Error in hadoop command

Discussion in 'Masters Program - Customers only' started by _30472, Nov 15, 2018.

1. _30472

_30472 New Member

Hi Sir/Madam,

Might be my question is silly but i am unable to come out the file after adding a content to it..
    vi abc.txt
    sample text to test.

after that i tried esc
    :wq

but I couldn't exit from the file.

2. Shalini Rana

Shalini Rana Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support

Hi Learner,

To exit without saving changes made:
    1. Press <Escape>.
      (You must be in insert or append mode if not, just start typing on a blank line to enter that mode)
    2. Press : <colon>.
      The cursor should reappear at the lower left corner of the screen beside a colon prompt. The colon indicates that what follows is a Vim command.
    3. Enter the following:
      q!
    4. Then press <Enter>.
      This will quit the editor, and abandon all changes you have made; all changes to the document will be lost.
    To exit with saving changes made:
    1. Press <Escape>.
      (You must be in insert or append mode if not, just start typing on a blank line to enter that mode)
    2. Press : <colon>.
      The cursor should reappear at the lower left corner of the screen beside a colon prompt. The colon indicates that what follows is a Vim command
    3. Enter the following:
      wq
      Type “wq” , the “w” indicates that the file should be written, or saved which will overwrite existing file and the “q” indicates that vim should quit, or exit
    4. Then press <Enter>.
      This will quit the editor, and write all changes you have made; all changes to the document will be saved.
    Thanks!