Fundamentals of Marketing - 16 to 27 March

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by marc campman, Mar 16, 2020.

1. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Hi everybody and welcome to the Fundamentals of Marketing course running from 16 to 27 March. Use this forum to ask questions, or share ideas. Looking forward working with you. Marc

2. Archana Makhija(2608)

Hi Marc,

Hope you are doing well.
    How can we see meta data/keywords use by other top ranking websites?

Thank You

3. Nagma_1

Nagma_1 Well-Known Member
    Simplilearn Support Alumni

Hi Archana,

Meta tags are snippets of textual content that describe a page’s content; the meta tags don’t seem at the page itself, but only in the page’s source code. Meta tags are essentially little content descriptors that assist inform search engines like google and yahoo what a web page is about.

The only difference between tags you can see (on a blogpost, say) and tags you can’t see is the location: meta tags only exist in HTML, generally at the “head” of the web page, and so are only visible to engines like google (and those who understand wherein to look). The “meta” stands for “metadata,” that's the sort of statistics these tags provide – data approximately the records for your page.

If you want to find out whether a given page is using meta tags, just right-click anywhere on the page and select “View Page Source.”
    A new tab will open in Chrome (in Firefox, it’ll be a pop-up window). The part at the top, or “head” of the page, is where the meta tags would be.

Regards,
    Nagma Moghul
    Sr. Global Teaching Assistant

4. Curtis Tomlinson

Curtis Tomlinson New Member

Hi Marc, I have asked several times but still can't access the Trello pages. I had no problem creating a user account, but cannot find your pages. What am I doing wrongly? My hands are compromised and I have difficulty with the invite link screen duration. Thanks for your patience.
    Curt Tomlinson (curtislt1)

5. Saju Kurian

Saju Kurian New Member

Hi Marc,

Can you please share a Digital Marketing Project Sample(Getting ready to market project) which we could reference when creating the website as part of our project for this course. It would be great if this can be chared through an email.

6. Sujith Venugopal

Hi Marc my website is
    Hi, Marc, my website is http://sujithvenugopal.co.in/. I have only content on my homepage. the rest of the pages just have jpg's regarding my skillsets and portfolio. So in order for SEO to work for keywords like Graphic Designing and Web Designing. I should have content on each page. I have found my SEO keywords. Please guide me. My SEO Keywords are:

1. web design and development services
    2. custom web design services
    3. web design services
    4. web design solutions
    5. Content Management System
    6. Website Maintainance
    7. website redesign services
    8. responsive web design services
    9. logo design services
    10.Graphic design services
    11.brochure design services
    12.business card design services
    13.letterhead design services

7. S.V. VENKATESAN

S.V. VENKATESAN New Member

Hi Marc

Tried to include the key words after searching the key words for the web site
    ( yesweshop.ucraft.site ) and the document is attached herewith,
    I could not proceed further to the next pages as I find some difficulties in the ucraft though I have added some products in the ecommerce app.

Uploaded the file name : keywordsearch_yesweshop_venkat

As we discussed in one of the session - please clarify which site can be used for the ucraft free developed sites to do the keyword analysis as we could not get results while voyant-tools?

Regards

Attached Files:

8. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

There is no website on this address so I can't check

9. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Hi Curtis, when we start class I will share link again. It should work!!! Otherwise, you can give me your userid on trello and I can send you an invite

10. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

I don't have this so I can't share anything. Maybe Simplilearn can.

11. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

12. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

You can ue tools like wordtracker.com or spyfu.com or ubersuggest to do the keyword analysis

13. Sujith Venugopal

14. Nagma_1

Hi Sujith,

You can you all these platforms for any kind of website.

Regards,
    Nagma Moghul
    Sr.Global Teaching Assistant

15. Anne Allman

Anne Allman Member

Hi Marc - this thread doesn't allow upload of a excel file format. Will you be checking the trello site / assignment page and providing feedback on our keywords / website project? Also the simplilearn course set up has a "project" area with a "submit" button - are we to utilize/upload at the end of this course? sorry, just a bit confused! thank you!!

16. marc campman

marc campman Customer
    Customer

Hi Anne, yes, you can use the submit button to upload your project. I will try to have a look at your project on Trello

17. Chirag Saharia

Hey Marc,

I havent been marked present for 19th and 23rd, i attended all the classes.

18. Chirag Saharia

19. Nagma_1

Hi Chirag,

For attendance queries, You need to raise a ticket for support where the backend team will check and do the further process,However, your attendance is captured in a real-time database, If you have any internet, WebEx fluctuations and if you are not present in the session for 85% of the duration you don't see the tick mark.

The tick mark is basically an indicator that you were there in the session without any fluctuation in your internet speed or connection. Sometimes there is no tick mark shown for the dates even though you have attended the 85% of that session due to fluctuation in your internet while you were attending or if in case you got disconnected even once from WebEx during the session. Do not panic as it is a common process and your actual attendance along with the number of times and the devices you used is still captured in our system in real-time and will be reflecting after 24 hours of the end of the batch only in your LMS. So please do not worry and focus on completing your full batch.

Once your batch gets over, you need to wait for 24 hours for your attendance to get updated in the LMS as its an automated process where it is calculated from the database before releasing and then, your attendance will change from "0 Class(es) completed" to "1 Class(es) completed" and will start reflecting in your LIVE CLASSES tab in the LMS for your respective course.

If in case after 24 hours of the end time of the last session of the batch your attendance is still not reflecting then you just need to raise a ticket and let us know so that we can check with our technical team and release your correct attendance.

Regards,
    Nagma Moghul
    Sr.Global Teaching Assistant.

20. _50597

_50597 Member

21. Anne Allman

Anne Allman Member

Marc, the project description includes "Goals must be set along with UTM parameters which refer to source, medium and campaign" and "Provide a link with the relevant UTM to your website in the email (are we expected to create prospecting emails?)" and "Capture the screenshot in a word document as per the report and add your analytical comments below the screenshot". All a bit confusing - hoping you can review at start of class tomorrow so we know exactly what is expected for the submission. thanks!

22. _50597

_50597 Member

Hi Marc,

Some ad agency wants to rent my FB Admanager page and want to run their ad on my account. They are paying me for this.
    So, is it ok ? or sounds like a scam ?

Thanks,
    Anula

23. Archana Makhija(2608)

Hi Marc, in Ubersuggest which column shows Competition and ranking?

Please can you guide

Thank You

24. Nagma_1

Hi Archana,

4th and 5th columns talk about the competition but there are 2 types of competition.
    1) Paid Competition (PD)
    2) Organic Competition (SD)
    3rd Column talks about CPC.

Please refer to the screenshot for the same.

Attached Files:

25. Archana Makhija(2608)

Dear Marc,

CPC can be shared in any currency ?

26. Archana Makhija(2608)

Dear Marc,
    I changed page names after configuring my website in Google Analytics.

But Google Analytics shows old page names,I thought I would see new pages as the integration would happen automatically

Do I need to do something?

Looking forward to your kind help

Thank You