Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

Discussion - Data Science with SAS/Dec 9,10,16,17 Jan 6,7,13,14 2018

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hello All,

Greetings from Simplilearn!!

Let us have a discussion about the course, explore the course here and try to resolve all our queries related to the same.

Happy Learning!!

Regards,
Priyanka
GTA - Simplilearn

_10435

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

Pls confirm on the project mentoring session for this batch.
Also how can I post a query to my trainer. I have query related to project.
Thanks,
Ruchi

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
i ma facing a problem in attrition analysis project that how to find the significant variables and churned rate
Hi Pallavit,

Kindly provide details, where you are stuck to find the significant variables and churned rate. Please let me know the code you are using to achieve it. So that I can help you more accurately.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

Pls confirm on the project mentoring session for this batch.
Also how can I post a query to my trainer. I have query related to project.
Thanks,
Ruchi
Hi Ruchi,

I would like to inform you that, the project mentoring session is not yet scheduled. Also, I would like to inform you that, we will also cover projects in the last session. Just to provide you the insight.

And if you are stuck anywhere, and you need assistance for any project, kindly post your query here. We will make sure it will addressed as early as possible. I hope this will help you.

_10435

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

I am stuck in attrition project. When I am writing a code, there is no significant variable coming. Below is the code , I have written:

proc logistic data=LIBREF.Attrition;
model Retain_Indicator(event='1')= Marital_Status Relocation_Indicator Retain_Indicator Sex_Indicator / link=logit
technique=fisher;
output out=WORK.Attrition_Rate predicted=pred_ lower=lcl_ upper=ucl_ /
alpha=0.05;
run;

Also how can we find the max and min probability of churned employees.

Thanks!
Ruchi

_10435

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

How to find below in Retail Analysis project:

•Create a new data set with exponential, cube, squared, and log values for each variable

Thanks,
Ruchi

_10435

Alumni
Hi Priyanka,

When I am uploading the dataset of Retail project,while performing descriptive statistics (proc univariate), it is not finding sale variable.why?

Pls advise. Do we need to manipulate data first?

Thanks,
Ruchi

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

I am stuck in attrition project. When I am writing a code, there is no significant variable coming. Below is the code , I have written:

proc logistic data=LIBREF.Attrition;
model Retain_Indicator(event='1')= Marital_Status Relocation_Indicator Retain_Indicator Sex_Indicator / link=logit
technique=fisher;
output out=WORK.Attrition_Rate predicted=pred_ lower=lcl_ upper=ucl_ /
alpha=0.05;
run;

Also how can we find the max and min probability of churned employees.

Thanks!
Ruchi
Hi Ruchi,
As here we have a small dataset, so kindly do not worry about the significant variable as we are focusing more on your approach for the project.

Also regarding the finding max and min probability of churned employees, you need to firstly calculate attrition prediction and from which you can find min and max directly. I hope this will help you.

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

How to find below in Retail Analysis project:

•Create a new data set with exponential, cube, squared, and log values for each variable

Thanks,
Ruchi
Here, you need to create a new dataset and calculate exponential, cube, squared, and log values for each variable. Kindly find the sample code mentioned below:
data Retail_NewAnalysis;
set Retail_Analysis;
Sales_log = log10(Sales); Quantity_log = log10(Quantity);

Priyanka_Mehta

Simplilearn Support
Hi Priyanka,

When I am uploading the dataset of Retail project,while performing descriptive statistics (proc univariate), it is not finding sale variable.why?

Pls advise. Do we need to manipulate data first?

Thanks,
Ruchi
Yes, Ruchi, you need to manipulate the data first. Please go ahead with it. I am sure you successfully complete this project as well.