Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

DATA SCIENCE WITH SAS : FEB 3,4,10,11,17,18,24,25 BATCH

_20944

Alumni
For the Attrition project, while building the logistic regression model, I am giving a value for the class variable as ref = '1', but getting an error as :
"ERROR: All observations have the same response" This is inline to what we did in the class sessions to build a variable gender (ref = 'M', param=ref).

What am I doing wrong ?

_21953

Alumni
For the Attrition project, while building the logistic regression model, I am giving a value for the class variable as ref = '1', but getting an error as :
"ERROR: All observations have the same response" This is inline to what we did in the class sessions to build a variable gender (ref = 'M', param=ref).

What am I doing wrong ?
Try the following. This executed for me without any error in Univ version.

proc logistic data= amit_lib.proj_03_attrition;
class Sex_Indicator (ref='0' param=ref ) Relocation_Indicator (ref='0' param=ref ) Marital_Status (ref='0' param=ref );
model Retain_Indicator(event='1')=Sex_Indicator Relocation_Indicator Marital_Status/link=logit;
run;

_20944

Alumni
Try the following. This executed for me without any error in Univ version.

proc logistic data= amit_lib.proj_03_attrition;
class Sex_Indicator (ref='0' param=ref ) Relocation_Indicator (ref='0' param=ref ) Marital_Status (ref='0' param=ref );
model Retain_Indicator(event='1')=Sex_Indicator Relocation_Indicator Marital_Status/link=logit;
run;

Thank you Amit, it works finally now, I was trying to do the frequency of churn within the regression now separated it and it is working fine.

_21953

Alumni
Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn
Hi Ashutosh_Trainer & Priyanka_Mehta,

Could you please point me to some sample assignments which I can use to practice the concepts learned.

Regards,
Amit Mukherjee.

Last edited by a moderator:

_21645

Alumni
hi,

can any help me with last part of the project "
•Create new dataset to add all “churned” employees above the cut-off value" ?

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi,

I am also unable to login to SAS Logon Manager today.
I got the following error: " The system is experiencing problems. Please contact your system administrator."

Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj, This would be an issue from SAS only. Please do not worry. It would be under maintenance.

Apologies for the delay in response. If the issue still persists, kindly update here with the screenshot of the same, so that we can guide you accurately.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Ashutosh,

Could you please upload the sas files for Feb 17th and 18th class please.

Regards,
Amit Mukherjee.
Hi Amit, I would like to inform you that, the test file and spreadsheet is already shared on this thread. For SAS files, I hope the recordings will guide you for the code. As we want you to write the code by yourself which will give you hands-on practice.

And regarding Assignments, I would recommend you to go through the Self-paced learning of the course and you can practice along with it. I hope this will help you.

_20944

Alumni
Hello, Though I have completed the training and project, there was this additional doubt which I had and if someone can guide.

Can we specify a column-column mapping while merging data-sets with one-to-one merge/one-to-one-read or understand on what basis the merge happens ? An example would help !!

_20944

Alumni
Hello, Though I have completed the training and project, there was this additional doubt which I had and if someone can guide.

Can we specify a column-column mapping while merging data-sets with one-to-one merge/one-to-one-read or understand on what basis the merge happens ? An example would help !!

Priyanka, can someone help in this query, I am trying to do a live analysis using SAS ?

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Priyanka, can someone help in this query, I am trying to do a live analysis using SAS ?
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response. Please find the link mentioned below to understand when to choose which technique:

http://documentation.sas.com/?docse...1imc3rzeeffyt.htm&docsetVersion=9.4&locale=en

Also, merge barely appends 1st observation of 1st data with 1st observation of 2nd data and so on for all obs. It does not work on any Common column/Primary Key. We will use Merge when we know that the obs in 2 datasets order correlate. To join on columns use sql joins that we discussed in training.

I hope this will help you. Please revert here if still you are stuck at any point with your code and screenshot of the same. As it will help us to guide you more accurately.