Do you have some information about “Benefits Man...

Discussion in 'PMP' started by Archana Jaiswal, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Archana Jaiswal

Do you have some information about “Benefits Management Plan” referred to in the development of Project Charter? Thanks

2. Mukesh Sahu

Mukesh Sahu Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Archana, Your query will be addressed within 24-48 hours.

3. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

This not a subsidiary of the PM Plan but an artifact developed in Business Analysis. The BA credential and exam (and standard) have been integrated into the PMBOK, and you're starting to see these items brought into the project. you can find the definition on p. 251.

Christopher Fornicola likes this.
  4. Christopher Fornicola

Customer

Hello Tim,

Is the "benefits analysis plan" developed by the Sponsor?

5. Christopher Fornicola

Customer

Hello Tim,

Is the "benefits analysis plan" developed by the Sponsor most of the time? I see this as an input to creating a "charter" along with the Business Case, Agreements etc.

6. Christopher Fornicola

Customer

Correction, I meant "Benefits Management Plan".

7. tim jerome

tim jerome Well-Known Member
    Trainer

'Benefits Management Plan' was initially an input into the Charter when the PMBOK 6th edition was initially released; it was removed in the 3rd update. Go to the PMBOK 6th edition page, and you can review the errata sheet.

From my research, it seems this plan is not a component of the project management plan, but a Business Analysis document, which is residual left over from the integration of the BA role into the PMBOK for this edition. You can find the Benefits Management Plan in the PMBOK, but I haven't found a sound definition. I am, at some time in the future when I can kick my feet up over a fresh cup of coffee, tasking myself with looking into the BA practice Guide, the BA exam content outline, and other PMI published documents to discover more detail.

You are invited to do the same, and if you find something of value, please post - thanks!