Inspired Agile Angels unified for 800/4

Discussion in 'Agile and Scrum' started by Raj K(3066), Aug 13, 2016.

1. Raj K(3066)

Raj K(3066) Well-Known Member
    Trainer

ASM Batch 13th August

2. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

Agile Methodologies at a Glance

Attached Files:

Madesh.R likes this.
  3. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

Version 1 Stage of Agile Survey 11th year
    It is biggest and most respected Agile Surveys in the world.
    Voting for 11th year is on at: http://stateofagile.questionpro.com/
    You also can vote.

4. Madesh.R

Madesh.R Member

HI Ragu,

During the sessions you said you will share the documents which would help us to prepare for the exam. Please share when you have time. Also you created a document to show the difference b\w CSM and ASM could you please share the details when you get some time.

Thanks,
    Madesh.R

5. Madesh.R

Madesh.R Member

Also i was taking the sample tests in the LMS for the below question I selected C, but while validation it said C is incorrect and option A is correct, but the explanation says DBA should be assigned one day each per team. bit confusing.

Michael is a DBA and serves five Scrum teams. All the teams have equal need for his time and he also needs about half his time to perform maintenance and tuning on production databases. What is the best way to split up David's time so that all the teams are able to work with him?
    A. Michael should spend one Sprint with each team while taking care of his routine activities
    B. Michael's manager should be part of the Sprint planning for the five teams andprepare David's schedule accordingly
    C. Michael should spend a day with each of the Scrum team during the week and, may be, half a day on the maintenance activity
    D. The teams should block Michael's time on his calendar based on their need
    Correct Option: A

EXPLANATION

It is clear that Michael needs to slice his time. Random and ad-hoc time slicing will reduce focus and productivity. Also, it is probably not reasonable that a team can do without his services for several sprints in a row. So the best approach may be to devote a day for each team, scheduled in advance so that teams as well as Michael can plan around it.

6. Madesh.R

Madesh.R Member

Hi ,

Please help me with the below question, I selected A and the system said D, need help to understand it better.

DSDM - Atern proposes a prioritization scheme abbreviated as MoSCoW, i.e. Must, Should, Could and Won't. What is the point of classifying a particular requirement as a "Won't"?

A.It means that the requirement is not important and should never be done
    B.It means the team either lacks the expertise or the people to implement it
    C.It means that the team wants to suggest an alternative way to accomplish the same task
    D.It means that the requirement will not be completed in the current time box but may be done later

7. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

The docs are already shared to @AmerNatarajan of GetCertified so he can share with you all. The comparison between CSM and ASM were presented to explain the difference between two certifications. That document is not saved at the end of the session as other than that content, nothing else was there in that document.

You can address me as Raj.

8. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

There seems to be a disconnect between Explanation and correct answer here. LMS key can be wrong at times.
    A. If Micheal spends one sprint with each team, other teams will have to wait for their turn to come. It is against Agile principles. So wrong answer.
    B. Manager's doesnt determine schedule in agile.
    C. Spending each a day with team is much better when compared to Option A. Here, max a team is to wait is 1 to 4 days.
    D. Such thing can't be done by team without Michael's consent.

C and Explanation matches here. So go with C.

Rajan Sood likes this.
  9. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

Won't have requirements doesnt seem important at this point of time. Answer is D.
    A. If you are never doing them, why collecting them in first place?
    B. Agile teams are built on cross functionality. Lack of skills is no such excuse.
    C. Alternate ways can be suggested for all tasks, not just only for Won't have. More over, Won

10. Raj K(3066)

Trainer

There is some internal error at this forum, not allowing me to complete the message.
    Continue for Option C above:
    MoSCoW Prioritization is from Product Owner perspective, not the team.
    D. This is correct. Won't have at this point of time, but we do later when required as decided by the PO.

Rajan Sood likes this.
  11. Madesh.R

Madesh.R Member

Thank you

12. Madesh.R

Madesh.R Member

Did anyone in our batch take the certification? If so can you share your experience?

13. Don Shadwell

Don Shadwell Member

I took the exam and did not pass. There were items on the test that was not in Simplilearn's curriculum or discussed during class. There are test questions that are right out of the book by Mike Cohn. I also did some research. This test is difficult. I found online where a person who teaches Agile etc had a hard time passing. I he passed with a 28 and you need to pass with a 26 and again he teaches this information. If you have take since then please let me know your experience and if you passed what you did to study.

14. Rajan Sood

Rajan Sood Rajan
    Alumni

It's clearly mentioned in the "ASM Preparation Guide" from EXIN that the exam is based on two books from Mike Cohn. So it seems that all aspirants should study atleast one of those books.

15. Minal Phavde

Minal Phavde Member

Has anyome taken the exam for the latest batched and passed.Please let us know, is there atleast one person ?

16. DEBASIS SAHA

DEBASIS SAHA New Member

Is this thread closed? Surprised no responses to Don. Any help?

17. Rakesh Deshpande

Rakesh Deshpande Moderator
    Simplilearn Support

Hello Don and Debasis,

Let me introduce you to myself, I am Rakesh Deshpande, Certified Exin's Agile Scrum Master and Global Teaching Assistant for the course.

Here are some points everyone should consider before applying for any examination.

1. Exin claims or states that every Agile Scrum Master or Practitioner should under go training and learning for atleast 120 hours depending on your experience or a fresher joining in.

2. An online training for atleast 16 hours is must since there is no direct way to reach Exin for Certifications.

Now the point for examination, Learning never stops. There is no one way to clear examination by just 16 hours of training. You can clear only if you are highly experience Scrum Master or hold Scrum o Agile Practitioner certifications. If you are looking forward to clear the examination at first attempt then please ensure you cover every single corner of the Book " Mike Cohn's succeeding with Agile " . Hope this information is helpful. !