DS Python | Harish

Discussion in 'Big Data and Analytics' started by Vikas Kumar_18, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Vikas Kumar_18

Vikas Kumar_18 Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Hi folks,

This is the dedicated community for the Data Science with Python led by Harish.

THEJUS VS likes this.
  2. THEJUS VS

THEJUS VS New Member

At what time, exactly can able to save/download yesterday's live section. ? Pls guide me to download it!!

3. Parthasarathi Kar

what is the purpose of using matplotlib.pyplot.subplot()?
    what does this syntax signifly:
    fig,axes=matplotlib.pyplot.subplot()?

4. Nishant_Singh

Nishant_Singh Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Thejus,

The community thread is created for asking content specific queries basically related to the topics covered in the course. For any other type of queries related to Platform, Labs, Payment etc can only be asked by raising a Support Ticket.

Also, the recording for each session is made available in LMS after 12 hours of the ending time of that session and only then you can download them. You have no option to download the Self Learning Videos but you can download the session recordings for your registered batch after 12 hours of that session.

You can also request for the recordings for a previously ended batch for any course that is available in your LMS and has Live Classes by raising a support ticket.

To download the recording of any session for your registered batch, you first need to wait for 12 hours and then go to LIVE CLASSES tab of that course and just below the dates of only your registered batch a new option will appear labeled as "Download recordings" option if at least day-01 is over and once you click it, you will see the list of all sessions conducted so far in your batch with their respective download icon and you can click on it to download the recording for that session.

# Screenshot :
    upload_2019-10-27_14-45-54.png

Apart from this, you have an "Install Player" button in the right-hand corner of the same page which you need to click to download the NPR Player which is the only player to play the session recordings as the recorded videos that are in .ARF format.

Alternatively, you can use the below link to directly download the NBR Player :
    Windows OS : https://welcome.webex.com/client/T33L/nbr2player.msi
    Mac OS : https://welcome.webex.com/client/T33L/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg

Also, the download option is not available on Mobile Site or the Mobile App of Simplilearn as this player is only supported on the Laptop / PC that too only for the Windows OS and Mac OS only as there is support for Linux based OS.

I hope that this will help you

Regards,
    Nishant Singh
    Senior Global Teaching Assistant
    Simplilearn

5. Parthasarathi Kar

While calculating the minima function using optimize class,why do we need to mention the lower limit e.g. def f(x): return x**2+5*np.sin(x) optimize.minimize(f,x0=2,method='bfgs',options={'disp':True}) In the above case, I have defined a function f(x)=x^2+5sinx so why do I need to put the x0=2?Is it the lower limit?if yes,what does it signify?what is its use? How is the value assigned?Is there any rule for assigning the value x0?How does the change in the value impact the function?

6. Parthasarathi Kar

Hi Harish,
    As I understand, PCA helps in letting us know which independent variables have more influence over dependent variable.I this is so, then can I say that PCA helps us in filtering or choosing only those independant variable which has more infleunce on dependent variable, so that we can choose only those independant variables or features to fit into a model?
    I tried on one of the dataset of load_boston and used following syntax of PCA, after importing PCA
    PCA(X,Y, whiten=True)
    Is this a correct syntax?If not, what is the correct syntax and how to write it?
    And after execution of the PCA operation, how would we know which features have more influence?
    Can you please elaborate on all these queries?

7. harish joya

harish joya Member

Hi Parth, Yes PCA helps us to get the variables which are causing maximum variation in dependent variable.
    The correct syntax is pca = PCA(n_component = n) n are the number of components you want to keep. is it is left blank all components will be returned. next pca.fit(X) will return the components. pca.explained_variation will tell you the importance of variable.

8. harish joya

harish joya Member

Hi Parth,
    It is not lower limit, it's the initial guess. so if you guess close enough function will take less number of iterations.

9. Mannu kumar

Mannu kumar Member

Hello Harish, I am facing a problem with the duplicate indexing while loading the data.Can you please help me how can i remove the duplicate indexed from there(MovieID).The dataframe is taking bydefault indexing.

dataset importing code:
    Data1=pd.read_csv('D:\Movie Rating Project\movies.dat',engine='python',sep='::',header=None,names=['MovieID', 'Title', 'Genres'])

I have also tried with index_col nothing happing

MovieID Title Genres
    1 Toy Story (1995) Animation|Children's|Comedy
    1 2 Jumanji (1995) Adventure|Children's|Fantasy
    2 3 Grumpier Old Men (1995) Comedy|Romance
    3 4 Waiting to Exhale (1995) Comedy|Drama

10. MOHAMMAD HAIDER

MOHAMMAD HAIDER New Member

i have downloaded the yesterday video but i found that in this video your voice is not avilable

11. harish joya

harish joya Member

just use reset_index in the end.

12. Parthasarathi Kar

use following code and check, it might work:
    pd.read_csv(r'D:\Movie Rating Project\movies.dat',engine='python',sep='::',header=None,names=['MovieID', 'Title', 'Genres'])

13. Meenakshi Venkataramanan

Hi Harish,
    for today's assignment these files are you referring

Attached Files:

14. Raghvendra Singh Chauhan

sir can u explain data products and digital services

15. harish joya

harish joya Member

A data product is digital information that can be purchased. The information is then sold as a product to businesses that want to grow sales and target their advertising dollars. Brokers can also collect information about specific consumers from a variety of public and non-public sources including courthouse records, census data and loyalty card programs.

Digital services are services that are not sold and delivered physically . Digital services are online based services delivered electronically