Has anyone taken PMI's CAPM exam? How was your experience?

Discussion in 'Other Project Management Courses' started by reginajacobsen71, Nov 19, 2014.

1. reginajacobsen71

I will be taking the CAPM exam next month. I have all the books, material and have also taken practice exams, but I am more interested to hear from people who have cleared the exam. Is it really helpful in the practical world? What was you experience/ How did you prepare?

2. Mike Schroeder

CAPM is only for those who don't have 3 yrs of Project Management experience. I'd suggest you to go for PMP directly, if you have the required experience. I can't comment on CAPM preparation as I havent taken it myself, but can tell you - PMP is much more powerful in the market.

Heryzin likes this.
  3. Teagen Channing

Just out of college with no project management experience, (only project work done on internship) I was able to easily pass this exam. Of course, I had invested the time needed into study so that was on my side. I would suggest the CAPM certification for any recent graduate as it's not very hard to pass. Just be sure that you have all the educational and experience requirements needed.

4. Heryzin

Heryzin New Member

I just signed up for PMP today. I will do the instructor lead weekend online courses. Sat and Sun for two months.