Welcome to the Simplilearn Community

Want to join the rest of our members? Sign up right away!

International SEO Topic

praharsh2012

I have created a website in English and I want to rank it all over the world but in China and other countries there are other browsers than Google and they support only those websites which have content in their country-specific language. What should I do about it?

Evan_16

I suppose you must translate your website. Even still, I think that these alternative search engines' goal is to limit foreign websites in favor of national websites. So I think ranking globally is a difficult goal.

Yandex is the Russian search engine. Baidu is the Chinese search engine. Naver is the South Korean search engine.

I gathered that it's nearly impossible to rank on Naver if your not a South Korean website. Naver is heavily biased towards South Korean websites.

I think the point of these search engines is to promote websites and content internal to their country and exclude websites and content external to their country. I feel that you are swimming against the current trying to rank globally. But maybe you speak all these languages and have the ability to do this well. I'm curious. Would you drop the url to your website?

I think for a startup, its probably not an achievable goal to rank globally. But that's just my two cents.

praharsh2012

I suppose you must translate your website. Even still, I think that these alternative search engines' goal is to limit foreign websites in favor of national websites. So I think ranking globally is a difficult goal.

Yandex is the Russian search engine. Baidu is the Chinese search engine. Naver is the South Korean search engine.

I gathered that it's nearly impossible to rank on Naver if your not a South Korean website. Naver is heavily biased towards South Korean websites.

I think the point of these search engines is to promote websites and content internal to their country and exclude websites and content external to their country. I feel that you are swimming against the current trying to rank globally. But maybe you speak all these languages and have the ability to do this well. I'm curious. Would you drop the url to your website?

I think for a startup, its probably not an achievable goal to rank globally. But that's just my two cents.
it's not a startup, I am working for an Immigration company, due to policies I can't share the link. my website has extension ".com".

Evan_16

Sorry for the unhelpful comment. I'm also curious how you would go about ranking globally. Do you redirect the pages to translated pages? Do you use a new domain? Probably not. I don't know.

Globally Google has the lion's share of the search market. So as far as I know there's only a handful of countries that primarily use other search engines (South Korea, China, Russia).