayed_14

Alumni
Hi Ashutosh,

I am trying to rename the column in ecommerce dataset . I have used the following code to do that. it is not working.

DBMS=XLSX
OUT=TRAINING.ecommerce;
GETNAMES=YES;
RUN;

run;

_
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, (, /, ;, _DATA_, _LAST_, _NULL_.

Try this:

data training.ecommerce;
set training.ecommerce(rename='Ship Mode'n=Ship_Mode); /* Type the exact column name you have*/
run;

Hope this resolves your issue.

_21717

Alumni
Hi Ashutosh,

DBMS=XLSX
OUT=TRAINING.ecommerce;
GETNAMES=YES;
RUN;

run;

_

Hi after 'ship mode' type n...like 'ship mode'n

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
hi,

i wanted to submitted my project but sas university edition is not working. i had some doubts to regarding the project and i raised the ticket 3 times but none got a reply. please keep the promises you make while enrolling.
Hi Dushyant,

I can see that few tickets were raised by you but all of them are resolved now. Please let us know what issue you are facing so that I can guide you more accurately.
Waiting for your kind response.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Thank you for the details

But its been 1 week I am done with the course. I have yet not taken up the project, what would I do now?
As you are done with your course now, kindly go ahead and start working on your Project.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

I am done with simulation test and project. I submitted it in the lms. Please let me know when it gets reviewed and if there are any questions which need to be answered please let me know. Even though I still practice SAS, I have a new course starting next week so may concentrate less on the formalities. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Sandeep
Hi Sandeep,

I would like to inform you that, you are done with all the criteria for course completion and also, your Course Completion certificate is unlocked.

Congratulations for the same. And you can go ahead with practicing SAS and also for another course. All the very best for the same.

_18893

Alumni
Hello Priyanka,

Right now I am facing an issue with SAS assignment. Today I started working with project assignment in LMS, "Data driven Macro calls". Not sure what happened, after running the 2nd query in that, I start getting the error " ERROR: Expected open parenthesis after macro function name not found." I even tried to run a simple query and its not letting me to create a dataset. I closed and re-logged into SAS, cleared history. After restarting the system, I ran the Macro assignment query and it worked. But after that, I again started getting the same error.. Any idea what the issue is? Hence I am not able to do anything in SAS university edition..

Also can you please advice which project I need to do in SAS? In self pace I can see there are 4 projects (If yes, to which e-mail address I need to send) and in the main project tab there are 2 (Retail and attrition analysis). Please advice.

Thanks,

Amly

_21174

Alumni
Try this:

data training.ecommerce;
set training.ecommerce(rename='Ship Mode'n=Ship_Mode); /* Type the exact column name you have*/
run;

Hope this resolves your issue.

Hi ,

This resolved my problem.. but what I don't understand the use of 'n' next to the 'Ship Mode'. I thought that n should be used if your variable is a numeric variable whereas infact this variable is a character variable. Can you explain why I have to use a 'n' suffix to rename a Character Variable?

upload_2018-3-5_22-54-7.png

Sayed_14

Alumni
Hi ,

This resolved my problem.. but what I don't understand the use of 'n' next to the 'Ship Mode'. I thought that n should be used if your variable is a numeric variable whereas infact this variable is a character variable. Can you explain why I have to use a 'n' suffix to rename a Character Variable?

View attachment 3260

Hello there,
Nice to see that you got your issue resolved, we actually use 'n' because of the white space available between the SHIP and MODE
i.e. 'Ship Mode', by putting 'n' at last tells SAS that we are pointing to a variable name which have space in-between the two strings, after which SAS comes to know about the space between the strings and it changes the color(if you have noticed) after putting 'n' at the end attached to your string like this: 'Ship Mode'n

Let me give you another example: suppose you have a variable name/column name as 'Customer First Name' which have two spaces in between then to rename or make SAS aware about the spaces in the variable name we can attach 'n' as suffix after the variable name.
Suppose you want to rename the variable name from 'Customer First Name' to 'Customer_First_Name' then also we can use:
(rename='Customer First Name'n= Customer_First_Name) which tells SAS we have 2 space in-between the name. You can remember it like n stands for number of spaces, if our variable name consists 2 spaces or 3 spaces whatever then n=no of spaces, which will be taken care by SAS.

Hope this answers your question :)

_21765

Alumni
Hi,
I had to travel after the final class, so haven't had time to work on the project and test. Finally got some time today and I was looking into the project.
Can some one explain last two parts of the attrition analysis project?
-Check Max and Min values for probability of churn
-Create dataset to all churned employees above cut-off

And, the project mentoring session ever happened? I thought they were going to conduct one and/or send us the link for recording session.

I appreciate your response.
Ravi

_21513

Data Scientist Student
Alumni
Hi,

I am also unable to login to SAS Logon Manager today.
I got the following error: " The system is experiencing problems. Please contact your system administrator."

Regards,
Raj

_21953

Alumni
Hi Ashutosh,

Could you please upload the sas files for Feb 17th and 18th class please.

Regards,
Amit Mukherjee.